Passenger Vs Crew Events (Dancing with Stripes, Chef competition, etc)

Kikimeister

So...I'm curious. How do they choose which passengers they will use in the Celebrity competition events? Like Dancing with the Stripes, Chef competition, etc?

If I will never have a chance at being on Dancing with the Stars, perhaps Dancing with the Stripes is my only option! ;)

If the stripes are male it helps that you are a female. :D

I seen where they had a preliminary dance off or audition. They pick those than can do something and are creative.

LOLOL -- I googled some videos on YouTube...oh my goodness, what a riot! Talk about hamming it up on the dance floor!!

Now onto the important question: Do they give out a mirror-ball trophy to the winners?? LOL

Hi. My husband cooked with the chefs on stage in the cooking competition last year. We arrived in the theatre around 20 minutes before it started and one of the staff was just asking people if they wanted to do it. On our next cruise they asked people in the audience to put their hands up if they wanted to cook or be a judge and they all got a voucher for a freebie speciality dining afterwards.

The dancing with the stripes competition was the funniest thing I have seen in ages. Staff were coming round trying to get people to take part and you certainly need to be fit to do it. The staff dancers were throwing their partners all over the place ! I think the winner got free drinks but no glitter ball !

I reluctantly volunteered as my DD insisted (she had won it the cruise before with a guest) and my name was drawn from the hat! A "stitch up" more like!

I had to dance with lady officer from accounts and her two left feet matched my two right feet!

We managed two knockouts but I was glad we didn't progress as the dancing (for want of a better word) got crazier and crazier. You need to be an exhibitionist or just "off your trolley" to win.

Great fun though.

I have been a judge a couple of different times before:) for the

cooking competition and Dancing with the Stripes. It is all in good fun:)

If you want to dance? When you see that event in your daily? That

day, find the CD and let him/her know you would like to participate.

I have heard from a senior officer, that dancing with the stripes used to be a nice event and that it can be a nice event depending of who is the cruise director. However in most of the cases, it is not really a dancing competition. It has more to do with the willingness of passengers and junior officers to accept that other people are laughing at them. If pulling some junior officer from his tie, while he is doing acrobatics on the floor is your type of fun you might enjoy it. Some people seem to do it.

Now cooking with the chef is a more seriour event, in which you really get the chance to help junior chefs to prepare some dish. During this event is more unlikely that somebody will laugh at you.

On Eclipse, there was a Bocce ball contest with the officers and it was great fun to watch!

The interaction among the guests and the officers in many kinds of activities is one of the unique things I observed during my Celebrity cruise. I liked it!

Archived