How many atlernative restauarant reservations can you make?

dafne

Going on 10 day Silversea Spirit. Looks like ship is near capacity.

How many alternative restaurant reservations will they let you make the first day of cruise sign up?

If want to go to La Terraza 2 or 3 times will they let me do that?

Also I may want to go to Le Champagne 2x.

Thanks.

The Maitre d' will let you know how he's operating, since it depends on a few variables. Their goal is to allow everyone to enjoy these venues, so there could be some limits on bookings in the beginning, until the pace sorts itself out. But if you find that you're limited to 1 reservation per venue on boarding day, ask what he suggests. You might need to check back daily, or go on a wait list for your desired dates. They're very good about wait lists - people do cancel, and we've gotten calls just hours before to inform us of last-minute availabilities.

Just returned from Silver Spirit and there is a new computerised system in place.

Rather than as before booking at each venue upon boarding there is now central control. Set up in the Stars there are 3 staff taking bookings and you can book for all venues at the same time but if you try for a second booking at a venue you will be told they are full but you can go on the wait list. The problem here is that some people seem to want to know so much detail that delays soon build up and our third place in the queue resulted in a 25 minute wait.

We like La Terrazza and wanted 2 dates so were wait listed for the second however we got in although the system was poor as we received a reservation card on the morning and then at 6.45 had a call offering a table for 7.00.

Just returned from Silver Spirit and there is a new computerised system in place.

Rather than as before booking at each venue upon boarding there is now central control. Set up in the Stars there are 3 staff taking bookings and you can book for all venues at the same time but if you try for a second booking at a venue you will be told they are full but you can go on the wait list. The problem here is that some people seem to want to know so much detail that delays soon build up and our third place in the queue resulted in a 25 minute wait.

We like La Terrazza and wanted 2 dates so were wait listed for the second however we got in although the system was poor as we received a reservation card on the morning and then at 6.45 had a call offering a table for 7.00.

Last time we were on Spirit is a year and a half ago so I held back from commenting on the thread as I thought it was highly likely that the bookings system may have changed since then.

Very good to have current information, thanks for your post.

Last spring, upon boarding you could request up to 3 reservations from the restaurants immediately. Pick the 3 most important dates to you. After that, speak with your butler on the first day. He/she will be able to secure the rest of the reservation requirements that you have.

We typically have not had a difficult time with specialty restaurant reservations.

However, we did have one cruise in the Med on the Spirit at the end of August 2011 where it was an issue. It was a 7 day, sold out cruise. They would only give us one dinner reservation at La Terrazza, and we wanted to eat there twice. We did not have reservations at any other specialty restaurants during the cruise.

The La Terrazza maitre'd refused to give us a second reservation during that voyage. He said he was only granting one reseervation per cabin, and would wait list us. Every day, I stopped by to find out the status. I even asked if they could deliver the La Terrazza meal to our cabin if they didn't have room in the restaurant. He flatly refused, said the food wouldn't travel well to our cabin and was uncooperative. Finally, on the second to last day of the cruise, he offered us a reservation on the last night in La Terrazza.

That is the only cruise, out of close to 100 days on Silversea, where we had a problem. I think it may have been that maitre'd....

Rather than as before booking at each venue upon boarding there is now central control.

We are presently on the Cloud and there is no new system in place here. Everything continues to be managed via paper including hand written reservations and notes.

We are presently on the Cloud and there is no new system in place here. Everything continues to be managed via paper including hand written reservations and notes.

Probably because there are less options and easier to manage so it may well just apply to Spirit. The MD did say to us that as it was new they were going to make TAs aware so people were aware prior to boarding.

We are going on our first SS cruise in September on the Shadow. Can anyone tell me if La Terraza and Le Champagne are included in our all inclusive costs or do we have to pay to eat there? Does anyone have any recommendations for either of the restaurants?

Thanks, we weren't sure what the onboard credit could be used for. It's still 15 weeks till we go but already we're getting really excited. It's good to hear that you had such a good time on the shadow.

Archived