Jeans and jacket in MDR on formal night

Wear what you have suggested. Very smart with dress shoes. I had a similar dress shirt shrinkage and have now replaced the poorly made one!

I wore my DJ with open necked dress shirt and looked ok and blended right in. The black jeans are cool and would go unnoticed.

The jacket is the key here. With smart shoes you will be right there!

However, I am unsure what dockers are. I think they are dark chinos? And along with a regular shirt and tie you will look like a right dork! That is as far from formal as you can get. Take notice people!

Better still...wear your kilt and show them Yanks what real style is all about!

Have a great cruise.

However, I am unsure what dockers are. I think they are dark chinos? And along with a regular shirt and tie you will look like a right dork! That is as far from formal as you can get. Take notice people!

Dockers is just a name brand of "khaki" casual dress pants. Im gonna have to go google Chinos lol.

dockers.jpg

Better still...wear your kilt and show them Yanks what real style is all about!

Have a great cruise.

The last cruise I did that on...well, lets just say, I must have posed for 100+ photos, and lets also say, about 1/5th of the photographers bought me a drink.

I found out that night, that the kilt is very warm and comfortable to sleep in on ones balcony!:o

The outfit you describe sounds fine. Way better than a tuxedo that's gonna cut off your circulation :)

Big deal you get a couple of "looks" , look back at them:)

So someone throws savory bites at you ...If you are a good catch, what the hell more savory bites for you :)

Go , ENJOY....Have a great cruise :)

Here's a suggestion - you live in Dundee, they have a Primark, you'll be able to pick up a pair of black smart trousers for less than £10 - or try Asda, or Matalan, or Tesco............

The black jeans with tux jacket worked for my husband on a cruise where he forgot his tux pants. He looked very nice and I don't think any of the fashion police noticed. If they did, no one fainted or threw savory bites at him.

He liked the way he looked so much that he has talked about doing it again!:D

Sherri:)

Dockers is just a name brand of "khaki" casual dress pants. Im gonna have to go google Chinos lol.

dockers.jpg

Thanks ryano......they look like golf trousers to me. Smart for golf but not a formal night.....they're smart casual at best.......

I am sorry. Black "Jeans' are not appropriate on a formal night.

You can "kid" yourself that it is perfectly fine but it is not.

If you can afford to cruise then you can afford to wear the appropriate attire.

Keith

Maybe, but the correct answer to his question of, "will I be refused entry?" is no, he would not be refused entry.

How can they refuse you entry? Formal attire is just the "suggested" attire of the evening. The OP is not in violation of any rules or regulations. Their would be no basis to refuse the OP entry.

Get a pair of those jazzy cargo shorts. The ones with the zipper down by the thigh. So when you get into the dining room you can zipper on the legs. Now that's sporty !!!

dockers.jpg

I'm glad someone asked I've been wondering for ages what dockers were :) I thought they may be Doc Martin shoes but that didn't seem right.

How can they refuse you entry? Formal attire is just the "suggested" attire of the evening. The OP is not in violation of any rules or regulations. Their would be no basis to refuse the OP entry.

I know. That's why I said the simple answer to his question was no, he would not be refused entry.

Their is no such thing as a simple answer on Cruise Critic......lol

So True.

Cruise Critic.

Critic = Someone who frequently finds fault or makes harsh and unfair judgement.

I say change the name of the website . :p Too much critics here.:)

Archived