Luggage tags

elizabeth612

It is really a non issue.

Just fill out a luggage tag at the dock when you drop off your bags. It takes all of about 30 seconds.

We do not even bother with printing out the cruise line luggage tags-let alone attaching them.

It is really a non issue.

Just fill out a luggage tag at the dock when you drop off your bags. It takes all of about 30 seconds.

We do not even bother with printing out the cruise line luggage tags-let alone attaching them.

The stevedores always have a supply of tags you can quickly complete and attach to your bag. The style they use is fast and easy.

There is enough 'commotion' with luggage being offloaded from vehicles as well as issues related to weather, ie rain/wind, etc. without having to be concerned with having to obtain & complete luggage tags as well! It is much more efficient & far less hassle to already have your (folded) paper tags attached to your luggage before arriving at the pier! ;)

Does anyone think having a Cruise Critic tag diminishes the likelihood of baggage mishaps given the public nature of this forum?

I honestly doubt the luggage handlers would care.

I normally cruise another line, what I'll do is print them at home and cover them with clear packing tape. I'd rather print them out first and be prepared. My last cruise the porter (or whatever you call them) placed a forward tag on our luggage, although we were aft. The luggage did get to the room with no trouble, but you know how the saying goes, if you want it done right, do it yourself!

We have never had an issue with filling out luggage tags at the port. It takes all of 30 seconds.

We then hand the bags to the porter. We stay until the bags are placed in the large metal bins for loading on to the ship. I cannot imagine that Cruise Critic luggage tags...or any luggage tags will increase the chances of your luggage being delivered on time and in good condition. Better to focus on printing you name and cabin number clearly on the tags!

We used to do the print your own and staple then on but just cannot be bothered with the printing and bringing the papers. Whatever works for you is best.

Does anyone think having a Cruise Critic tag diminishes the likelihood of baggage mishaps given the public nature of this forum?

No. I don't see use of a CruiseCritic tag holder makes any difference in the handling of our luggage. We have always experienced wonderful luggage management on HAL ships...... (hope that continues. :))

I am not certain just what 'wonderful luggage management' is.

On all lines, so far, we fill out the tags, attach them, see that they are put in the bin, and then we board the ship.

In all instances and on all cruise lines our luggage has been delivered promptly and without any damage. This is what we expect and we have never been disappointed.

I am not certain just what 'wonderful luggage management' is.

On all lines, so far, we fill out the tags, attach them, see that they are put in the bin, and then we board the ship.

In all instances and on all cruise lines our luggage has been delivered promptly and without any damage. This is what we expect and we have never been disappointed.

Anytime any air carrier/cruise ship delivers our luggage promptly and in good condition, I call that wonderful.

That is my definition and works for me. :)

That is ridiculous.

The luggage handlers are far too busy to see something like that. They treat it just like any other piece of luggage.

There is enough 'commotion' with luggage being offloaded from vehicles as well as issues related to weather, ie rain/wind, etc. without having to be concerned with having to obtain & complete luggage tags as well! It is much more efficient & far less hassle to already have your (folded) paper tags attached to your luggage before arriving at the pier! ;)

I agree ,We put packing tape on them to reinforce them and punch holes for zip ties ..

We have been printing them lately but the issue for us leaving day(s) before the cruise you need to bring tape or a stapler with your or borrow some from the hotel.

Another idea is to bring return address labels with your and put them on the tags at the port and then you only need to add your stateroom number.

I actually prefer the tags from X which are printed and color coded on sticky labels similar to airline tags. X sends them in the mail to you a few weeks before the cruise.

Archived