Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

what a great idea! I am going to do this on my next voyage as the closet always ends up being a total mess after day two

I roll when I pack for a cruise as well. Especially with all the luggage rules when flying.Then they are already rolled for the shelves.

I will also hang quite a bit then shirts with straps I just hang multiples by the strap around the clothes hanger.

Great photos from the area aft of the Horizon Court. If you have any more photos of that area I would love to see them. Little has been shown of that area so far.:)

Thanks Benny - not many more pics but dug out what we had...

The flagpole

IMG_0183.JPG

Looking at the balconies below

IMG_0165.JPG

The wake..

DSC00966.JPG

The owner of the leg in the previous set of pics

DSC00967.JPG

Hi all

The aft 'premium' balconies are the same size as the old caribe ones. We stood and looked down on one when we were at the horizon terrace. If you get one on deck 15 marina it is fully overlooked, but we could only see half of the one on deck 14 riviera and none of the ones below. 2 chairs and one of the 'large' tables not the tiny coffee table thing we have. Haven't seen the inside.

Julie

Now that's nice info to have. I'm sure a lot of folks will be pleased to find that there are some larger balconies available.

I roll when I pack for a cruise as well. Especially with all the luggage rules when flying.Then they are already rolled for the shelves.

I will also hang quite a bit then shirts with straps I just hang multiples by the strap around the clothes hanger.

\

Gracie, good for you. I keep hubby's white shirts in the plastic wrap from the cleaners, stick a tie inside with dark socks. Then on formal night, we just open the shirt, hang everything with the dress pants and put the socks in the shoes.:cool: I also bring the white wire hangers that come from the drycleaners for shirts, tops, etc. Last year on the Sapphire there were plenty of hangers.:D

So even tho it sounds nick picky, can anyone tell me how is the hanger situation? Thanks:)

\

Gracie, good for you. I keep hubby's white shirts in the plastic wrap from the cleaners, stick a tie inside with dark socks. Then on formal night, we just open the shirt, hang everything with the dress pants and put the socks in the shoes.:cool: I also bring the white wire hangers that come from the drycleaners for shirts, tops, etc. Last year on the Sapphire there were plenty of hangers.:D

So even tho it sounds nick picky, can anyone tell me how is the hanger situation? Thanks:)

Seemed to me there were about the same number as usual. Mixture of plain hangers and the ones with the metal grips on

Karen, if not, roll and stack (like towels in a cubby). Easy to see them all and retrieve the one you want.

Thanks Jeannie!

What a good idea. This is one of those "I can't believe someone had to tell me that " things! :D

Some bathroom pics..

The bathroom it's self seems smaller def a struggle to get us both in there at the same time!! Although the shower seems to be bigger it seems more rectangular than other ships not sure if this made it feel bigger or if it actually is!!!

So far we have had no problem with noise from the corridor, we do have a double bed now though so were not against the wall.

We have 2 U.S sockets on the desk and one European, also there is one plug either side of the night stand, sorry haven't checked what type they are.

Hi FlynnRider78, thank you soo much of your pics. DH and I are in a horizontal on the Regal in 2015 which is to be just like the Royal.

Would you mind telling which floor you are on? Also could you show a pic of where the bathroom door is in respect to the rest of the closet area? Is there a full length mirror?

You also answered my question if the shower had doors or a curtain......layout online looks sorta like doors....no biggie. But love that nice shower head DH is taller and will love that he can adjust it.

I am enjoying all the posts and taking notes for when we sail in 2015 on the Regal. :D

Some bathroom pics..

qeqa3y8e.jpg

The bathroom it's self seems smaller def a struggle to get us both in there at the same time!! Although the shower seems to be bigger it seems more rectangular than other ships not sure if this made it feel bigger or if it actually is!!!

So far we have had no problem with noise from the corridor, we do have a double bed now though so were not against the wall.

We have 2 U.S sockets on the desk and one European, also there is one plug either side of the night stand, sorry haven't checked what type they are.

Dave, today has been cold and fairly windy and they have had the seating outside Facets and Crooners, so would expect them to be out all day.

For all those with CPAP machines (we don't use one but SO MANY people seem to!!) - I hope this is accurate.

I envisioned LOTS of middle of the night accidents tripping over extension cords from the desk.

That small shelf in the shower looks FABULOUS!!!

Not only for women to shave their legs but it looks like a small bottle of shampoo or conditioner would fit on there, also. :D

That small shelf in the shower looks FABULOUS!!!

Not only for women to shave their legs but it looks like a small bottle of shampoo or conditioner would fit on there, also. :D

Pia I hope you see this, everyone is trying to get in on the shelf action!!LOL

Was there enough room on the shelves to put two folded tops next to each other? (Otherwise it'll take double the number of shelves to hold the same clothes.)

Thanks!

Karen. It was a good bit narrower than the usual grand class ones. So I would say no you couldn't. You Just need to bring less stuff! Lol.

Was there enough room on the shelves to put two folded tops next to each other? (Otherwise it'll take double the number of shelves to hold the same clothes.)

Thanks!

Karen. It was a good bit narrower than the usual grand class ones. So I would say no you couldn't. You Just need to bring less stuff! Lol.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance! :D :p

I know I'm in the minortiy here but how is the picture quality on the new HD MUTS? Did they play Blu-ray or DVD movies? Was the picture better on the new TV's in the state rooms? Anything is better than what I saw on the Golden.

