Crew on riviera

loubylou

Am I the only person who really does not mind who the crew are.

As long as the Captain can drive the boat to the right place we just get on with things.

I have no life !

Brian

You are not alone ;)

Lyn

As long as the Captain can drive the boat to the right place we just get on with things.

I have no life !

Brian

I feel the same way, so join you in your club. If I do not enjoy a CD, I don't remember their name, but if I like the CD I remember them. The Captain is there in my books to keep the ship safe and get me to my destination. Yes, you do have a life. You are probably in the majority with passengers who really do not mind who the crew are.

For those interested, Marina and Riviera have three GM's, Thierry Tholon, Damien Lacroix and Dominique; each does 8 months on and 4 months off.

Thierry is on Riviera and Damien is on Marina, two 4 month contracts each year. Dominique replaces both when they have their two month holidays; he rotates between both ships.

Hi!

This Sept. we will sail on our 16th Oceania cruise. We do feel like family! You will love sailing on the Riviera. It is a beautiful ship! The specialty restaurants are fantastic!

Your GM, Thierry, your Captain, Manzi and Leslie John, your Cruise Director are excellent. I also hope Natalie, the Social Hostess will be aboard. She is so sweet and funny. Also try to attend the production shows. We have been on Riviera twice and we loved these shows.

Which itinerary are you sailing, Loubylou?

Rhea

Ain't that the truth

Hi, Rhea,

Any chance you are on next year's TA from Barcelona to Miami? We met you in March on the Riviera. It was a pleasure to meet you. Mary (the other half of Warburg.)

Hi!

I remember meeting both you and your wife at the Meet and Greet.

We are not on your TA. However, we have 5 Riviera cruises booked-Sept. 7th, Dec. 11th, March 4th, July 5 and July 19th. The July 19th will be our 20th Oceania cruise and it will be other free cruise. Hope both you and Mary are well. Do you have any other cruises booked?

Rhea

P.S. Dominique is currently on the Marina. He is an excellent GM. We have had dinner with him on several cruises and spent many tea times with .him

Just heard the following changes to our Cruise

Captain Stevie Wonder

Navigator Jose Feliciano

Food Director Dr Crippen

Just a joke.........

Bria

I just hope the bar tender is not Ray Charles....Need my Tanqueray.....

Hi!

This Sept. we will sail on our 16th Oceania cruise. We do feel like family! You will love sailing on the Riviera. It is a beautiful ship! The specialty restaurants are fantastic!

Your GM, Thierry, your Captain, Manzi and Leslie John, your Cruise Director are excellent. I also hope Natalie, the Social Hostess will be aboard. She is so sweet and funny. Also try to attend the production shows. We have been on Riviera twice and we loved these shows.

Which itinerary are you sailing, Loubylou?

Rhea

My first Oceania cruise will be on the Riviera in July. Our General Manager will be Thierry Tholon and Captain will be Luca Manzi. Great to hear positive comments regarding both. I always say a great ship is run from the top and spirals down the ladder to the wonderful crew serving us everyday.

A good Cruise Director is also important as they are perceived as the fun makers of the cruise. I thought The Cruise Directors on Silversea became quite stuffy, and we noticed the difference from a good cruise director to one, lets say, isn't as enjoyable.

Thank you for helping us prep for our cruise everyone!

I always say a great ship is run from the top and spirals down the ladder to the wonderful crew serving us everyday.

A good Cruise Director is also important as they are perceived as the fun makers of the cruise.

I fully agree and never fail to be impressed by the high level of professionalism, helpfullness and friendliness of Oceania's staff. Enjoy your cruise.

My first Oceania cruise will be on the Riviera in July. Our General Manager will be Thierry Tholon and Captain will be Luca Manzi. Great to hear positive comments regarding both. I always say a great ship is run from the top and spirals down the ladder to the wonderful crew serving us everyday.

A good Cruise Director is also important as they are perceived as the fun makers of the cruise. I thought The Cruise Directors on Silversea became quite stuffy, and we noticed the difference from a good cruise director to one, lets say, isn't as enjoyable.

Our first Oceania cruise was on the Riviera in late April/early June. Thierry Tholon was the General Manager -- he is one of the most personable and professional GM's we have met. Agree with you that a great ship is run from the top down which is why so many people ask who the officers of the ship will be on a particular cruise. It would be difficult to exceed the service that we had onboard the Riviera!

Happy sailing.

I have no life !

Brian

I agree. The only place I care to see the Captain is at the helm. There are some cruise directors better than others but there has never been one I disliked or where it made a difference.

Our first Oceania cruise was on the Riviera in late April/early June. Thierry Tholon was the General Manager -- he is one of the most personable and professional GM's we have met. Agree with you that a great ship is run from the top down which is why so many people ask who the officers of the ship will be on a particular cruise. It would be difficult to exceed the service that we had onboard the Riviera!

Happy sailing.

Hi Travelcat2,

I agree with you about Thierry. We were on the same cruise as you and, like you, were honored to have had dinner with him one night. This was our first time to have dinner with an officer and I was very excited, but yet nervous. We had a great time! Thierry was professional, but yet very warm and genuine. We also love David and Natalie. David was the CD on our first O cruise, too. We enjoyed his humor at Trivia in the afternoon. Personally, Oceania fits our criteria for a great cruise: friendliness, great food, excellent service, very few children, very limited smoking, informal dress code, no photographers, excellent beds)

Judy & John

We have cruised with them often and you will not be disappointed. They are charming and professional and will greatly add to your overall experience on board. Frankly the entire staff is quite special, not just these two gentlemen. Oceania has a way of attracting the best of the best. Those who are not, simply don't stay and go to lesser companies. Enjoy!

I have no life !

Brian

Some captains have a better track record for getting into port on time rather than missing port.

Some Hotel Managers do an excellent job with staff, others not so much.

Further some CDs are horrific while others are great. If I were booking a long cruise I'd hate to get stuck with bad staff.

I have my first Oceania cruise in August on Nautica - we have Igor Bencina as captain, Carlo Gunetti as GM and Dottie Drake as CD - any comments ?

Dottie is off sick so you will get a different CD

I have been advised that Nolan will be our CD on Nautica in July. We've sailed with him before. He's delightful.

Wellllll.............ok, as far as CDs go.

Archived