Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

OK, there seem to be several negative threads going about The Royal Princess. I'm sure many are like me and are optimistic about The Royal Princess. So, lets start a thread with just positive features, amenities, dining etc. Whether you have sailed her or you have a sailing coming up please say something positive you are excited about!! There are a number of threads already for negative comments so lets keep this one fun & happy!!!

For me I am excited about so many dining options. I can't wait to have all the choices!! I'm sure there will be some great new options and maybe some I don't like but all in all there will be so many choices you won't go hungry for sure!!LOL

I think that the interior design of the ship is absolutely stunning and beautiful. I cannot wait to step into the Piazza to be wowed.

The food options are incredible and I'm excited to try the various options including the Horizon Court which I usually avoid on other ships.

I'm also looking forward to the Retreat pool, it looks so nice and with so many loungers including many in the shade.

For me, the positives far outweigh the few negatives.

Gracie, don't let the negative posts get you down about the ship.

Edited by TorontoTL

I'm also looking forward to the dining options.

Also, the curtain in the mini suites...such a small thing, but so important for two people who are not a couple and are pretty opposite in being morning/night people, lol.

I love that the shampoo/conditioner are in larger containers installed in the showers, again a small thing, but really is a lot more convenient for me.

Gelato...'nuf said. :D

Something different to explore. I love all the ships I've sailed on, and I'm loving all the differences...

I also like that they have more tables for two in the dining rooms.

There are many, many others as well.

I think that the interior design of the ship is absolutely stunning and beautiful. I cannot wait to step into the Piazza to be wowed.

The food options are incredible and I'm excited to try the various options including the Horizon Court which I usually avoid on other ships.

I'm also looking forward to the Retreat pool, it looks so nice and with so many loungers including many in the shade.

For me, the positives far outweigh the few negatives.

Gracie, don't let the negative posts get you down about the ship.

Toronto, there is now way the negatives could get me down. I am just afraid they will others with all the negative threads and posts going. I am super excited for November 17th to get here.

I too am excited about The Retreat Pool!!

I'm also looking forward to the dining options.

Also, the curtain in the mini suites...such a small thing, but so important for two people who are not a couple and are pretty opposite in being morning/night people, lol.

I love that the shampoo/conditioner are in larger containers installed in the showers, again a small thing, but really is a lot more convenient for me.

Gelato...'nuf said. :D

Something different to explore. I love all the ships I've sailed on, and I'm loving all the differences...

I also like that they have more tables for two in the dining rooms.

There are many, many others as well.

Ditto to everything you said and especially The Gelato!!

We dined in the Symphony restaurant last Wednesday and I thought it was by far the best MDR I've been in.

The Piazza really gives you the "wow" back which we haven't had on a ship for a very long time.

The Lido decks especially the Retreat area are amazing and The Sea Walk bar would be where I would go every 5 pm for a beer or three!

We are sailing the Royal in November and at first found the smaller balconies a real negative After thinking about it, a smaller balcony is better than no balcony at all:D:D.......there is a positive side to everything!

LOL by your screen name I think even a not so good cruise will still be ok with you. How much space do you actually take up on the balcony anyway??

LOL by your screen name I think even a not so good cruise will still be ok with you. How much space do you actually take up on the balcony anyway??

You got that right....never had a bad cruise....some have been much better than others but always enjoyed them all.

Talk about the size of balconies, remember our first cruise was on the Sea Princess with their "cutout" balconies......not that was small but to us it was the greatest thing going:D:D

You got that right....never had a bad cruise....some have been much better than others but always enjoyed them all.

Talk about the size of balconies, remember our first cruise was on the Sea Princess with their "cutout" balconies......not that was small but to us it was the greatest thing going:D:D

My first cruise was on The Fantasy with 4 women in a inside cabin, if I can make that work a smaller balcony isn't a big deal!! If it was the four of us again on this ship I guess we would just all have to turn sideways!!!LOL

I'm guessing that I'll be spending a lot of time in the Piazza people watching. It just looks so incredible to me.

I just noticed you were on the Crown the week before I was last year. Ours is the sailing that returned due to the noro outbreak but I think there were more sick passengers on your sailing. Did you escape the wrath?

I think I am looking at your sail dates correctly. Ours was 2/3/12.

Edited by gracie65

Hi Gracie.........great thread to start and makes a lot of sense. The one new thing on the Royal that has me very excited, (now don't laugh) but it is the hand held shower head. Every Princess cruise I have been on I missed that terribly and even tried bringing my own (which didn't work) but I was thrilled to hear they will be on this lovely ship. Also excited about the Bellini Bar, the big new HC and just being on a brand new ship. Come on Oct. 9th.....I just can't wait. Also, got upgraded to one of those mini suites under the seaview bar which is slanted. Really curious to find out what it will be like.

Judy from SW Florida

Hi Gracie.........great thread to start and makes a lot of sense. The one new thing on the Royal that has me very excited, (now don't laugh) but it is the hand held shower head. Every Princess cruise I have been on I missed that terribly and even tried bringing my own (which didn't work) but I was thrilled to hear they will be on this lovely ship. Also excited about the Bellini Bar, the big new HC and just being on a brand new ship. Come on Oct. 9th.....I just can't wait. Also, got upgraded to one of those mini suites under the seaview bar which is slanted. Really curious to find out what it will be like.

