Hello from Veendam heading to Quebec:)

shrimp56

We've been so busy and having so much fun there has been no time to post even a "semi-live." We're on the tail end of the June 15 Veendam 7 day Boston to Quebec.

Thanks to Cruisin_Kay_D we have a small, but mighty band of cruise critic members that started the party in Boston the evening before we sailed and continued it every day at 4pm for Happy Hour in The Crows Nest. Hub and I have met some great people and enjoyed the Veendam very much. I'll post a report on my return with some of the details and an evaluation of HAL and the ship. Until then....

Thank you all for your kind posts. It's been a relaxing cruise with some very friendly and welcoming ports. 'dam they're nice up here. Hilarity continues at Happy Hour. My best quick recommendation is do The Pinnacle at lunch. Food is exquisite, service gracious. We also enjoyed Canaletto two evenings. Food very good, but the attentive service and quiet is a welcome respite from MDR or Lido. In our view both are worth the extra $10. per person. We bought the laundry package and what a good idea. Next time we're just brining one change of everything LOL (not quite, but you get the idea) Quebec awaits and then another night on the Veendam before disembarking.

The current captain is Pieter Bos. He just rotated on so I guess he'll be here for his 3 months. We had him on the Volendam last summer in Alaska and loved him. He is a rock star:)

The current captain is Pieter Bos. He just rotated on so I guess he'll be here for his 3 months. We had him on the Volendam last summer in Alaska and loved him. He is a rock star:)

Thank you for your reply.

We too have sailed on the Volendam when was the Captain.

He is really great.

Archived