Barbados Port on a Sunday?

CuriousC

Most of the shops in the downtown will be closed.

The terminal shops will be open as will the stalls and vendors outside the terminal.

Sounds like a good day to go to the beach or get a day pass at one of the hotels.

The reality about the Caribbean is that most vacationers go to the islands for sun and sand.....and Barbados has plenty of both. The beaches and sea are open on Sundays :). Friends of ours just returned from their first cruise (Caribbean on RCI) and were not happy cruisers. Why? One of them hates the sun and the other hates the water (she does not swim).

Hank

The reality about the Caribbean is that most vacationers go to the islands for sun and sand.....and Barbados has plenty of both. The beaches and sea are open on Sundays :). Friends of ours just returned from their first cruise (Caribbean on RCI) and were not happy cruisers. Why? One of them hates the sun and the other hates the water (she does not swim).

Hank

I can't swim either, but until I developed mobility issues, we used to often go to the beaches to relax a few hours. And even walk along the water's edge.

Hank

Gee, cruising sounds like just the perfect vacation for them - NOT!:D

We take a cab over to the Lobster Alive beachfront restaurant. For $12.00 total we got two lounge chairs, a huge umbrella and three rum punch drink coupons. The drinks were very potent. Inexpensive beers and a very nice beach in an uncrowded atmosphere.

This was over a year ago so prices may have changed. I believe Lobster Alive can be found on Facebook and Youtube.

Since the many shops in the terminal building are open on Sunday, it's still possible to shop.

Those who don't like beach/water activities might consider an island tour or something like that.

My aunt use to love the "Photo - Oft" tours. She didn't even have a camera ... just loved doing them because they always took her to such lovely places. :D

LuLu

~~~~

We take a cab over to the Lobster Alive beachfront restaurant. For $12.00 total we got two lounge chairs, a huge umbrella and three rum punch drink coupons. The drinks were very potent. Inexpensive beers and a very nice beach in an uncrowded atmosphere.

This was over a year ago so prices may have changed. I believe Lobster Alive can be found on Facebook and Youtube.

How long a taxi ride?

Is it easy to get a taxi to return to the ship when ready to leave?

How long a taxi ride?

It's not far at all! Know you've take a taxi from the terminal into town at some time. It's 5 minutes more at the most. Very close!

Lobster Alive is next to Boatyard. You'll have no problem getting a taxi back.

LuLu

~~~~

How long a taxi ride?

As OCruisers says, it`s a short ride. The cab drivers actually park their cabs and walk onto the beach politely inquiring if anyone needs a taxi back to the ship starting in the early afternoon. Boatyard has a couple hundred lounge chairs and feels crowded to me. Lobster has less than fifty and is quite peaceful.

We were there a few yrs ago on a Sunday and I think it was our third time. We wanted just to take a taxi to downtown and just walk around and maybe have a little something to eat. The cabbies that were parked further down along the rode asked if we needed a ride and talked us and another couple out of staying downtown and wanted to give us a tour. He was a good talker and off we went to places we had already been. His cab really wasn't made for four people and it was hard to get into the back. We were so stupid. He could've left us off in the middle of the island. So be careful who approaches you.

We thought of going to the rum distillery but they are not open on Sunday. The terminal stores though do sell their rum. There was one that my daughter wanted that they don't sell in the U.S. so I guess we were lucky for something that day!!!!!!!!!

It's not far at all! Know you've take a taxi from the terminal into town at some time. It's 5 minutes more at the most. Very close!

Lobster Alive is next to Boatyard. You'll have no problem getting a taxi back.

Thanks, LuLu. We've actually walked to town though probably took a taxi back. :) I'll keep this place in mind for our next stop there. [/color][/size][/font]

As OCruisers says, it`s a short ride. The cab drivers actually park their cabs and walk onto the beach politely inquiring if anyone needs a taxi back to the ship starting in the early afternoon. Boatyard has a couple hundred lounge chairs and feels crowded to me. Lobster has less than fifty and is quite peaceful.

Great. Thanks. Sounds good. :)

I had never heard of this place so.... learn something new on CC everyday. ;)

Archived