Golden Princess Menus and Food Pics - Uploaded!

LadyBesu

Hi everyone!

First of all, Cruise Critic was a fabulous resource as we prepared for our cruise. Thank you!

We took the Golden Princess cruise to Alaska from June 2-9, 2013. I took pictures of most of the menus and most of the food we ate on board. I uploaded these to a public site, so I hope the pictures come in handy for those cruising on the Golden or other Princess ships in the near future:

http://goldenprincessjune2013.shutterfly.com/

Excellent info and pictures. Especially appreciated the comments on each picture. You've inspired me to try some items I have avoided because I didn't quite know what they were actually going to be.

Thanks a million.

Hi everyone!

First of all, Cruise Critic was a fabulous resource as we prepared for our cruise. Thank you!

We took the Golden Princess cruise to Alaska from June 2-9, 2013. I took pictures of most of the menus and most of the food we ate on board. I uploaded these to a public site, so I hope the pictures come in handy for those cruising on the Golden or other Princess ships in the near future:

I should know better than to look at these pictures, an hour before lunch (while at work)! Shame on me! :) Couldn't resist, being the Foodie that I am...

Your pictures were great and I enjoyed reading your commentary on them all! Thanks so much for taking the time to post and report!

We are going on the Island b2b to Alaska from Vancouver this Monday.

Does anyone know if the menus are the same? I know that they can vary from ship to ship.

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I haven't found the menus to change a great deal. One or two nights might be a bit different but that is all. We change it up by going to either the Italian or steak restaurants at times. Sometimes we stay with the main dining room for the whole cruise.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, Lady Besu. I loved looking at the food.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of the pictures and menus! We are sailing on the Golden June 30th. We were on the Golden in 2008 for this same trip and the Island in 2009 sailing from Whittier. I am so looking forward to the trip again. Such beautiful country! I do not remember them doing the pub lunch at the Crown Grill. They could have and I just missed it. Was there a charge for that? Again, thanks for all of your pictures and commentary if the items.

Jan

We are going on the Island b2b to Alaska from Vancouver this Monday.

Does anyone know if the menus are the same? I know that they can vary from ship to ship.

Thanks!

Do you have to get off to start the new cruise? Also did you book the same room for both cruises so you can leave everything in place?

Mimi

Do you have to get off to start the new cruise? Also did you book the same room for both cruises so you can leave everything in place?

Mimi

No, not at all. For us, it's just another port of call. You can get off or stay onboard. Your cabin is the same cabin for the entire cruise. If I remember correctly, you might need to get a new room card with the imbedded pic for the second leg of the trip. They are extremely organized and will let you know if, how and where should that be the case.

We did this cruise last year as well. You will love it!

No, not at all. For us, it's just another port of call. You can get off or stay onboard. Your cabin is the same cabin for the entire cruise. If I remember correctly, you might need to get a new room card with the imbedded pic for the second leg of the trip. They are extremely organized and will let you know if, how and where should that be the case.

We did this cruise last year as well. You will love it!

I appreciate your quick response. We are looking at July dates for 2014 doing a B2B. This helps thanks.

Mimi

Thanks so much for posting the menus and food photos. We are anticipating our first Princess cruise in December and it is fun to see what we have to look forward to!

I am only part way through the photos, but just have to comment on the photo of the pool temperatures!! At 262.4 degress that would be above the boiling point!! :eek: I guess no one could complain that they weren't warm enough! ;)

It makes me wonder what the hot tub temps must have been. <grin>

I'm so glad that the pictures are helping people! And amusing them, in the case of those pool temperature pics (those still crack me up).

There's no charge at all for the pub lunch at the Crown Grill. It's mentioned in the patter but otherwise you wouldn't know about it unless you walk by. My husband LOVED their fish and chips; I just ate the desserts! The pub lunch happened on each sea day.

• 1 month later...

I am just looking at this now. Thanks for all the pictures and menus. Are they pretty much the same fleet-wide? We are going on our first Princess cruise in January, and really looking forward to it.

Archived