Taking good night shots

katie11

I recently bought a Canon 650D T4i DSLR and am fairly new to photography. I'd like to know what settings to use for good night photo's of lights etc.

Most of the ones I have taken are blurred. I haven't used a tripod and wasn't sure if this is the problem. Also the photo's taken without the flash were better than the ones with the flash.

I am still learning about this camera and would appreciate the experts opinions.

I recently bought a Canon 650D T4i DSLR and am fairly new to photography. I'd like to know what settings to use for good night photo's of lights etc.

Most of the ones I have taken are blurred. I haven't used a tripod and wasn't sure if this is the problem. Also the photo's taken without the flash were better than the ones with the flash.

I am still learning about this camera and would appreciate the experts opinions.

I wrote an article on the basics of low-light photography for one of the C.C.P.I.C.S. "classes" on this forum a while ago. It contains some info that may be useful to get you started.

http://www.pptphoto.com/articles/lowlight.html

Dave

Thank you very much, Dave, for your helpful information. Is it possible to copy your articles to my computer, or can I purchase same? Trying to find these links after some time can be difficult.

Thanks Kerry.

Thank you very much, Dave, for your helpful information. Is it possible to copy your articles to my computer, or can I purchase same? Trying to find these links after some time can be difficult.

Thanks Kerry.

Just come back to the forum or bookmark the page. No purchase necessary!

Dave

Archived