Regent TAs now booking Oceania cruises

Regent TA's are now able to book Oceania cruises. They are now "Prestige Holdings Cruise Consultants" instead of Regent cruise consultants. Wouldn't it be nice if eventually Oceania recognized our status with Regent so we can get free Internet, etc. I find Oceania good for Caribbean but more expensive for Europe/Asia when I add tours, Internet, and upgrade to business air.

This is an interesting development. I wonder what else they'll consolidate.

Agree but do not think this is a positive thing. My experience with calling Regent is that their representatives have a difficult time knowing what is going on with Regent. Now they are suppose to understand two cruise lines that could not be more different? I will continue recommending that people use a knowledgeable travel agent.

Agree but do not think this is a positive thing. My experience with calling Regent is that their representatives have a difficult time knowing what is going on with Regent. Now they are suppose to understand two cruise lines that could not be more different? I will continue recommending that people use a knowledgeable travel agent.

I guess that's why they're combining them because we have always found the Oceania agents to be very well informed. Looks like it will only benefit Regent:)

We take a different approach and first book with the trusted (based on our experience with the Regent rep in Omaha, or Silversea rep in Ft. Lauderdale). Within a day or two we transfer the booking to our TA. We thus have two resources to help us get cruise answers (e.g. who is our ship's leadership--our cruiseline rep), upgrade (our TA). Moreover, we help two professionals at the same time (cruise line travel consultant (gets recognition from the cruise line for a booking) and our TA (gets commission for the transferred booking). Key to our approach is to develop a relationship with the cruiseline travel consultant, so when you call the 800# for Silversea or Regent and the recorded voice asks for an extension--you have your cruiseline travel consultant of choice's extension at your fingertips based on a proven track record of service.

Archived