Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Thank you for taking the time to share while onboard. We all appreciate it very much, and we are all very glad those nasty slot machines have started to warm up to you.

I'm very disappointed that Princess didn't do more (and better) for the Royal's send-off. When I'm feeling hinky - or out of sorts - I usually eat something yummy to make me feel better.

I hope you don't think I'm being bossy, but shouldn't you and Mrs. Shogun be eating something right now? ;)

Most ships have the outlets on the desk so you would need an octopus and heavy duty extension cord. I have been dragging my CPAP on cruises on all lines for 14 years and have never had a problem with my 20 foot cord.

Thanks. Yes, the outlets are normally on the desk. It's just that in balcony cabins on other ships in the Princess fleet the desk is on the same side of the room as the bed so you don't have to have an extension cord laying on the floor. It looks like it's not that way in the deluxe balconies on the Royal.

Craig

5uvu5u3u.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this. It's the first photo I've seen of one of the many sideways insides. I'm so glad now that we didn't book one of these. One of the beds is right against the corridor, and we know from past experience, in one of the Emerald Princess sideways cabins (and in those the bed is not right against the wall- there's another vanity area) how much more noise we heard from the corridor. We prefer the space from the beds to the corridor that the perpendicular cabins provide. Thanks again, and for this entire live from. It's most helpful!

We were in a deluxe balcony on the last preview cruise and no, the outlets are only near the desk.

Thanks for the picture. Looks like we'll have to have an extension cord on the floor across the cabin. Guess as long as no one trips over it during the night it will be just fine.

Craig

Yes, most of the time the desk is on the other side of the cabin. I always take the side of the bed closest to the balcony door and run the long cord along the door sill to the wall and then run it up to the desk and the outlet. That way when she takes her nightly visits to the bathroom she won't trip on the cord. A longish 20 - 30 foot cord helps.

Thank you to all, especially Shogun, for starting the Live thread. Does anyone have a partially obstructed deluxe balcony on Emerald deck?

I have been told by Princess, at different times, different descriptions of the "partial obstruction". Would love to here from someone onboard as to what the obstruction is. Is it just that instead of the usual plexiglass under the railing of the balcony it is metal? A picture would be great.

232323232%7Ffp54433%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D3753729747329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3B6%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D37536%3B7%3A96329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54359%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D375372974%3B329nu0mrj

As promised, here are some photos of the new Alfredo's menus on the Royal.

It has the same ambience as the Alfredo's on the Grand but is quite a lot bigger. We sat at a lovely table for two, looking out at the sea. The service was excellent (as it was everywhere on the Royal).

Julie

Hi Julie...

Thanks for the menu's! :D We've never sailed on the Grand Princess so we aren't familiar with Alfredo's...is there a charge to eat there? We'll be on the Royal Princess in Nov so will definitely try this option!!

Pat :)

If anyone on the ship can post a photo of one of the regular inside cabins, the ones that are in the same direction as the balcony cabins I would appreciate it. In particular, I'd love to see a photo of the desk and TV area.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All

The sea walk, well most folk have been to have a look, some freaked out and refused to walk on it,

others went along it but only at the sides,

some looked ill having looked down, the rest thought it was neat,

interesting, but having been along it why use it again

as to the balcony's. you can not see in, looks glass might be treated just refects,

as to sitting out there,

ones close to it are larger odd shape but in the shade,

as for rest some have a little shading

as for folks looking at you not many folk using it during the day

so not a big issue.

as for quite reading,

club 6 or Sabatinis , vista lounge, ok all have things one at times, but are

also quite at other times

wedding chapel, or if in a suite you have your own lounge,

yours Shogun

Hi Julie...

Thanks for the menu's! :D We've never sailed on the Grand Princess so we aren't familiar with Alfredo's...is there a charge to eat there? We'll be on the Royal Princess in Nov so will definitely try this option!!

Pat :)

No, no charge for Alfredo's :D

Yes, the outlets are normally on the desk. It's just that in balcony cabins on other ships in the Princess fleet the desk is on the same side of the room as the bed so you don't have to have an extension cord laying on the floor. It looks like it's not that way in the deluxe balconies on the Royal.
Hi Craig...

What about the outlets used by the table lamps on either side of the bed? Those tables and lamps are placed depending on bed configuration, perhaps leaving unused outlets. If not, an extension with multiple outlets would allow plugging in the two lamps as well as the CPAP.

Good luck...

Lew

Hi Craig...

What about the outlets used by the table lamps on either side of the bed? Those tables and lamps are placed depending on bed configuration, perhaps leaving unused outlets. If not, an extension with multiple outlets would allow plugging in the two lamps as well as the CPAP.

