Marina-your favorite specialty restaurant

sjde

What is your favorite restaurant on the Marina and why?

If you are not in a suite, how many complimentary dinners do you get outside the MDR?

Oceania isn't very good about answering emails. I sent one about a month ago and one 2 weeks ago and haven't received a response.

1) do not have a favourite one

2) 1 in each for B to F CAT.....it also depends on the length of the cruise

3) a phone call works better in most cases or if you used a TA ask them

Red Ginger is my favorite, for three simple reasons:

6a0120a92e343a970b0147e3a4e957970b-800wi It's a perfectly gorgeous room, the service is all encompassing 001052.jpg (you begin the meal by choosing from a selection of custom chop-sticks. for heaven's sake), and the food is outstanding.

170424.jpg

The Chilean Sea Bass in Red Ginger is the single best thing that I have ever eaten on a ship.

If you are not in a suite, how many complimentary dinners do you get outside the MDR?

Unless your cruise exceeds two weeks, passengers in non Suite cabins are guaranteed at least one reservation in each of the four Specialty Restaurants, but additional reservations may be available on a first come first served basis, once you are on the ship, so there really is no "limit".

There is never a surcharge in any of the Marina's Restaurants with the exception of La Reserve where wines are included with the meal and are an intrinsic part of the experience.

0000MARINA-La-Reserve-2.jpg.jpg Any passenger may dine in La Reserve as often as they are willing to pay the fee (although it must be said that this venue will probably not be open on every evening of your cruise).

JimandStan, beautiful pictures. Can't wait till 1 Sept to try that Chilean Bass I have read so much about! Booked all my specialty restaurants yesterday, and will certainly be trying for more once on-board..

Can you tell me if the Waves Grille still serves the lobster and brie sandwiches I read about last year.

We had better success with the young lady in the main lobby booking extra nights in the specialty restaurants than we did with our concierge. I believe part of her duties are just to book specialty restaurants.

Favorite? I'd have to say Jacques.

Ricki

The Chilean Sea Bass, the appetizers which we shared, the service, yummy food period. We enjoyed the other restaurants as well, but both of us prefer Asian food, which probably is why we pick the Red Ginger as our favourite. On a short cruise you can pre-reserve one reservation per restaurant. One night we were quite late getting back from a tour and we walked into the Red Ginger and asked if we could get a reservation and the Maitre d' told us to come back in 30 minutes and she would fit us in. At that time there was no one making reservations.

We are on an 18 day cruise,booked concierge level.Have been on 5 R ship cruises and we where able to book only 4 nights in advance.Now we are on the Marina 2014 how many pre reservations can we book?

We are on an 18 day cruise,booked concierge level.Have been on 5 R ship cruises and we where able to book only 4 nights in advance.Now we are on the Marina 2014 how many pre reservations can we book?

From the webpage

How many dining reservations am I allowed in each specialty restaurant?

R-Class Ships-Regatta, Insignia and Nautica-

Concierge and above staterooms and suites are are allowed two dining reservations in each specialty restaurant. Guests in other stateroom categories are allowed one dining reservation in each specialty restaurant.

O-Class Ship Marina-

Guests in Owners Suites, Vista Suites and Oceania Suites are are allowed two dining reservations in each specialty restaurant. Guests in all other stateroom categories are allowed one dining reservation in each specialty restaurant.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Oceania isn't very good about answering emails. I sent one about a month ago and one 2 weeks ago and haven't received a response.

I read through the thread and didn't see an answer to your question about complimentary dinners.

Your cabin level is irrelevant in this respect. The only pay-restaurants are La Reserve and Privee. Otherwise, no charge. It has nothing to do with your cabin level.

What DOES have to do with your cabin level is how many reservations you are guaranteed for the other specialty restaurants.

For the record, our favorite restaurant on Marina is Jacques.

Mura

JimandStan, this is for you! You have fond followers, as I'm sure you know!

'Dominic, I felt the same way! I HATE JimandStan for their fabulous visuals. Been seeing them for a while. If you and your partner would like to join my sister and me in Red Ginger on board, I will go STRAIGHT on boarding to get an earlier reservation - the night we sail, perhaps, in Red Ginger. Our current rese is late in the cruise, but I already have two entrees I want. And by the way, I invited StanandJim to join us on this cruise (they seem to cruise quite often) to act as our culinary tour guides.

Let me know, since I think we have earlier boarding time than you. Or if you do want to join us in RG, when you make your rese's do it for four - or more - early in the cruise. I have a feeling this is going to be THE HOT dining venue!!!! '

Love to meet you guys some day!

Archived