Judy from SW Florida

Judy that is too funny about the shower thingy. I get aggravated with it because DH is 6"2 it likes to take it out and I like to leave it where it is (this is starting to sound like something else besides a shower thingy) I always fuss at him because he takes it out and then it never goes back like it should have then falls off and hits my big toe!!

But the Bellini positive I can certainly relate too!!

I just noticed you were on the Crown the week before I was last year. Ours is the sailing that returned due to the noro outbreak but I think there were more sick passengers on your sailing. Did you escape the wrath?

I think I am looking at your sail dates correctly. Ours was 2/3/12.

OMG we were almost on the Crown together. :D

I didn't get norovirus, but my partner did, he was ill on the Grand the following week. I am a fastidious hand washer.

Despite the illness, we still have a wonderful time on both ships.

Gracie,

I'm sorry, but there are a lot of negatives for me on the new Royal and I have sure posted my opinions on them on the other threads.

But, I am still keeping my bookings for the two Royal cruises this Fall.

I did cancel a TA on the Royal next April in favor of the TA on the Emerald, it was more because airfare from Copenhagen looks a lot more than from Heathrow.

Still there are a lot of positives for me on the Royal and I will stick to those on your thread.

I am looking forward to the gym. Everything I have seen so far looks great. Lots of treadmills, ellipticals, free weights and machines. It's all good. Also excited that they will have TRX classes.

After seeing more photos of the jogging/walking track, I have changed my thoughts and think it is wide enough for joggers and walkers to co-exist.

The outdoor stations look interesting. I hope they have some signs on how to use them.

We have a deluxe stateroom and I am sure we will enjoy the couch. Also a big flat screen tv with the on demand technology. I'm another who likes the new shower heads.

The expanded Alfredos will be a big hit with us being bigger with more menu options.

The Horizon Court has to be a big improvement. I think having a washstand at the entrance is a good idea.

We are also people watchers and there will definitely be more opportunities.

Also more seating for MUTS.

I think the areas that are available on the Promenade Deck will be interesting.

OMG we were almost on the Crown together. :D

I didn't get norovirus, but my partner did, he was ill on the Grand the following week. I am a fastidious hand washer.

Despite the illness, we still have a wonderful time on both ships.

We might have seen each other in passing had we not be delayed boarding till almost 6:00pm. Did Princess give your sailing any credits etc.?

I too wash my hands and I spray and wipe down everything as soon as I get in the cabin but as fate would have it I got locked in the bathroom!! I didn't even lock the door. Once maintenance finally got me out (2 hours later) they said the screw in the door became loose and when I closed the door it fell and jammed the lock. I totally missed the muster drill!! I was bordering with claustrophobia and when I got out was so glad I forgot to do all my spraying and wiping down. Most of the time in the bathroom I head my head down on the sink which maybe how I got it. Mine lasted about 24 hours. People were getting sick everywhere on our sailing. Oh well brings me to another positive my future cruise credit from that sailing allowed us to get a mini-suite for Royal sailing!!

When are you sailing her?

OK, there seem to be several negative threads going about The Royal Princess. I'm sure many are like me and are optimistic about The Royal Princess. So, lets start a thread with just positive features, amenities, dining etc. Whether you have sailed her or you have a sailing coming up please say something positive you are excited about!! There are a number of threads already for negative comments so lets keep this one fun & happy!!!

I've not been impressed with the ship since I saw the first exterior renderings. That said, I do like the design and finish - it's too bad that they put all the impressive interior and exterior design into a poorly designed ship.

I'm looking forward to being on the ship, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, exploring places I haven't been to before, enjoying the Piazza and the IC, trying the new dining options, checking out the Retreat pool area, etc. If there are lemons, I'll make lemonade. It won't be perfect but then no ship or cruise is.

Gracie, thanks for starting this. We have a deluxe balcony aft. I am happy to have any cabin onboard this lovely ship. I don't care if it is

covered or not. There are two of us and we will enjoy sitting there, having a glass of wine, etc.

Like you, as long as hubby leaves the shower head where it belongs, I will be fine. :D

I am looking forward to the new venues, such as the bbq, bigger Alfredos, Seaview Bar, PASTRY SHOPPE and the favorites of mine, Crown Grille, Vines, Crooners, IC(did someone say gelato:cool: If I keep with tradition, my first Dining Room meal will be Fettuccini Alfredo;)

I am looking forward to spending time with our friends that we are travelling with and meeting new cruisers.:)

There is nothing better than cruising with friends.

Well, IMHO, the ship looks wonderful. There may be things that I will not agree with or shake my head and wonder why? We love cruising and always take the bad with the good. We are getting more excited as the days go by to be on the Royal. I will reserve all negative judgments until after disembark. Till then, happy thoughts!!

Bill & Kathi

I'm looking forward to being on the ship, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, exploring places I haven't been to before, enjoying the Piazza and the IC, trying the new dining options, checking out the Retreat pool area, etc. If there are lemons, I'll make lemonade. It won't be perfect but then no ship or cruise is.

Well said Pam! And I hope that those that are threatening to cancel because they are upset with one or more aspects of the Royal go ahead and do so and rebook on a ship they are already familiar with. Starting off with such a negative attitude doesn't bode well for an enjoyable cruise. Alternatively, I've always found that a positive attitude can overcome many inconveniences and obstacles.