Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Had a look in m107 on turnaround day. Very large sitting area as you go in, balcony door opposite sofa and opens onto the side of ship. Separate sleeping area but cant remember which way bed faced. Balcony is huge and covers the top if the bridge area and some more, you could have a great venice sailaway party on it. You can certainly use the balcony sailing into and out of port but would probably be too windy when at sea. I did not notice any signs that said you cannot use it when at sea. Pink-belle has some pictures of the cabin and balcony and she might be good enough to post them if I ask her nicely enough.*

Hey Dave

How is "our" cabin , hope you are having a great cruise.

We did the Chefs table on a previous cruise and I would have to say it was one of the best experiences and worth the money (it was $85)

From the moment we toured the galley, had appetizers, dirinks etc then taken to our table set up beautifully to the amazing food,service, cookbook, rose for me, wine paired with each course, two photos, new friends and way to much food! It was a memorable experience and glad I did it.

Although the curtain of light and table look amazing on the Royal I dont think I can justify the price increase for the experience.

To those who have Chef tabled before on other ships to new cruisers wanting the experience it is definitely worth to try once at least!

To great food, wine and company what more could one ask for?

Had a look in m107 on turnaround day. Very large sitting area as you go in, balcony door opposite sofa and opens onto the side of ship. Separate sleeping area but cant remember which way bed faced. Balcony is huge and covers the top if the bridge area and some more, you could have a great venice sailaway party on it. You can certainly use the balcony sailing into and out of port but would probably be too windy when at sea. I did not notice any signs that said you cannot use it when at sea. Pink-belle has some pictures of the cabin and balcony and she might be good enough to post them if I ask her nicely enough.*

This is great info! It sounds like the layout is similar to a full suite? If you had your pick, would you choose L107/108 or M107/108? Does M107/108 seem to be the bigger cabin even though Princess lists L107/108 as being 193 sq. ft. larger? If Pink-belle could post those pictures, that would be amazing! :D

Not sure if this question was answered or not:

Do you know where the Platinum/Elite Cocktail hour is being held on the Royal? On our other cruises it was in Skywalkers. But for our TA on the Emerald it was in Club Fusion (because there were so many P & E passengers).

Another question: I had heard that Wyland was doing a painting on the bottom of the pool - can someone confirm this? I love his work.

Thank you!

Wyland painted a dolphin & her baby in the bottom of the pool on the Ruby. He did paint a mural for the Royal and it is displayed on a wall on one of the upper decks, forgot exactly where but I'm sure someone else knows where it is.

Wyland painted a dolphin & her baby in the bottom of the pool on the Ruby. He did paint a mural for the Royal and it is displayed on a wall on one of the upper decks, forgot exactly where but I'm sure someone else knows where it is.

I am sure it was on the wall by the adults only pool.

Hi AllThe Chefs TableHors D OeuvresLobster Tail on Buckwheat BliniBeef TatareSmoked Duck Breast CarpaccloWinesNicloas Feullatte BrutPouilly Fume Sauvigon BlancDomaine Mollet MaudryTracy Sur Lorie Francisan MagnificantCeviche of Scallop and TunaMango and Drambuie SorbetRoasted Rack of Veal Cognac Flamed CrayfishMille Deullie of Gorgonzola Mousse Sweet Onion CompoteCholalte Dome With Passion fruit Creme Brulee Carmal lava Center Mango SorbetCoffeeHome made MignardsiesExcellant Blend of Tastes colour and smells, Yours Shogun

Now that was a mouthful. :D

We are also in training so we asked the gym instructor on the royal specifically about the time limits. He said they weren't setting any at the minute but would consider it if the gym got too busy. Hopefully the increased number of machines will be enough to compensate for increased number of passengers and they won't need to.

As for the running track, it's a very hard surface- the same as the balconies have without the blue matting. If you are doing lots of miles it would be very hard on the legs. We were a bit disappointed that they hadn't used the spongey/grippy surface that lots of tracks have. It would also be very slippery if it rained.

Thanks so much for the info. Exactly what I was afraid of about the running track. Fortunately, I am doing a half-marathon just before my cruise in October and will be slacking off a bit. I think I learned last year that doing two cruises just before a marathon isn't the best idea.

I didn't mean to imply that I hog the treadmills when there are people waiting to use them. I don't, but I wouldn't want to be told to get off if their were unused treadmills available. I have found the first day or two at sea are the only days where there would be a problem. After that, treadmill use drops quite a bit.

Thanks so much for the info. Exactly what I was afraid of about the running track. Fortunately, I am doing a half-marathon just before my cruise in October and will be slacking off a bit. I think I learned last year that doing two cruises just before a marathon isn't the best idea.

I didn't mean to imply that I hog the treadmills when there are people waiting to use them. I don't, but I wouldn't want to be told to get off if their were unused treadmills available. I have found the first day or two at sea are the only days where there would be a problem. After that, treadmill use drops quite a bit.

It does, doesn't it? :D

I think it was 7 laps of the running track to make a mile so training for a marathon would certainly make you dizzy!
Not really. I tend to zone out. The Diamond and Sapphire used to have a running track that took ten laps per mile. I regularly did 100 laps. I remember meeting a runner who was training for an ultramarathon who did 200 laps every day.

I only get dizzy when I think about it.

Hi All

opps sorry about joined up post, did a nice little menu for you,

but appears just went into one giant word.

