plug sockets

Tazngaz

We are going on the Carnival legend on 28th May ( counting down now!) & need to know what travel plug adapter to take .Are the sockets the 2 pin American style or can we use our UK plugs? Also, does anyone know how many plug sockets there are in a balcony room? Thanks :o

They have both the US type flat prongs and the round pin-type. There are ver few outlets in cabins, generally two US types and one of the other. They are always located near the desk.

Definitely agree with KirkNC. Usually only one or two plugs on the desk area.

Both types of plugs are available. With all the gadgets we have these days, it's a good idea to bring a power strip to charge up our cameras, phones, tablets, etc.

Obviously you will have UK 13A plugs and we generally find that on many ships, even those with UK sockets, the location of the socket is such that some of the modern chargers, where the charger is integrated into to plug, will not easily fit into the sockets. For this reason, even on ships with 13A sockets, we always pack a short (say 1m) four way extension lead.

Think we got our from Maplin for less than a fiver, which was less than the cost of the bits from B&Q.

In regards to the powerstrip, get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Outlets-Go-Power-Strip-USB/dp/B0018MEBNG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368666124&sr=1-1&keywords=Monster+USB+power

Not the typical one you have in a house. This is nice for traveling.

Or get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Charger-Fastest-Samsung-Smartphones/dp/B00BFQ0ANA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=4JZ0PMIZ8Y6Q&coliid=I31ULIBA5SEYAW

This one you have 4 USB ports, this way you only need the cables.

Either way you should be covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are going on the Carnival legend on 28th May ( counting down now!) & need to know what travel plug adapter to take .Are the sockets the 2 pin American style or can we use our UK plugs? Also, does anyone know how many plug sockets there are in a balcony room? Thanks :o

There will probably be only one type of each in the room. Europe and US.

Most of the chargers go either way. I am US and take a us extension cord that has three plugs on the end. I then plug in a three way plug in the end of that that gives me five plugs away from the dressing table that my wife uses so I am out of the way with my stuff. I guess I could carry a power strip and an extension cord that would give me more plugs, but 5 is enough. I will have to ask my Blackpool friend what he does.

On one trip my set up was so far from the plug I used two extension cords plugged together.

Archived