Good luck...

Lew

Thanks for the thought Lew. We'll check that out. It really seems that Princess has greatly reduced the number of electrical outlets in the cabins. I wonder why?

Craig

Some bathroom pics..

sepasaty.jpg

qeqa3y8e.jpg

e4a8epah.jpg

The bathroom it's self seems smaller def a struggle to get us both in there at the same time!! Although the shower seems to be bigger it seems more rectangular than other ships not sure if this made it feel bigger or if it actually is!!!

So far we have had no problem with noise from the corridor, we do have a double bed now though so were not against the wall.

We have 2 U.S sockets on the desk and one European, also there is one plug either side of the night stand, sorry haven't checked what type they are.

Dave, today has been cold and fairly windy and they have had the seating outside Facets and Crooners, so would expect them to be out all day.

Hi Shogun and Donna, we were sad leaving this morning, my night of no sleep has caught up on me so off to bed shortly, no Bellinis here!

This morning we managed to get a look at M107, the mini over the bridge wings, get the details from Dave, so you can share here. I will try and post a photo of the balcony tomorrow. Dave also asked an engineer about the lift announcements, they are going to add the deck name to the deck number :) I know you will all continue to have a great cruise, very envious can't wait to sail with you all again soon.

Nicky and Gerald, it was lovely to meet you, glad you got to watch the Sailaway, but what a shame there was nothing special for those on board.

I asked at the Passenger Services Desk, and there were apparently 2600 pax on board for the 2 night cruise. The ship felt half empty so f that is the case, I am impressed.

The Pianist at Crooners certainly divided opinion, I heard a lot more against than for, but that could be because those that enjoyed him were in Crooners. Having the Piano located near the railing meant you couldn't escape, if you wanted to stay in the Piazza.

Really looking to your photo of M107 balcony. Thank you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have 2 U.S sockets on the desk and one European, also there is one plug either side of the night stand, sorry haven't checked what type they are.

The last I checked they were the European style. That's why I do the extension cord. Was hoping that they would have put on in between the beds. Oh we'll, have extension cord, will breath. :D

Cheers

Thanks to everyone for posting and the cabin pictures. I do have one of those horizontal inside rooms (R 419) for the maiden TA in October but for one person with the queen set up it should be fine for me. I do have an aft deluxe balcony booked for the TA in Sept. '14 and looking forward to that cabin also.

Julie, the Alfredo's menu looks yummie and one of my favorite places to eat lunch or dinner.

Have a great cruise everyone and thank you for posting.:)

Was there enough room on the shelves to put two folded tops next to each other? (Otherwise it'll take double the number of shelves to hold the same clothes.)

Thanks!

Karen, if not, roll and stack (like towels in a cubby). Easy to see them all and retrieve the one you want.

232323232%7Ffp54433%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D3753729747329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3B6%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D37536%3B7%3A96329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54359%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D375372974%3B329nu0mrj

As promised, here are some photos of the new Alfredo's menus on the Royal.

It has the same ambience as the Alfredo's on the grand but is quite a lot bigger. We sat at a lovely table for two, looking out at the sea. The service was excellent (as it was everywhere on the Royal)

As for the food - I'm afraid we didn't try any of the antipasto, as although I would have loved to, we were just too full!

I had the eggplant and angel hair pasta dish. This was very similar to the Eggplant Parmigana that you get in the MDR, but stuffed with pasta. It was delicious, but quite small and I would have said it was more of an appetiser than an entree (you can always get two!)

DH had the pizza Royal Princess, and professed that too to be excellent.

No room for dessert, but the table next to us had the tiramisu, which looked like a big square version of the one you get in the little glasses in the IC

It's made me hungry just writing this - wish I was still on that boat!!

Julie

Thank you so much for posting this Juakkers!!!

The antipasti menu looks fantastic - I can imagine sitting there will a glass of wine just eating antipasti!!

Are there areas inside and outside that replace the Aft pool or the Wheelhouse Bar? Are there secluded areas on any decks that are comfortable to read and relax without have to pay a premium?

We loved the Aft area in front of the Outrigger Bar, there's a few rattan sofas and chairs where can you sit back, relax, watch the wake and catch a bit of sun. Folks created their own queuing system by shuffling over to the sun on normal chairs and pouncing when people moved on from the sofas.

The remains of my first cocktail....

DSC00914.JPG

This is escaping completely...

DSC01004.JPG

Thank you so much for posting this Juakkers!!!

The antipasti menu looks fantastic - I can imagine sitting there will a glass of wine just eating antipasti!!

It's a pleasure. I can imagine myself there too doing just that, but unfortunately I'm now back at work and it will be next summer before I get the chance :(

Archived