Watershoes for a British Isles cruise?

Hey guys so I'm going on a 12 day British Isles cruise in a month and I am trying to get the last of the things that I need. I don't have good walking shoes so I wanted to get something for all of the excursions I am doing. Since it could be raining a lot I was thinking about get a nice tennis shoe water shoe type thing. I'm not sure I'm suppose to post this but it's just an idea of what I am looking at http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~water-shoes/shoes~d~4/womens-footwear~d~19/ some of the ones on top. Anyone have any experience or think it is a good idea? I think it would be a nice way for them to dry out. I'm 24 if that makes any difference on your recommendation.

THANKS! Also while you're here if you have any recommendations on things to definitely bring let me know. It's the 12 day Princess cruise in the 29th of next month.

Hey guys so I'm going on a 12 day British Isles cruise in a month and I am trying to get the last of the things that I need. I don't have good walking shoes so I wanted to get something for all of the excursions I am doing. Since it could be raining a lot I was thinking about get a nice tennis shoe water shoe type thing. I'm not sure I'm suppose to post this but it's just an idea of what I am looking at http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~water-shoes/shoes~d~4/womens-footwear~d~19/ some of the ones on top. Anyone have any experience or think it is a good idea? I think it would be a nice way for them to dry out. I'm 24 if that makes any difference on your recommendation.

THANKS! Also while you're here if you have any recommendations on things to definitely bring let me know. It's the 12 day Princess cruise in the 29th of next month.

Or you can do what we did for our 2 Alaska cruises and will do for our British Isles cruise in August - waterproof your existing shoes (walking shoes, sneakers, etc.) with a waterproofing spray available at shoe stores and in the shoe departments of Target, Walmart, etc. No need to buy anything special.

We wore our Gortex lined light hiking shoes on the Princess British isles cruise last year. Luckily it didn't rain much, but weather is such a hit and miss on this cruise, so you have pack accordingly.

We're a tad older than you, so comfort is more important to us than style, especially when walking on hilly, cobblestoned streets. Our cruise was in late May/early June and I found a fleecejacket and light rainproof jacket came in handy on some days.

Enjoy your cruise!

As long as you have enough of a sole and support for rough surfaces, you are going to be fine with those. You either should have a couple different pairs or a pair that you can count on drying out overnight if need be.

Happy cruising!

I have the Salomon water shoes and they are quite lightweight-- better suited to a trip to a warm climate such as Costa Rica. I am on a British Isles cruise now, and after doing lots of walking in London and Ireland so far, I'm glad I brought leather walking shoes. I stressed a bit before getting here since I didn't have waterproof shoes, but now see that it has not been the issue that I thought it would be.

If you haven't any good walking shoes, I'd suggest you get some good walking shoes. ;) Waterproof, suitable for town or country.

Just because it sometimes rains a lot, doesn't mean the streets are muddy. They're paved. And there are very few cobbled streets, and even where there are some, you don't have to walk on them except to cross over. The pavements generally have flagstones or tarmac.

Jesus Christ, it rains a lot here but we're not water logged! :p

Just wear your normal shoes! That's what us British people do. Take wellies if you're really worried. But really, you'll be fine.

Just wear your normal shoes! .

The only reason shoes are brought up occasionally here is that on a cruise with a busy itinerary , you really need to pack an extra pair of shoes or ones that dry quickly so they are ready for the next day. That's why some people look at "water" shoes. Avoiding the extra packing.

Nothing worse than getting up the next morning to walk in still damp shoes from the previous day's rainy walks. Of course, locals have a variety to choose from at home. ;)

Nothing worse than getting up the next morning to walk in still damp shoes from the previous day's rainy walks. Of course, locals have a variety to choose from at home. ;)

When shoes start letting in water, it's time to throw them away. It doesn't matter how wet it is, as long as you don't paddle in ankle-deep water, your shoes shouldn't leak.

When shoes start letting in water, it's time to throw them away. It doesn't matter how wet it is, as long as you don't paddle in ankle-deep water, your shoes shouldn't leak.

My lightweight summer running and walking shoes are not made to keep my feet dry. The material is vented to keep my feet cool. If it's a wet day, I wear those made to withstand the puddles, rain I can come across.

I remember having wet shoes after an afternoon in St. Mark's Square while on a three days stay in Venice. And we stayed out of the "deep areas." :)

Archived