Anyone ever did a back to back cruise?

sailingnut

I was wondering if anyone out there ever did a back to back cruise and how did they like it? I am doing one and wondering~~TA told me I would have to get off the ship in NY and get back on~~just go through customs without the luggage~~thank God! Thanks!:)

I was wondering if anyone out there ever did a back to back cruise and how did they like it? I am doing one and wondering~~TA told me I would have to get off the ship in NY and get back on~~just go through customs without the luggage~~thank God! Thanks!:)

I have done three of B2B cruises and have another one scheduled for next year. I love the longer cruises. Most of the time, it is a very simple process. The last time,Guest Services gave out exact instructions for the "Turn Around Day". If I remember correctly those of us doing a B2B, were gathered together taken off ship in a group, went through Customs as a group, held in a lounge until the ship was cleared and than were allowed to return before the boarding process began. Each Embarkation city might be a little different. If you are staying in the same cabin, all you should need is a picture ID (Driver's License or Passport) and room key.

If you use the search engine there is approx 10 to 15 pages on this topic.

I've done several back to backs. The downside is a repeat of the food (no problem) and a repeat of a lot of the entertainment (more of a factor for us since we try not to miss a show.) We did this many years ago from NY on another cruise line and we went to the Intrepid museum which was within walking distance. I am not sure where NCH docks in NY or whether the museum is currently open. Otherwise, you are in NY and I would choose one site you would really like to see and be a tourist. Just make sure you are back well before the time specified by the cruise ship.

We did one in May on the Jade. Cruise started and ended in Venice. We were told that we could either stay on the ship or leave whenever we wanted to see Venice. Got off in Venice and had a little sticker to wear when returning so that we could by pass the embarkation line. Able to walk on the ship without waiting in any lines what so ever. Very easy to do.

We are considering doing the Jade back to back and we may consider changing cabins after the first week. Does anyone know how this is dealt with?

Also, when booking, would changing cabins mean that it is treated as two distinct cruises (i.e. showing up twice in MyNCL and having to pay two deposits) or will it still be treated as a single booking.

I'm planning on calling NCL to check, but thought I'd ask here as well, as the info on here is often more accurate.

We are considering doing the Jade back to back and we may consider changing cabins after the first week. Does anyone know how this is dealt with?

Also, when booking, would changing cabins mean that it is treated as two distinct cruises (i.e. showing up twice in MyNCL and having to pay two deposits) or will it still be treated as a single booking.

I'm planning on calling NCL to check, but thought I'd ask here as well, as the info on here is often more accurate.

Yes, treated as two i.e. two deposits. The cabin change is relatively straightforward...keep clothes on the hangers, carry to new cabin and return the empty hangers from there to original cabin. Throw all the small stuff in your case, and go!

Your cabin steward will normally assist, and you should give them a tip for such service.

Why would you not simply book the 14 night, which is two back-to-backs but retains cabin for both weeks?

Thanks for the info.

We're considering moving because we want to try an aft cabin and also like the look of the Aft Penthouse.

Given the extra cost for the Penthouse, it makes sense to consider just doing it for one week and staying in a mini suite for the other. It saves a few hundred pounds.

We loved two full sets of perks as platinum . More Champagne and two more dinners in Le Bistro . The cabin steward moved our luggage to the new room as we went about our day . Do be sure to get your new room key from the front desk before you leave the ship .;):)

We were on the Jade last month...back to back. We kept the same cabin. If you changed cabins, you just packed up your things, but did not put bags in the hall. They move your stuff. They want you to do lifeboat again if you change cabins, but it's not mandatory. They give you stickers to wear that say still on vacation. We had the ship to ourselves during the boat drill...lol. When you get back on the boat (if you get off) you go through security, but not customs. Have fun. We loved it. Different itinerary each week.

We changed cabins on Infinity this May for our British Isles cruise.

The change is relatively easy. X has a meeting for all B2B cruisers the day before the changeover. They issue you the new cabin keys then.

We had to pack our things (relatively easy since everything was already organized) and leave our luggage in the old cabin. We went on an excursion and came back to our new cabin to find our luggage. We tipped the cabin steward to move for us. Also, I put the new luggage tags on to make it easy for him.

Archived