Looking your best when you gained weight!!

Anyway can someone recommend one of the body shapers that will not be uncomfortable to wear thru dinner and evening. During my week-end shopping spree I have accumulated 30.00 in Khols cash!!

I got an ipant shaper at Dillard's that I got in a large size so that it is not too uncomfortable. It comes in a normal waist or very high waist. The only problem is that I can't wear it with dresses unless they fall below the knees. I've tried cuffing the legs but they come undone. I also have one of those shaper slips with the built-in-underwire removable-strap bras...this is cool because they are sold by bra size, but I can't wear it because it rides up a LOT when I sit down, sometimes up to the waist!

I got an ipant shaper at Dillard's that I got in a large size so that it is not too uncomfortable. It comes in a normal waist or very high waist. The only problem is that I can't wear it with dresses unless they fall below the knees. I've tried cuffing the legs but they come undone. I also have one of those shaper slips with the built-in-underwire removable-strap bras...this is cool because they are sold by bra size, but I can't wear it because it rides up a LOT when I sit down, sometimes up to the waist!

Oh yes, the old roll up like a window shade.:eek: Wore that slip once and after ducking into dark recesses to constantly pull it back down, it went into the trash.

My Nancy Ganz shaper is pretty good, though.

What kind do you have?

I wanted a slip and looked at the Nancy Ganz site and saw they only do store credit on returns. If it doesn't fit then getting another one won't be any better. So I looked at the QVC site and found this http://www.qvc.com/Bodyslimmers-by-Nancy-Ganz-Slip-into-Skinny-Slimmer-Search-Results.product.A326502.html?sc=A326502-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-A326502&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/02/a326502.001?$uslarge$ and this http://www.qvc.com/Bodyslimmers-by-Nancy-Ganz-Bust-Shaping-BodySlip-Slimmer.product.A326516.html?refType=IOFFER&refNumber=A326502&sc=A326516-DTLR&cm_sp=UPSELL-_-IOFFER-_-1&relType=IOFFER&refLocation=1

If it does not fit at least with QVC I can send it back for a full refund.

So, from experience, how awful are these going to be to get on? Should I just forget about it and go "as is"? I'm trying to "smooth" as there is nothing that will slim!

Scrapnana, mine is like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodyslimmers-Nancy-Ganz-Womens-Ivory-Body-Slip-Shaper-w-Underwire-Bra-34B-S-M-/370591564522?pt=US_Shapewear&hash=item5648fa82ea#ht_216wt_932

Not nearly as dreadful to get into as the Shape FX one, and does a better job IMHO. Honestly, though, I don't feel "smooth" in it, more like "less lumpy".

The body slimmer posts are funny... not getting one!

On the QVC link, look at the Jockey Slipshorts. They look similar to my iPants. This style makes for a great shaper because they also prevent your thighs from rubbing together. The slip shapers actually cause your thighs to rub together, if you can move. :eek:

Scrapnana, mine is like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodyslimmers-Nancy-Ganz-Womens-Ivory-Body-Slip-Shaper-w-Underwire-Bra-34B-S-M-/370591564522?pt=US_Shapewear&hash=item5648fa82ea#ht_216wt_932

Not nearly as dreadful to get into as the Shape FX one, and does a better job IMHO. Honestly, though, I don't feel "smooth" in it, more like "less lumpy".

I could settle for "less lumpy".:D

On the QVC link, look at the Jockey Slipshorts. They look similar to my iPants. This style makes for a great shaper because they also prevent your thighs from rubbing together. The slip shapers actually cause your thighs to rub together, if you can move. :eek:

How easy are they to pull up and down when a bathroom break is needed?

I have THIS high waist half slip by Assets. I love it. Easy to go to the bathroom with this on vs. the mid-thigh type. And the half slip doesn't squish the girls and can be worn with sundresses. It just smooths things nicely.

Any thoughts on bathing suit choices?

While I am going to look for a well made and constructed suit that's all I have for ideas.

The past few years I've been buying tankini separates online. I like that I can mix and match the sizes. I also look for bra sized swimsuits so that they fit and support me. No more of the size 10, 12, etc.

Hi Jan:).....for some reason I thought you were a WW person;)

I have been posting a bit over on the "lose to cruise" forum....I went

to my first 2 WW meetings......many people think it is such an "easy

program"......not me:eek:....to be honest, I think it is overwhelming.

