Viking Star 2015 Cruisers List

rblevow

Hi all,

We received our coin last week, though we never got an email about it beforehand. I hate to be the cynic, but I'd much rather have upfront information from Viking regarding the cruise than a coin. A coin--seriously. I don't get it. Talk to us Viking--that's what we need and want--information.

Just sayin'

• 3 weeks later...

I'm posting this just to keep this thread alive. Have two other cruises before it. Next week, Azamara Quest transatlantic Miami to Nice and then Oceania's Nautica from Istanbul to Dubai in November. Since I have to make so many choices on Oceania I'm looking forward to the Viking Star mentality that they've figured it out for you. We'll see if that is true.

Happy spring, everyone.

Christine

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Homelands cruise for 1st May 2016 last year - 2-and-a-half-years in advance! Being from the UK, we took advantage of the 'gratuities included' offer if booked by end of 2013. I'll be keen to see others' reviews of their experiences with the new ship next year. It certainly looks promising :)

Greetings everyone. My wife and I are on the 11 JUN 15 departure from Bergen. We have done mostly Caribbean and Alaska cruising with RC. My wife did a Viking River trip last summer (while I was working :cool:) and enjoyed it. As far as ocean cruising goes, this will be a big step up for us as far as "expected" quality and itinerary. This is the kind of thing we said we would do when we retire......but hey, why wait, right? I look forward to meeting other travelers here who will be cruising with us. Cheers from Silver Lake, Ohio.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello...we are a group of 8 adults sailing on the April 11, 2015 Istanbul to Venice cruise. Can't wait. The ship looks wonderful.

We just booked the same cruise for April 3, 2016! Can't wait to hear about your experience. Are you adding on to Istanbul, if so, what hotel? It sounds like a fabulous trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Viking Star receives first 2 of its 4 new engines. Nice video and update on (2) more new Viking Ocean Cruise sister ships, Viking Sea and Viking Sky.

We're so excited, ready to book another Viking Ocean Cruise for 2016.

http://www.corporate.man.eu/en/disco...uise-ship.html

http://worldmaritimenews.com/archive...e-ocean-ships/

Bob & Margie,

So are we! Considering the second leg of Venice to Barcelona for 2016.

Becki & Garrett

We are booked for the Venice to Barcelona leg of the cruise. We loved our Viking River Cruise from Amsterdam to Swizerland last summer and hope this ocean cruise will be as great. We'll be traveling with another couple, and we all are in our 60's, have traveled throughout the world, and love the excitement of discovering new places. Cruising is so relaxing.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I received our coin. We are booked on Viking Homeland July 25th, stateroom 3029, flying from Toronto July 24th. We are booked for the Oslo extension. Only 13 months away!!

She's in the water! :D

Viking Cruises' inaugural ocean ship – the 930-passenger Viking Star – was floated out at a ceremony in Italy

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/06/25/viking-star-cruise-float/11348183/

http://timespentatsea.blogspot.com/2014/06/vikings-first-ocean-ship-is-floated-out.html

Thanks for sharing! We are on the same cruise as you. Although it is still more than a year away seeing that the ship has reached this stage is very exciting!

Looking forward to our inaugural trip. If anyone is going on the full 50 day trip there is a forum we just found for Viking Empire. Not many folks on this blog, but suspect there should be a good size group going on the entire trip? Always enjoyed our Viking river cruises (China; Christmas Markets) as well as long adventures on HAL Prinsendam (Med/Africa; South America/Antarctica). Hoping this will be combination of Viking river hospitality and Prinsendam family...Can't wait...Karen and Guy (Buffalo, NY)

bcorre2, Thanks for sharing this great news. Viking Oceans should send this to everyone who has booked a cruise on her in 2015. It is nice to see her exterior finished and painted and ready for sea. I am only booked on the April 11 sailing and was aware that a lot could happen that would delay this cruise, and am relieved that things seem to be progressing on schedule.

We are booked on the Viking Star for August 8th leaving from New York. Is anyone going on a pre cruise? We are considering Iceland for 3 nights.