Dining options. Now I can't decide!

tamsocal

So we were only offered late Dining or open seating for our cruise next month. Early Main was full.

We were somewhere in the #50-100 on the waitlist and the HAL agent didnt even want to put us on the list because it was so long, but I asked if we could be added just in case.

The cruise would not have been the best for us if we were going to have to eat at 8pm each night since the kids typically eat 5-6p.

I also love to have main seating, dislike the buffet (people licking their fingers, food sitting out, etc), and love having the same dining room staff all week. The kids are excellent with main seating as well- and we all dress up for formal night, tuxes x3, gown, etc

So I moved myself to plan B...... No big deal HAL, if you dont have early seating for us- I will book the Pinnacle every night of the cruise at the early time of my choosing. I figured for an extra $$$ to get the time I wanted and the great staff & meals it was worth it.

Over the last 6 weeks I have convinced myself about what a great plan I had and how I was going to get to try alot of the main dished on the menu. YUM!!!

We have now cleared the waitlist!! YIPPEE, we have early main seating. However, now I am sad thinking about not eating in the Pinnacle nightly :D.

Now I am going to go through SuiteLife withdrawals and Pinnacle dining withdrawal

Of course you could have done Open Seating. Sounds like you are in a Suite, so the Neptune Concierge could have gotten you the same table every night, and that would be almost the same as standard seating. But glad everything has worked out.

You can still go to Pinnacle a night or two, can't you? :confused:

HAL managed to give you what you so badly wanted... I'm happy for you. :)

Hope you and your family have a great cruise.

What size table will you be at? I should think you'd have no problem going to the Pinnacle on occasion - these addictions are hard to break - weaning off it would be best!:D Just need to let your tablemates know if you are at a big table - I'm sure they'll understand.....

Just FYI, on our last cruise we did PG every night but one when we ate in the MDR. Yeow, after the peace and quiet of the PG, we felt that we heard every noise in the MDR. If we'd eaten there every night, the noise probably would have gone unnoticed.

While we truly enjoyed the PG food, it got to be a bit much as it's a heavier meal re meats, seafood, and we said we wouldn't do that again.

Never say never, we're thinking about doing it again for our upcoming cruise :)

Of course you could have done Open Seating. Sounds like you are in a Suite, so the Neptune Concierge could have gotten you the same table every night, and that would be almost the same as standard seating. But glad everything has worked out.

No no suite :( thats why I am going to be suffering withdrawals.....

We were in open seating but I wasn't sure how easy that was going to be On HAL & we like to get the same team for the whole week.

We will probably just go to Pinnacle twice now and be happy that our waitlist cleared :)

We have been booking Pinnacle about 3 times in a week, I wish they would change menu a little , also they give you so much food I really would not want to eat there more than every other night. I also find the quality of the Pinnacle can really vary from ship to ship , none are bad , some are good and some are great.

What size table will you be at? I should think you'd have no problem going to the Pinnacle on occasion - these addictions are hard to break - weaning off it would be best!:D Just need to let your tablemates know if you are at a big table - I'm sure they'll understand.....

table for 4-- it's me & my 3 kids-- didn't want to torture anyone with getting seated with us and being sad.... or mad :D:eek: although my children are quite lovely and they know the consequences of not behaving. Just 2 words NO CLUB!! :):) I don't even have to say the words. I can just write them on a paper & show it to them!

and we always let the MDR staff know if we are not going to show up

Just FYI, on our last cruise we did PG every night but one when we ate in the MDR. Yeow, after the peace and quiet of the PG, we felt that we heard every noise in the MDR. If we'd eaten there every night, the noise probably would have gone unnoticed.

While we truly enjoyed the PG food, it got to be a bit much as it's a heavier meal re meats, seafood, and we said we wouldn't do that again.

Never say never, we're thinking about doing it again for our upcoming cruise :)

Yes-- love the quiet of Pinnacle - that is sometimes a negative of MDR-- it gets a bit noisy.

DCL is terrible for this you can't hear any conversations at the table.

I'll remind myseld I don't need the calories from Pinnacle

I think since we were lucky enough to get our first request for dining- we will be thrilled with that & dine in Pinnacle on 2 port nights.

Now i just need someone to give me strength to not pay to change to a Neptune suite! I have done well for the past 6 weeks sticking with my great bargain Oceanview but as the sailing is down to only 2 "S" cabins, I am soooo tempted to say goobye to my $$$

I know we will have fabulous time in OV and the price is not worth it for our busy port days and kids living in club HAL. I really don;t forsee us spending much time in the cabin

So we were only offered late Dining or open seating for our cruise next month. Early Main was full.

We were somewhere in the #50-100 on the waitlist and the HAL agent didnt even want to put us on the list because it was so long, but I asked if we could be added just in case.

The cruise would not have been the best for us if we were going to have to eat at 8pm each night since the kids typically eat 5-6p.

I also love to have main seating, dislike the buffet (people licking their fingers, food sitting out, etc), and love having the same dining room staff all week. The kids are excellent with main seating as well- and we all dress up for formal night, tuxes x3, gown, etc

So I moved myself to plan B...... No big deal HAL, if you dont have early seating for us- I will book the Pinnacle every night of the cruise at the early time of my choosing. I figured for an extra $$$ to get the time I wanted and the great staff & meals it was worth it.

Over the last 6 weeks I have convinced myself about what a great plan I had and how I was going to get to try alot of the main dished on the menu. YUM!!!

We have now cleared the waitlist!! YIPPEE, we have early main seating. However, now I am sad thinking about not eating in the Pinnacle nightly :D.

Now I am going to go through SuiteLife withdrawals and Pinnacle dining withdrawal

So glad that you got your early fixed seating that you wanted -- especially for the children's sake.

Who said that you can't still go to the Pinnacle a couple of times? Do it!!

A few nights during the cruise in the Pinnacle are fine.

I think the menu might get boring every night. It's basically a steak and lobster restaurant. A great place to dine, as I said, it might get boring night after night.

Personally, while I love the Pinnacle, and usually eat there a few times on any cruise, I think it would get boring every night. Luckily, you can now have the best of both worlds.:)

I agree. :)

While we really enjoy Pinnacle, we would not wish to dine there every night. The meals are too big and that is too much beef for me. I can only order their salmon just so much as good as it usually is. We like MDR and Pinnacle in combination. :)

Personally, even though I love dining at the Pinnacle, I don't want to go there more than once a week. I'll go twice on a 10-day cruise, but only because it's included in my Mariner status.

When I do dine there, I eat lightly all day leading up to it, and then again the next day. It truly is a filling meal.

Just for the record, "main" dining is the late/fixed seating at 8:00 PM. You cleared the waitlist for early/fixed.

Archived