So few gold and above!

airlink diva

I'm currently on the Elation enjoying a Kiss on the Lips :)! Prior to boarding the ship, told there are only about 123 gold, about 20 Platinum and 2 diamond cruisera on a sailing of over 2700. That's less than 200 senior cruisers. Are we staying away from the shorter cruises?

I'm currently on the Elation enjoying a Kiss on the Lips :)! Prior to boarding the ship, told there are only about 123 gold, about 20 Platinum and 2 diamond cruisera on a sailing of over 2700. That's less than 200 senior cruisers. Are we staying away from the shorter cruises?

You don't like newbies?:eek:

Woops. I thought you said we are staying away from shorter cruises

We avoid anything under 7 days due to economics....we have to fly to a port. Even if we lived within driving distance we would still prefer taking 7 plus day cruises.... Why? More variety of possible port stops and it takes 3ish days for us to fully relax!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have gone on short cruises (4 days) to long cruises (16 days). It really doesn't matter to me. Prices have dropped so much, I just keep booking them. I am lucky that I can easily drive to all the Florida ports, which makes cruising a great value for me. :D

Also prefer cruises of at least more than 7 days, when possible. We also have to fly to catch a ship and yes, as young senior citizens, we can afford some longer cruises. Currently looking into making our 1/1/14 cruise into a 21 day B2B!

How did you find this out? I think it's interesting to know and would be fun to find out on variety of sailings. I prefer the longer cruises too but if the price and timing is right short getaways are nice since we live close to several ports.

Take care of the Elation. I board when you get back!! :D:D

With the new program a lot of people got downgraded from gold to red...your red until 28 days of sailing now which cut down on the number of people who get the perks.

Last year we did a 8 day on the Freedom and went out on a 4 day on the Imagination the next day. I too noticed more 'newbies' on the 4 day cruise. I think the fact the 3, 4 and 5 day are a 'cheap' get away. I draws them in and gets them hooked :)

Since I live close to five different Florida ports, I take, and enjoy lots of different cruises, and everything from 4 day and longer. I've taken 5, short 5 day cruises lately, and was the only "Diamond" on 3 of the five. I think the shorter cruises are avoided by lots of folks, and especially those who have to fly, to sail. Nothing wrong with those cruises, and in fact, I've had a GREAT time aboard each, and every one of 'em. :D

"SKY"

We prefer the 7 day or more cruises. We have to either fly or drive a minimum of 10 hours. We have booked shorter cruises a few times and always feel like we are ripped off the ship way to soon.

Back in March we had a trip to CA given to us. There was free airfare and Disney involved. We booked a 3 day cruise and added it onto the end of our trip in Orange county since we didn't know when we would get back out there again. We enjoyed the cruise but it didn't even feel like a real cruise to me. It really felt more like a sample of what could be offered.

So, whenever I can I book the 7 day trips. But we have been known to add in a 5 day every now and then. We have our 1st 16 day trip booked for next April and I'm really looking forward to it and all of its sea days.

I want to know how you know too. Sounds like something you would find out at the past guest party, but I think you just boarded? Emjoy your cruise! And do they make that drink in an NA recipe?

YUM!!! That is my FAVORITE drink! @marshhawk, they do have NA and it is about $3 cheaper! 2 with alcohol or 3 NA.....I think the only ones with alcohol that I drank were when my mother-in-law bought me one and my free one ;)

have fun on the Elation!

With the new program a lot of people got downgraded from gold to red...your red until 28 days of sailing now which cut down on the number of people who get the perks.

This is the second post that I've corrected today. You hit gold at 25 days sailed and not 28... let's not confuse anyone..

How did you find this out? I think it's interesting to know and would be fun to find out on variety of sailings. I prefer the longer cruises too but if the price and timing is right short getaways are nice since we live close to several ports.

Before boarding started, they broke down the stats on the paxs

Archived