Questionnaire at End of Cruise?

SilvertoGold

We really had nice cruise a few weeks ago, but gave Cruise Director low marks wonder what he thought of that? Our Cabin steward offered to take the comment card, I sure something might happen to it if he got bad marks ( he did get 9's but I took it down myself)

I never let our survey cards lay around in the cabin while we are gone -- whether they complete or not complete.

Once they are completed, one of us always takes them to the box.

I think we have always received the survey cards to fill out, and we have always put 9's unless something has really bugged us. It also makes an opportunity to mention people who have been outstanding, which I feel is important to have on their records. We also put in anything we feel could stand some improvement!

We disembarked from the Veendam this past Saturday. We received the surveys in our cabin on Friday morning. We get two of them--one each. I filled mine in honestly, for instance, giving our waiters good marks but a little bit less for the food. We were fortunate not to have anyone beg for nines. That turns me off.

I always try to mention some employees by name when they have gone above and beyond my expectations. My biggest complaints were about the cutbacks HAL has made to entertainment and the cruise director's staff.

Princess emails the survey the last day of the cruise, as it is waiting for you when you arrive home. I overheard some in Internet Cafe actually filling out the survey before they left the ship as they had checked their email. I much prefer that way as one has time to do it and is not rushed. I think it is also shorter than what HAL has. And there is plenty of space for comments.I suspect, those who do not have a computer, do not get one via snail mail. Isn't response rate for most surveys about 10% and that is considered good?

HAL usually has a drawing for a prize from among those surveys deposited in the box before the last night, I think it is. One cruise, DD won a very nice rolling duffel (blue with logo); she didn't need it so I got it! It has been useful for short trips in the car.

Princess emails the survey the last day of the cruise, as it is waiting for you when you arrive home. I overheard some in Internet Cafe actually filling out the survey before they left the ship as they had checked their email. I much prefer that way as one has time to do it and is not rushed. I think it is also shorter than what HAL has. And there is plenty of space for comments.I suspect, those who do not have a computer, do not get one via snail mail. Isn't response rate for most surveys about 10% and that is considered good?

I actually had to wait a few days after my cruise in April. Usually it is there right away.

A couple of cruises ago (think it was the Amsterdam last September) we were told this was the last paper cruise survey we would see; HAL was going to e-mail surveys post-cruise. That's the last I've heard of that change in procedure.

I suspect it's been re-thought.

I do wish there was more room for comments. I have things to say that take up space, and don't fit neatly under the headings the survey has. I write in whatever space is there, and use very small print, but I preferred the former survey format.

I would not like to see HAL go to all e-mail surveys. By the time I get home it can be hard to fit the survey in the real life routine. I'm sure that's true for most people.

HAL usually has a drawing for a prize from among those surveys deposited in the box before the last night, I think it is. One cruise, DD won a very nice rolling duffel (blue with logo); she didn't need it so I got it! It has been useful for short trips in the car.

It has been years since we have been on a cruise -- lots of different ships, and there were no drawnings for the rolling duffel bag.

Does Princess send them via e-mail or regular mail?

If e-mail -- what about people who do not have a computer.

Princess sends them via email -- one for each of us even though we have the same email address.

Actually, sort of like it better because I'm not rushed to fill "them" out before getting off the ship. At least HAL leaves it for us in our cabin earlier than the last night.

No clue what Princess does about those without computers. I'll ask my TA the next time I talk to her. She still has many clients without computers.

Here's a strange one: Carnival only sends these email opinion forms of the cruise to some ... not all ... after a cruise. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

<snip>I would not like to see HAL go to all e-mail surveys. By the time I get home it can be hard to fit the survey in the real life routine. I'm sure that's true for most people.

For as busy as I am I prefer it. If it appears on route to home I usually have time because I'm sitting in the airport for a million hours:rolleyes:.

Finished our 15 day Maasdam cruise last Saturday. We got the survey forms on Friday morning and if you handed them in by 5pm Friday night you went into a draw for a bag. I also think there is not enough room for comments and ones I have do not fit under their headings either, so I write wherever there is space.

On our Collectors cruise in Dec/Jan I also thought it strange we only got the survey for the second segment.