Chatted to ship about the chefs table, galley tour is a bit of an issue due

to new lay out but may be in the future, table has a low ceiling so no

flames etc. Met chef on way to meet ship visitors, chatted about chefs

table, the new menu works, the mix of food is great, its developed from

the older stuff the passengers with as much food as possible days.

yours Shogun

Another question: I had heard that Wyland was doing a painting on the bottom of the pool - can someone confirm this? I love his work.

Thank you!

It's at the Retreat Pool, an Adult-Only area, and located on the aft wall of that outdoor space. It looks across the pool towards the Retreat Bar.

9053425766_c9941ce575_c.jpg

I have another question. Just saw a picture of the carpet in the cabin hallways.

There's no more Red or Blue "stripe" on the carpet to let you know Port or Starboard side? That was handy when you came off the elevator (lift) - instead of looking at the sign you just had to look at the carpet and know which side you need to go to.

Easier still: always remember that when you walk out of one of the four standard, non-panoramic lifts, that you will be facing forward toward the bow of the ship. To your left is port, to your right is starboard. You are going to have to remember which side of the ship your cabin in on for starters. Then every time you exit the regular elevators, turn in that direction. Easy peasy. ;)

Hi AllThe Chefs TableHors D OeuvresLobster Tail on Buckwheat BliniBeef TatareSmoked Duck Breast CarpaccloWinesNicloas Feullatte BrutPouilly Fume Sauvigon BlancDomaine Mollet MaudryTracy Sur Lorie Francisan MagnificantCeviche of Scallop and TunaMango and Drambuie SorbetRoasted Rack of Veal Cognac Flamed CrayfishMille Deullie of Gorgonzola Mousse Sweet Onion CompoteCholalte Dome With Passion fruit Creme Brulee Carmal lava Center Mango SorbetCoffeeHome made MignardsiesExcellant Blend of Tastes colour and smells, Yours Shogun

Hopefully I got this right...

The Chef's Table Lumiere

Hors D Oeuvres

- Lobster Tail on Buckwheat Blini

- Beef Tatare

- Smoked Duck Breast

- Carpaccio

Wines

- Nicloas Feullatte Brut

- Pouilly Fume Sauvigon Blanc

- Domaine Mollet Maudry

- Tracy Sur Lorie

- Francisan Magnificant

Main Course Items

- Ceviche of Scallop and Tuna

- Roasted Rack of Veal

- Cognac Flamed Crayfish

Desert or other

- Mango and Drambuie Sorbet

- Mille Feullie of Gorgonzola Mousse

- Sweet Onion Compote

- Cholalte Dome With Passion fruit

- Creme Brulee

- Carmal lava Center

- Mango Sorbet

- Home made Mignardsies

- Excellant Blend of Tastes colour and smells

- Coffee

Wow, I've never been interested in the Chef's table, but Shogun's description of it almost makes me want to try it at least once, lol!!

Pink-belle has some pictures of the cabin and balcony and she might be good enough to post them if I ask her nicely enough.*

This is great info! It sounds like the layout is similar to a full suite? If you had your pick, would you choose L107/108 or M107/108? Does M107/108 seem to be the bigger cabin even though Princess lists L107/108 as being 193 sq. ft. larger? If Pink-belle could post those pictures, that would be amazing!

Yes, yes, please!!! :) I will be a friend for life if we could get those pictures posted!

It's at the Retreat Pool, an Adult-Only area, and located on the aft wall of that outdoor space. It looks across the pool towards the Retreat Bar.
Thank you for the picture! It is beautiful!!

I was just on the Ruby in April. I guess I never made it to the pool area to see it. Then again, I didn't know it was there. :o

The Chef's Table Lumiere

Hors D Oeuvres

- Beef Tatare

- Smoked Duck Breast

- Carpaccio

Wines

- Nicloas Feullatte Brut

- Domaine Mollet Maudry

- Tracy Sur Lorie

- Francisan Magnificant

Main Course Items

- Roasted Rack of Veal

- Cognac Flamed Crayfish

Desert or other

- Sweet Onion Compote

- Creme Brulee

- Carmal lava Center

- Mango Sorbet

- Home made Mignardsies

- Coffee

You never cease to amaze, Dave! :)

The Chef's Table Lumiere

Hors D Oeuvres

- Beef Tatare

- Smoked Duck Breast

- Carpaccio

Wines

- Nicloas Feullatte Brut

- Domaine Mollet Maudry

- Tracy Sur Lorie

- Francisan Magnificant

Main Course Items

- Roasted Rack of Veal

- Cognac Flamed Crayfish

Desert or other

- Sweet Onion Compote

- Creme Brulee

- Carmal lava Center

- Mango Sorbet

- Home made Mignardsies

- Coffee

Looks like there's no chef's table in my future. Only things I would have from the above is the lobster tail, sauvignon blanc and coffee. Look at all the money I just saved! :D

Looks like there's no chef's table in my future. Only things I would have from the above is the lobster tail, sauvignon blanc and coffee. Look at all the money I just saved! :D

My other half hates fish and seafood and I don't really fancy going on my own although it appears delicious so it's a huge saving for me too!:D

Ditto!! Except I like Creme Brulee...so I saved calories too :)

I guess I will never be a foodie. I don't understand why you would pay a chef top dollar to chop up dead cows/fish/etc and they don't even have to cook it for you.

Is the Chef's Table Lumiere a set menu every night on every cruise? Or will it change out in a few months? Since it is held every night on Royal Princess could they have other items later on, sort of like how 150 Central Park on Allure of the Seas has one menu for half the week, then another completely different menu for the other half of the week?

:D

Archived