Wanted - Your Top 5 Tips for Millennium

suncityga

Walk around the entire buffet area before you make your choices -- there are offerings back at the aft area that aren't available further forward, and there is variation port to starboard, also. Some people never make their way aft and miss the waffles entirely.

Visit the promenade. Stay awhile.

Find a window seat in Rendevous Lounge.

Take swimwear for a dip in the Thallasotherapy pool.

Sit outside at the back of the buffet.

Get a seat by the rear window in the MDR for lunch of sea days.

Show staff you appreciate the service aboard.

Try new drinks.

-Penny

Hi,

1) Martini Bar:D

2) Cafe al Bacio as soon as they open (great coffee drinks and fresh baked pastries)...and then throughout the day...and then late at night ! :D:D

3) A great exercise walk/jog route: Take the jogging track on Deck 11, and as you go towards the stern, keep going, walk up the steps to Deck 12 by the Sports Court, proceed around the stern of the ship, back down the steps on the other side, and continue around on the jogging track again. Makes for a great cardio walk/jog routine.

4) Sunset Bar at sunset !

5) Agree with others...T pool...especially after 20 laps of the above walk/jog route !

As others have said...get to know the staff...WONDERFUL !!!!

Enjoy

Woody

Join your roll-call, and be sure to sign up for the cabin crawl, if one is planned. Millie has some amazing cabins, and I'm not just talking about the suites (although they're great, too). The huge aft-facing FamilyView, the "sweet sixteens", with their super balconies, and the newly added AquaClass cabins -- are all worth seeing, if you get the chance! :cool:

We are booked on the very same voyage. In fact, I recently booked my air from Newark, NJ non-stop to Narita in Tokyo (United #79 - which I have flown often) - we are going over three days prior to sailing to see some of my friends and business associates.

Don't miss the opportunity to see Tokyo. If you are an electronics/camera maven like me, you will find paradise in the Akihabara district.

Here's to a smooth crossing!

What everyone else said, be nice to staff, enjoy aft cabins, go to back (aft) of buffet for treats and try the Olympic restaurant!! :D Yes it's expensive but well worth it. They cook the food (some of it) tableside, the staff, ambiance, and food are as good as any 5 star restaurant. We had a 2+ hour dinner there and it was one of the highlights of the trip.

Sue

Some people never make their way aft and miss the waffles entirely.
Shhhh! Don't let Texed hear you say that. ;)

Also some people who eat dinner at the buffet never make their way back there in the evening and miss the cooked-to-order steaks, chops, fish and chicken with the accompanying vegetables and baked potatoes.

Cafe Al Bacio - great staff and great espresso drinks. I liked to bring my Kindle and read there.

Bistro on Five - service might be a little slow but the food is worth the $5.

Bring sunscreen if you plan on visiting deck 11 forward. There is no quick access to any shade.

Your experience may vary, but when I stopped in the Olympic to take photos one afternoon I was offered 20% off if I dined there. I did not take them up on it.

Okay I only had 4. Hope it helps!

Archived