Some bathroom pics..

qeqa3y8e.jpg

Dave, today has been cold and fairly windy and they have had the seating outside Facets and Crooners, so would expect them to be out all day.

Pia I hope you see this, everyone is trying to get in on the shelf action!!LOL

Gracie

I think the "shelf" we are all challenged to get a foot on is the one with the round metal rod in front that is 3/4 of the way up the wall directly under the shower head. ;)

(In the very first picture of the shower (posted last week) the person who posted it referenced a shelf to put your foot on but didn't show that lower one that's in the new picture. The we all got silly talking about doing contortions to get a foot on the higher one.)

I was actually curious about the new "shelf" because Celebrity has a bar in their showers also for this purpose but in our cabin it was directly under the shower head so it was impossible to use it because the water immediately washed off any shaving gel before you could shave.)

The last I checked they were the European style. That's why I do the extension cord. Was hoping that they would have put on in between the beds. Oh we'll, have extension cord, will breath. :D

Cheers

Something to consider regarding CPAP machines is they are typically dual voltage. If your CPAP is indeed dual voltage, you could take a plug adapter and use the outlets by the night stands. An adapter vs. 20-30' extension cord would be easier to pack. Just check your machine to be sure. My Philips Repironic REMstar Plus has the dual voltage. Mine shows 100-240v.

Joel

474180534_CPAP100-240v.jpg.38e29e815210f6f1d8de9d6bb8c9283c.jpg

Gracie

I think the "shelf" we are all challenged to get a foot on is the one with the round metal rod in front that is 3/4 of the way up the wall directly under the shower head. ;)

(In the very first picture of the shower (posted last week) the person who posted it referenced a shelf to put your foot on but didn't show that lower one that's in the new picture. The we all got silly talking about doing contortions to get a foot on the higher one.)

I was actually curious about the new "shelf" because Celebrity has a bar in their showers also for this purpose but in our cabin it was directly under the shower head so it was impossible to use it because the water immediately washed off any shaving gel before you could shave.)

To me, the shelf in the photo appears all the way across so you can place your left out of the direct stream of water.

To me, the shelf in the photo appears all the way across so you can place your left out of the direct stream of water.

Yes, we finally get to see it. Like Chamima has said we were getting silly about another picture last week. The poster made it sound like how this looks but the picture didn't show the shelf so we all got to joking. Now that we see it we won't have to be as flexible as we first thought!!LOL

Things I probably won't care for on Royal Princess:

1. Small balconies

2. No "real" Promenade deck

3. No midship staircase above deck 7

Something I definitely KNOW I don't like about Royal Princess:

I'm not on her and cruising...

But once they are above the Piazza, what do you see? Are they only panaramic for those 3 decks?

I usually travel on Royal Caribbean, and their elevator banks are facing open atriums, so you see views all the way up and down.

Princess designs their ships for "small ship feel" meaning that most of their public spaces are intentionally more intimate than other cruise lines (with their 10 or 15 deck atriums, and 2 or 3 deck high dining rooms). I believe this design quality is what frequently makes it feel like the ship is half empty when, in fact, it's full (obviously, not always the case, LOL).

If I remember correctly, their panoramic lifts have some decorative features inside the upper elevator shafts. I seem to remember bright colored tubes of water with air bubbling up in them......... But maybe I just had too much to drink, LOL. :D

Things I probably won't care for on Royal Princess:

1. Small balconies

2. No "real" Promenade deck

3. No midship staircase above deck 7

Something I definitely KNOW I don't like about Royal Princess:

I'm not on her and cruising...

Totally Agree :D

We appreciate all of you who have taken time out of your cruise on the Royal to post descriptions and photos of different parts of the ship. One of our burning questions is--where do they have Daily Trivia? On the P. ships we've been on, it's usually held in Explorers, but now that's gone. So where, oh where, do they have it? Certainly Princess Live! that occupies that space wouldn't work.

We don't have plans yet to sail on the Royal or Regal because we're upset they did away with ocean view cabins. I like a balcony, but my DH doesn't care and the OV cabins on the other ships were at the price point we like to pay. Don't like inside cabins and the price they're charging for the "half-balcony" ;) cabins don't seem worth it.

In studying all the photos of cabins, I would guesstimate they're perhaps 6-12" narrower than those on the older ships. There seems to be less space between the wall and the ends of the bed, people say the doors are narrower, things looked cramped in the sitting areas with a table, etc. Hopefully someone will take a tape measure on an upcoming cruise so we'll know for sure. :p

Thanks Benny - not many more pics but dug out what we had...

The owner of the leg in the previous set of pics

DSC00967.JPG

Well thank goodness the leg has an owner, I was a bit worried there. :p

Thanks for the extra photos, I can see that area being quite popular. :)

Yes, we finally get to see it. Like Chamima has said we were getting silly about another picture last week. The poster made it sound like how this looks but the picture didn't show the shelf so we all got to joking. Now that we see it we won't have to be as flexible as we first thought!!LOL

I was one of the silly ones last week! I'm traveling on her next April, so I may attempt the "split" maneuver and see where it takes me!!!!

Archived