Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

The lack of an aft pool causes me a lot of hesitation to ever book this ship. We are not big fans of MUTS (Movies under the "Sun") since the constant blasting of noise during the day detracts from the ability to relax with some music, read, etc. So on many Princess ships those who want some peace and quiet are normally banished to the aft pool. But alas, this ship has no aft pool which means finding a quiet deck chair just became a more difficult task.

Hank

My understand is the the Retreat Pool is an adult only area and they do not charge you for this area. The cabanas, yes, but not the pool area. Is that correct? :confused: No MUTS noise there. :D

Cheers

My understand is the the Retreat Pool is an adult only area and they do not charge you for this area. The cabanas, yes, but not the pool area. Is that correct? :confused: No MUTS noise there. :D

Cheers

The Retreat is forward of MUTS, so probably not too much noise and, no, I don't believe there is a charge for the pool area.

My understand is the the Retreat Pool is an adult only area and they do not charge you for this area.

What is Princess' definition of "adult" as it pertains to The Sanctuary and Retreat Pool areas? 17? 18? 21? I assume that since the "Youth" activities are for passengers 17 and under that an 18 year old would not be relegated to the kiddie pool and could hang with his/her parents in the Adult areas. Any idea?

You are almost there.

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

Thanks billco!!!

So, I right clicked on the picture and then clicked on "view image info" and then copied that and pasted it into the "insert image". (I have a Mac if that makes a difference). What did I miss that I didn't get a full size picture?

And again, since we keep re-posting that photo, if Shogun or anyone else on the current cruise has the time please look down the aft center to check whether those center balconies extend all the way to the middle or have a dead space between them.

Cheers

it wasn't noisy at all, a lovely area to sit and the cabanas didn't ruin it at all

Thank you for this thread, I noticed the bottles in the shower with shampoo etc are there no longer the small bottle amenities? Thank you!

there was a small tube of lotion in the standard balcony. To be honest it stopped me from hoarding them. I have a cupboard full of hoarded amenities from various hotels :o

To be honest it stopped me from hoarding them. I have a cupboard full of hoarded amenities from various hotels :o

I am guilty of that too. I am finally using them up. The Princess ones always brought me back to my cruise and excited for the next one. :)

Thanks billco!!!

So, I right clicked on the picture and then clicked on "view image info" and then copied that and pasted it into the "insert image". (I have a Mac if that makes a difference). What did I miss that I didn't get a full size picture?

And again, since we keep re-posting that photo, if Shogun or anyone else on the current cruise has the time please look down the aft center to check whether those center balconies extend all the way to the middle or have a dead space between them.

Please check out this thread that deals specifically on how to include pictures in your post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1234944

Out of curiosity (cause I don't recall it from my (nor my friends previous cruises) do the cards change from cruise to cruise? Meaning how do they know that a card is from a previous sailing? Not looking to take advantage of a situation, just hadn't noticed that they changed...

I love those things. I always have one with me when I board the ship (from my previous cruise which may be as long as a year+ ago from a different ship) and have never had a problem using it!!

My wife doesn't like the eucalyptus toiletries & brings her own items...do you know if the body wash, shampoo & lotion are eucalyptus scented?

The shampoo and body wash/shower gel seemed to me to be the same scent as before but the body lotion is no longer eucalyptus scented. It has hardly any scent at all really and is fairly innoffensive. It comes in a tube, not the old style bottle. It was fairly thick and in my opinion much improved from the old stuff.

Cheers

I would think this might help the folks who miss the aft pool for quiet reading. Of course you don't get the wake view but one can't have everything. A quiet retreat for reading and relaxing without MUTS, etc. is important to many.

Hi Carolwdw,

I'm afraid I can't do Dave's arrow thingy, but I hope that the one he did for me will help you, I am on Dolphin, 2 decks directly below you, so where Dave has put my number D429, is exactly where your cabin is.

I am hoping that because we are round from the pointy bit of the hump we should be sheltered from sight of anybody on the seawalk, I have been taking note of all the photos & non have actually shown our balconys. ;)

Ourcabin.jpg

Archived