Silver Cloud - Vista Suite 437

caroak

We chose #437 for it's mid-ship location. When I inquired regarding the wall across from the cabin, which shows up blank on the deck plan, I was told by Silverseas that it was the kitchen. Has anyone who stayed in one of the deck 4 cabins across from the wall experienced any noise from the kitchen? Of course, Silverseas said no noise but I would appreciate feedback from a guest.

We chose #437 for it's mid-ship location. When I inquired regarding the wall across from the cabin, which shows up blank on the deck plan, I was told by Silverseas that it was the kitchen. Has anyone who stayed in one of the deck 4 cabins across from the wall experienced any noise from the kitchen? Of course, Silverseas said no noise but I would appreciate feedback from a guest.

I've stayed right along there too many times to count. Trust me - you'll never know it unless someone drops a tray full of dishes right outside your suite - which could happen anywhere. Silver Cloud is my favorite ship and Deck 4 Vistas mid-ship are the best. For many reasons - easy access to dining room, etc etc etc.

Grab it !!

We stayed just a few doors down from your cabin and we never heard a thing from the kitchen. We love these Vista suites and don't feel the need to ever upgrade. Enjoy!

I have to agree with Dusababy and Declady. We've stayed in the same neighbourhood on the Cloud and Wind. Love the mid-ship Vistas.

Go for it!

Declady, I was born and raised in Burlington, Ontario. Graduate of Aldershot HS.

Love Silversea!

Cheers!

ScottToronto

Hey Scott - We live in north Burlington now and our kids went to Aldershot too! Small world. Who knows maybe we will meet on a future Silversea cruise. Our next one is on the Explorer next month and I can't wait.

Glad to hear all the positive feedback. We'll be on our first Silverseas cruise next June which is a chartered cruise to Normandy. We'll be there for the 70th Anniversary of D-Day and we're very excited!:)

Crock, we are too! Being on the Cloud on a charter will be unique. I was considering a Roll Call but I don't think many CC regulars even know about that cruise!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The charter is being run by the National WWII Museum in New Orleans. We heard about it from a friend who is currently on the Cloud. Gene Sloan, USAToday cruise blogger, posted it initially. My other 1/2 is a history addict, esp. military history. We have been talking about a battlefield tour in Normandy for years. The looks like the perfect opportunity, esp . on the Cloud! The official brochure isn't out yet. They have been inundated by requests. www.nationalww2museum.org I thought about posting it on CC but decided not to. It is the museum's show and I did not want to interfere. Come along!

duct tape, I had a feeling someone else on the cruise would surface. We found out about the cruise from a newspaper article published on D-Day last Thursday after DH, another WWII buff, announced he wants to tour Normandy for his big b-day next year. I was doing some research and came across the article. We booked on Friday and now two other couples will join us. The cruise is almost fully committed. This will definitely be a once in a lifetime experience. We were in Normandy on D-Day 2010 and it was one of our most moving travel experiences.

I agree about no need for a roll call but let's be in touch at some point so we can meet on board. You can e-mail me at ckropp@cox.net.

There is also a charter in April ( 2 ships I believe ) for the 100th anniversary of the landing of Australians at Gallipoli in WW1.

Many Australians have attended a dawn service there on ANZAC day -26th April -but being on a Silversea ship would be wonderful.

We chose #437 for it's mid-ship location. Has anyone who stayed in one of the deck 4 cabins across from the wall experienced any noise from the kitchen? Of course, Silverseas said no noise but I would appreciate feedback from a guest.
Being on board this week, I've paid particularly close attention to noise as we've walked down the hallway. The only noise incursion that I've noticed is for suites #445 and #447 as they are directly across from a crew door that leads to the kitchen. #437 has been completely quiet each time.

Thanks for letting us know about next year's Normandy charter on the Cloud. We booked the cruise yesterday and are quite excited to go back to that part of the world.

There are still a few cabins available, and my TA is sending information to several CC.com regulars.

Maybe a roll call after final payment would be a good idea.

Just back from Cloud in 435, and I can join the chorus of those reporting no kitchen noise intrusions were heard. We took the kitchen tour as the staff was readying for the evening meals, and it actually was pretty quiet inside the kitchen itself. We chose the cabin for its position, are glad we did, and I expect you will be as well.

Stumblefoot and NJ Jim, thanks for the cabin info. Glad to hear it will be nice and quiet.

Emtbsam, welcome to the D-Day cruise! I agree, a roll call after final payment would be a good idea.

Archived