I try to make notes throughout the cruise so I won't forget the good or, on the rare occasions, the bad. I make an effort to mention the wonderful bar stewards who are so gracious to me whether I order water, drinks or usually, nothing at all. I also note the name of tour guides if we take HAL tours. Whether I feel I did or did not have a good tour, I like to let HAL know and tell them why.

I always run out of room on my survey but use HAL stationery for needed space and simply staple together at the desk before I turn it in.

If I do note a problem, there is always a letter (thanking me for my comments and stating they hope they do better) in my cabin when I arrive for my next cruise.

Princess sends them via email -- one for each of us even though we have the same email address.

Actually, sort of like it better because I'm not rushed to fill "them" out before getting off the ship. At least HAL leaves it for us in our cabin earlier than the last night.

No clue what Princess does about those without computers. I'll ask my TA the next time I talk to her. She still has many clients without computers.

Here's a strange one: Carnival only sends these email opinion forms of the cruise to some ... not all ... after a cruise. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Could it be that Carnival only wants good reports and knows who will give them?

If HAL only sent to certain people, you can bet the Cheerleaders here would always get them.

Finished our 15 day Maasdam cruise last Saturday. We got the survey forms on Friday morning and if you handed them in by 5pm Friday night you went into a draw for a bag. I also think there is not enough room for comments and ones I have do not fit under their headings either, so I write wherever there is space.

On our Collectors cruise in Dec/Jan I also thought it strange we only got the survey for the second segment.

We have done quite a few Collectors Cruises and only got the survey at the end of the entire cruise (second segment).

Maybe HAL is brining back the drawings??

I try to make notes throughout the cruise so I won't forget the good or, on the rare occasions, the bad. I make an effort to mention the wonderful bar stewards who are so gracious to me whether I order water, drinks or usually, nothing at all. I also note the name of tour guides if we take HAL tours. Whether I feel I did or did not have a good tour, I like to let HAL know and tell them why.

I always run out of room on my survey but use HAL stationery for needed space and simply staple together at the desk before I turn it in.

If I do note a problem, there is always a letter (thanking me for my comments and stating they hope they do better) in my cabin when I arrive for my next cruise.

I also take notes to have handy when we write up our surveys.

Could it be that Carnival only wants good reports and knows who will give them?

If HAL only sent to certain people, you can bet the Cheerleaders here would always get them.

No because I always get them. I don't think it would come as a surprise that I say the good and bad. I'm certainly not a cheerleader.

I agree! When the CD stands behind that Hal lecturing and actively solicites "9s" and others throughout the ship do the same it totally invalidates any statistical worth the survey might have.

On my most recent cruise (March), I decided I was so tired of being told to give all 9s that I wrote at the top of the survey, "I refuse to spend the time to complete this survey with my honest opinions if you don't want them anyway."

I'm going to continue that practice. I'm not going to waste any more of my cruise time filling out surveys.

I always fill out my surveys on HAL and I agree, there is not enough space to write in my comments.

I sailed on Royal Caribbean about a year ago and it seemed nothing went right with the cruise. I was so discouraged that I didn't want to fill out the survey. I meant to put it in my bag and take it with me, but I forgot and left the unfilled survey on the counter. A few weeks after I returned home I got an email from Royal Caribbean thanking me for my comments. I guess somebody filled it out for me!

I sailed on Princess in April and received the survey by email. I forgot about it until I started reading this thread. I went back and looked for the email. It was dated April 24 and said the link would be good for 1 week. I clicked on the link (a month later) and the survey was still active and I was able to fill it out. There was a lot of space to put comments. I really like this format better but it is hard to remember to do when you get home.

We have done quite a few Collectors Cruises and only got the survey at the end of the entire cruise (second segment).

Maybe HAL is brining back the drawings??

We recieved our survey at the end of our collector cruise, too.

No drawing at the end of that cruise. Gosh I can't remember the last time they told us they were having drawings with the surveys. It has been many years ago.

Does Princess send them via e-mail or regular mail?

If e-mail -- what about people who do not have a computer.

We received ours via E-MAIL, from Princess, about 3days AFTER our cruise on the Golden in March (2013)..... good question re; people who have no computer????

Archived