Where is the "loose to cruise" forum? I'd like to check it out! I had a hysterectomy on Valentine's Day - and - I've gained 15 lbs since? I had been home for over a year with shoulder surgery, and didn't gain but 5 lbs in a year, then 15 in 3 months is a little hard for me to bear! I'm walking my legs off, and watching what I eat, but, I guess it's just hormonal! ugh!! I got "flamed" on another board for mentioning stretchy waist pants - so - I figure I need to "loose to cruise"!

How easy are they to pull up and down when a bathroom break is needed?

OMG , heaven forbid you should have to hurry to use the bathroom, its like pealing your skin off, and then you have to get the darn thing on again in the bathroom stall , with people waiting to use the stall, here you are jumping around in there trying to pull the darn shaper thing up and its just not good. And yes I know some of them are suppose to have the slit in the necessary location , but really have you tried using that darn slit , not good.

I have pretty much given up on the shaper things , as I said before just not good. I have come to the conclusion that if you are a bit fluffy and need a shaper then it doesn't work , but if you are skinny and don't need a shaper then it works great.

Cori

OMG , heaven forbid you should have to hurry to use the bathroom, its like pealing your skin off, and then you have to get the darn thing on again in the bathroom stall , with people waiting to use the stall, here you are jumping around in there trying to pull the darn shaper thing up and its just not good. And yes I know some of them are suppose to have the slit in the necessary location , but really have you tried using that darn slit , not good.

That is why I was thinking about a slip. Those slits don't work for me at all!

I have pretty much given up on the shaper things , as I said before just not good. I have come to the conclusion that if you are a bit fluffy and need a shaper then it doesn't work , but if you are skinny and don't need a shaper then it works great.

Cori

I think I may just save the money and let the lumps show as they will.

Any thoughts on bathing suit choices?

While I am going to look for a well made and constructed suit that's all I have for ideas.

Swim dresses look great. Since I hurt my knees 9 years ago running I have gained 30 pounds and then I quit smoking. Wile not huge I am a 12/14 with a large chest and mushy tummy mainly from c sections and a bowel resection

I hate my hips so found swim dresses look great

As for clothes intend to shop on line and like travel smith dresses Jessica London - as they go from size 12W up so they chest in their dresses is perfect for me an j Jill

Sharon

Promise, last question!!

I have made all my purchases except....

I have tops and dresses that will expose my shoulders.

I was looking for a bra that I could use the plastic/see thru bra straps...

No Luck, they all are strapless push up bras that you can attach the straps to... Really push up bra is the last thing I need!!

Any suggestions...

At a now size C to go braless is not an option so what do you gals do when your shoulders are bare? I have a nude color bra but don't think that is going to cut it... Help!!

Yup, need to know what the shape of the tops is - straps closer to your neck, a racer back (or those bra clips) might work. If it's a boat/bateau neck, well, as a DDD, I don't buy those because I can't find a bra to fit (other than a strapless, and what strapless works at that size? I can deal with it for dinner & a drink (formal night) if necessary, but not during a more active day, when you might be wearing that sort of neck.)

(For those who don't know what we're talking about - these are the clips http://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-strap-solutions-6-pack/-/A-12730173#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=bra+clip - I did buy mine at Target in the bra section. I think Walmart has them too, maybe Kohls?)

Promise, last question!!

I have made all my purchases except....

I was looking for a bra that I could use the plastic/see thru bra straps...

No Luck, they all are strapless push up bras that you can attach the straps to... Really push up bra is the last thing I need!!

Any suggestions...

At a now size C to go braless is not an option so what do you gals do when your shoulders are bare? I have a nude color bra but don't think that is going to cut it... Help!!

I just went ahead and bought the strapless. I certainly don't need the padding but I've been looking for over a year and could not find anything else.

I like to get my suits from Lands End, and they are well made and last forever. Today I stumbled upon igigi.com which had some amazing dresses! I only wish I actually wore dresses so I could justify buying some.

I also make sure I have a good haircut and some highlights for special occasions. (Esp since I discovered a gray hair!):eek:

I also make sure I have a good haircut and some highlights for special occasions. (Esp since I discovered a gray hair!):eek:

A gray hair? I started getting gray hairs at 13 and was totally white by 45. I colored it for years and for many months after I let it grow out I would be shocked when I caught my reflection in the mirror!:eek:

Archived