Boarding passes

abqmommyof4

I've always printed them out.

Never needed them, just shown my ID and they look up the info

we've done 3 cruises through princess and one through Carnival. For 2 we checked in at the pier, the other 2 we arrived early and checked in at the holding hotel.

HAs any one ever needed their boarding pass?

You won't be denied boarding if you don't present a boarding pass; having one just makes the entire process go more smoothly. Why make them lookup your information when you could make their job easier?

As Paul stated, for priority boarding Elites, Platinums and full suites need a boarding pass for priority boarding.

Lew

Last year I printed my boarding pass and left it at home, I realized it the night before in the hotel and couldn't reprint as the site didn't allow it. Even though I had everything filled in for my onboard account with my CC info they made me resign at check in as I didn't have my printed boarding pass and then I received a letter in the cabin saying my account wasn't set up and to bring my CC to guest services who did it again and gave me a ticket to keep. When I was disembarking the machine binged and I had to show my ticket guest services had given me. What a pain!! Of course when I got home my 2 copies of my boarding pass were on the table :D

In all my cruises I have never forgotten them and hope to not do it again - when i have it they barely glance at it:D

You can board without printing a boarding pass but, it ishighly recommended you do so to avoid any difficulties entering the pier gates or the pier itself. This past winter in Fort Lauderdale we were required by pier security guards to show our boarding passes and passport to enter the gates. However, regardless of weather you print or do not print a boarding pass, you must complete the immigration information in the Cruise Personalizer not later than 2 days prior to sailing. If you fail to complete this information you must arrive at the pier check in no later than 90 mins before the scheduled sailing time. If you arrive later boarding may be denied. In the U.S. cruise lines are required to provide a manifest of passengers 60 mins prior to sailing. When you complete the immigration information it's just a click to print the boarding pass. Immigration information can also be provided manually on a form two weeks before sailing.

FYI we always carry duplicate copies of our boarding passes.

We tried to do our last vacation paperless-ly (Alaska from Seattle, with a land vacation in Vancouver beforehand), so we had all of our documents on a tablet (and backed up on a smartphone). It went without problem, EXCEPT for Princess. For flights, private excursions, hotels, train, etc. - easy!

At embarkation, however, we were scolded quite sternly when we went to check in, met with sarcasm ("How am I supposed to hand this to the captain?"). It was suggested that we were very fortunate she was being so accommodating, or we wouldn't be getting on at all. We were told that we may be called to report to the captain once on ship, to ensure we were who we said we were...and who our passports said we were...and that we were actually checked in.

Not the best introduction to Princess for my husband, followed by a crew member slapping his hand when he tried to push an elevator button. Fortunately, he's giving them another shot this year, but we will be printing our Boarding Passes.

Jo-Ann

I am having trouble printing mine today our for our July 17 cruise...assume the problem is on my end with computer/printer and will try again later. I don't want to show up in Barcelona without a boarding pass and luggage tags!

Not having luggage tags is OK. The porters will have blank ones that you can fill out and attach as you are turning over the bags.

We tried to do our last vacation paperless-ly (Alaska from Seattle, with a land vacation in Vancouver beforehand), so we had all of our documents on a tablet (and backed up on a smartphone). It went without problem, EXCEPT for Princess. For flights, private excursions, hotels, train, etc. - easy!

At embarkation, however, we were scolded quite sternly when we went to check in, met with sarcasm ("How am I supposed to hand this to the captain?"). It was suggested that we were very fortunate she was being so accommodating, or we wouldn't be getting on at all. We were told that we may be called to report to the captain once on ship, to ensure we were who we said we were...and who our passports said we were...and that we were actually checked in.

Not the best introduction to Princess for my husband, followed by a crew member slapping his hand when he tried to push an elevator button. Fortunately, he's giving them another shot this year, but we will be printing our Boarding Passes.

Jo-Ann

Wow, I guess you just got in grumpy's line that morning, maybe she never got brewed coffee from the IC and had to drink HC coffee that day :eek::eek:

Jo-Ann

Grumpy's line no doubt. Was Grumpy part of the embarkation shore staff? I've heard shore staff are seasonal employees and may not always be up to "full" Princess standards. Regardless, that behavior is inexcusable. If that had happened to me I'd make sure I got their full name and submitted a formal complaint. Princess knows it's in their best interest to provide "corrective guidance" to employees who behave like that.

As far as the crew member slapping your DH's hand, likewise - complain (it doesn't have to be nasty, just factual) and "guidance" will be administered.

Grumpy's line no doubt. Was Grumpy part of the embarkation shore staff? I've heard shore staff are seasonal employees and may not always be up to "full" Princess standards. Regardless, that behavior is inexcusable. If that had happened to me I'd make sure I got their full name and submitted a formal complaint. Princess knows it's in their best interest to provide "corrective guidance" to employees who behave like that.

As far as the crew member slapping your DH's hand, likewise - complain (it doesn't have to be nasty, just factual) and "guidance" will be administered.

We realized after the fact that we should have taken names and complained, but were too stunned in the moment (and embarrassed, since it seemed not actually printing the pass was such a crime). We've never encountered anything like that on other lines and I'd been telling my husband that one of the big differences I'd found on Princess previously was the service was a step above ... However, I choose to believe the two events were anomalies and won't happen again. Even if they do, at least I'll be more ready.

And, we're printing our Boarding Passes for cruises from now on. Why risk a complication?

I work check in yesterday, I had a family of 4 who didn't print them. It took 45 minites to check them in, when it would have taken 5. It then has a domino efect on the line.

Glad to hear from someone who is on the other side of this situation. Clearly your message to passengers is PRINT YOUR BOARDING PASSES, IT NOT ONLY AFFECTS YOUR CHECK-IN TIME BUT ALSO THE CHECK-IN TIME OF THOSE IN LINE BEHIND YOU.

1) I made a comment about shore staff, something I'd heard but don't know first-hand. Are you and your colleagues seasonal employees? How much Princess training do you get? Let's put that one to rest right now!

2) Regarding the family of four you mentioned. I understand it took you much longer to check them in. I also understand you're motivated to get people through the system ASAP so it's frustrating. The real question is, did they feel your frustration or did you keep it to yourself?

Archived