Upgrade fron guarantee to bigger room?

texasnana

When those upsell offers go out, they are first come, first served. Whoever grabs it first, gets it. They go out to a number of people at approximately the same time.

Call early if you are interested.

Great deal IMO. When you call to accept, ask if they can give you a list of cabins to select from. Of course, do your homework first and be prepared with a list of cabins that you would prefer. FOr example, I think that some SZ and even SY cabins are better located than the higher priced SS ones.

You can find info on cabin selection here on the HAL board.

DaveOKC

hi - do the upsells come from HAL directly? what if you book through a TA? we have a cruise in two weeks and we have a guarantee, and are anxiously awaiting our cabin assignment, and i'm not familiar with the process

thanks for the help

Anne

I just called our travel agent and asked her to call Holland for an upsell. She did and was told it was to early (as I expected) we are 2 months out still but thought I'd give it a try. She was informed to call back in a month! Fingers crossed.

hi - do the upsells come from HAL directly? what if you book through a TA? we have a cruise in two weeks and we have a guarantee, and are anxiously awaiting our cabin assignment, and i'm not familiar with the process

thanks for the help

Anne

HAL calls your TA who then calls you (for an upsell). Reportedly, some TAs are better at handling this than others are, so since you are only 2 weeks out, I would call my TA and have them call HAL to inquire about any upsells.

Also, if you marked your reservation "do not upgrade", you might not be offered an upsell on the first round by HAL.

DaveOKC

... and we have a guarantee, and are anxiously awaiting our cabin assignment, and i'm not familiar with the process

Also, if you marked your reservation "do not upgrade", you might not be offered an upsell on the first round by HAL.

Guarantees can not be marked DNU.

annej: most assignments come between 12 and 9 days out. Once that assignment is done, it is more difficult to get an upsell because everyone has been "shuffled up" to fill vacant cabins higher up. If you want an upsell, contact your TA today.

Guarantees can not be marked DNU.

annej: most assignments come between 12 and 9 days out. Once that assignment is done, it is more difficult to get an upsell because everyone has been "shuffled up" to fill vacant cabins higher up. If you want an upsell, contact your TA today.

Good point, about the do not upgrade on guarantees. I missed it.

DaveOKC

We also received an upsell email yesterday. Ours stated " upgrade from category va-vh to sa-sc for an additional $299 per person". We are on a 7 day Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. We've only been in regular balconies before, but the added amenities (free laundry/dry cleaning) seem appealing. Is the extra space really that much of a difference? Jerry

We also received an upsell email yesterday. Ours stated " upgrade from category va-vh to sa-sc for an additional $299 per person". We are on a 7 day Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. We've only been in regular balconies before, but the added amenities (free laundry/dry cleaning) seem appealing. Is the extra space really that much of a difference? Jerry

That sure seems worth it to me.

Our upsell came in to our TA yesterday. We sail on Sunday. The offer was $149 pp for changing from a SY to an SA. We had actually been upgraded from an ocean view (no charge) already.

Such a deal. We took it. The cabin is huge and the Neptune lounge is included. So excited.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Jerry, if you don't take the upsell, go to the front desk and purchase the unlimited laundry package. I don't know the current prices, but it's worth every penny. One flat rate for all the laundry you can stuff in a bag every night!

you are getting approx 500 sq ft, great bathroom and veranda, perks also are very nice, only you can decide if its worth it, I am a sucker for upsells

You need to be aware that if you do take this upsell one thing you won't get is the suite bonus cruise days.

Archived