Freedom of the Seas vs. Oasis of the Seas. Caribbean cruise in July

We are two adults at 30, there is going at a Caribbean cruise in July 2014. Should we choose Freedom of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas? We are just looking for a quiet and relaxation cruise, and we will not use the speciality restaurants. Witch ship will probably bee most crowed?

Freedom of the Seas

Passengers: 3,634

Space Ratio: 44,0

Oasis of the Seas

Passengers: 5,408

Space Ratio: 40.0

Will the Oasis of the Seas bee more crowed than the Freedom of the Seas?

Yes and no. I love both. Freedom is certainly one of my favorites, but so is Oasis. I never really feel crowded on Oasis. Lots of places to eat, four pools plus an adult pool, Boardwalk, Promenade, etc. But there is definitely more "happening" on Oasis. Freedom has most of the amenities. As for "crowded," I don't really feel there is much difference due to the space utilization on Oasis. People spread out all over the ship as there is so many options. If you are looking to simply lounge, and don't care about much else, then you may want to do Freedom. Generally Freedom is cheaper. So unless you want the "bells and whistles" I would spend the extra on a better cabin.

Itinerary may also factor in. Depends where you want to go and does both ships go to the same place.

Yes and no. I love both. Freedom is certainly one of my favorites, but so is Oasis. I never really feel crowded on Oasis. Lots of places to eat, four pools plus an adult pool, Boardwalk, Promenade, etc. But there is definitely more "happening" on Oasis. Freedom has most of the amenities. As for "crowded," I don't really feel there is much difference due to the space utilization on Oasis. People spread out all over the ship as there is so many options. If you are looking to simply lounge, and don't care about much else, then you may want to do Freedom. Generally Freedom is cheaper. So unless you want the "bells and whistles" I would spend the extra on a better cabin.

Itinerary may also factor in. Depends where you want to go and does both ships go to the same place.

Very well said. I would say the same thing.

Freedom of the Seas

Passengers: 3,634

Space Ratio: 44,0

Oasis of the Seas

Passengers: 5,408

Space Ratio: 40.0

If you use the Windjammer buffet on Oasis, you will feel more crowded than Freedom. That's probably one of the few areas that will feel more crowded.

I loved freedom... it was great. Oasis is more congested. We went on it to see what the big deal was. Its a nice ship, but its is JAMMED packed all the time, everywhere. I cant wait to go down to a 2,000 only person ship.

If you use the Windjammer buffet on Oasis, you will feel more crowded than Freedom. That's probably one of the few areas that will feel more crowded.

We will be at the Windjammer a lot, so maybe the Freedom are best for us.

We will be at the Windjammer a lot, so maybe the Freedom are best for us.

There are many other places to eat on the Oasis besides the WJ. The Freedom only has the WJ as a casual place.

Both have Café Promenade, but Oasis has the Park Café and the Wipeout and the Solarium Bistro and the Dog House, all of which are included in your cruisefare. If you want to pay, there are many more options on Oasis than on Freedom.

Are you cruising for the ports of call or the ship?

There is certainly more to do on Oasis; it's also typically more expensive than Freedom. If you're cruising primarily for the ports of call, I'd definitely cruise Freedom. If the ship is the main draw, then Oasis wins, but Freedom is no slouch (we're taking our second Freedom cruise in July). Oasis offers more of everything, and some unique features. We only felt crowded on Oasis during the muster drill; the neighborhood concept leads people to disperse according to their interests. The promenade can get crowded on the Freedom class.

If they were priced the same, I'd do Oasis. If it's the typical $1000/cabin more, I'd probably choose Freedom (and we did).

We have sailed both as well. I would go with the Freedom first and see if you like the bigger ships. We will not be sailing Oasis class again most likely. I will surely miss Park cafe though.

We are two adults at 30, there is going at a Caribbean cruise in July 2014. Should we choose Freedom of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas? We are just looking for a quiet and relaxation cruise, and we will not use the speciality restaurants. Witch ship will probably bee most crowed?

A good question! Typically the summer cruises are well booked up. I would also tell you leaving from Ft. Lauderdale IMO is easier then Port Canaveral Florida. The Oasis is bigger- but both ships will probably be booked. We love the Central Park View on the Oasis- it is quiet as long as you aren't on deck 14- which is below the pool area.

If you are looking for quiet- maybe neither ship is for you. While we love RC, I would highly recommend Celebrity. A solstice class ship. Most recently on the Reflection and truly loved it. No nearly as many children as will be on the RC ships you mentioned.

Enjoy your vacation.:)

We have sailed both as well. I would go with the Freedom first and see if you like the bigger ships. We will not be sailing Oasis class again most likely. I will surely miss Park cafe though.

Those roast beef sandwiches and that amazing build your own salad bar in the Park Cafe might be worth spending a little more :)

When pricing the same week, I have sometimes found Freedom to have higher fares! :eek:

We'll have to start watching again! Haven't seen that yet (for a week we could go)!

I cant wait to go down to a 2,000 only person ship.

You will probably have to look elsewhere than Royal Caribbean. Even the smallest RCI ships carry considerably more passengers than that and likely dont have anywhere NEAR the passenger to space ratio that the Oasis twins have.

Edited by ryano

Those roast beef sandwiches and that amazing build your own salad bar in the Park Cafe might be worth spending a little more :)

Yes, the salad bar was an everyday occurrence for me. Wasn't as crazy about the roast beef as some on here.

I feel exactly as Laura. Loved the salad bar, but did not care for the roast beef sandwiches. They make/toss your salad for you. I haven't cruise on Freedom, but enjoyed the Oasis SO much-I'm going back on her in Sept!:D

• 1 year later...

Hey,

If you choose the July 13th Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruise, please

register for the Roll Call. We need seven more CC members to sign on so we can have

a Meet and Mingle. It is a good opportunity to socialize and meet meet ships officers, etc.

Welcome aboard and see you nthere .

Dofunny

It's hard to beat Freedoms Western Caribbean cruise. 4 stops compared to only 3 on Oasis. We have done Freedom 6 times now and really love her !

While the Freedom is great, you should try the Oasis class ships. They are truly a destination. I think you will enjoy the extra sea day as the ship has so much to do.

Enjoy your cruising!