last year. Where HAS the time gone?:confused:

Outside of the Collessium in Rome

7278562190_64b9fa70ca_b.jpg

This is at The Acropolis with our handsome Tourguide.....we all said

he looks like Hugh Jackmen:D

I wore very lightweight crop pants in a beige color and sneakers and

socks......

7278673992_05ea42ce7d_b.jpg

Oh that eggplant just makes your skin glow! That is a color you should wear often. I think the accessories you chose for your red dress are amazing! hee hee

Hi Amy, thanks so much:) I am definitely a purple gal. I can do those

deeper colors.

This would be daytime for Alaska: The Jacket is a Columbia and although warm,

it is VERY lightweight!

2887856995_6b1031217e_b.jpg

Edited by Lois R

Wonderful photos, ladies. I loved looking at all of them.

I have no clue how to get photos out of our camera, into the computer and posted here. :o

One of these days, I have to learn.

Wonderful photos, ladies. I loved looking at all of them.

I have no clue how to get photos out of our camera, into the computer and posted here. :o

One of these days, I have to learn.

Hi,:) I am guessing it is a digital? If so, If I can do it, anyone can;)

You should have a port on the side of your computer and a wire that

would attach your camera to the computer.....one end of the wire

goes into the camera...the other end into computer and those photos

should transfer right over. That is the first part.....if you want more

help, let us know:)

Edited by Lois R

First, great topic Marie!

My personal style starts with my hair cut and color. I do not like to blend in with the crowd and go for an edgier look than most women in the Knoxville area. I am 41 and very tall, so finding clothes that fit my style and my height can be tricky. I have posted several pictures of my gowns and dresses on other threads, but I don't think I have posted a close up shot of the hair style that started my style change.

Hair_zpse5b49edb.jpg

Lisa

Hey thats a great haircut. I just wanted to say hi, since I'm in the Knoxville area also. I'm sure I'm taller than you also. lol and quite a few years older. Nice to meet ya!

Well, I got it to post a a thumbnail... It's not a formal photo, but it's definitely one that matches my personality and style...

The backstory on it: day 4 of my 12 day safari through Kenya. Day 1 found that my MoroccanOil was absorbed into my GoToob, so all I had for my trip was my shampoo and conditioner. No hairdryers in safari camps. I just went with the flow... Zippable cargo pants (one of two pair I had with me), white ExOfficio Airstrip Lite shirt (one of 4 I had with me (different neutral colors to not scare the wildlife), I believe), my Keen Voyager trail shoes. It was HOT out there, but the long sleeves and long pants actually kept me cool. The bracelet is one I bought from a Samburu woman at the village I visited. I think I was rockin' my Marc Jacobs sunglasses, though :-)

The shirt is in my regular summer rotation at home and when I travel. The sleeves roll up if I want. The pants I absolutely use at home and I take if I'm going outside cities when I travel.

There you have it. I wander, I go with the flow, I love the adventure. I'm sure someone will think this is sloppy, but that's OK. It's me.

DSC_0954.jpg.72893fa447a569fea0221f21edc397b0.jpg

Edited by slidergirl

Forgot about this b/w picture I had taken on the Noordam. The dress is a silvery gray. And, here's another that shows my daily wear. ;)

Laurie1a.jpg

lvs1sm.jpg

Laurie, LOVE the formal one and love the casual one too!:)

Hey thats a great haircut. I just wanted to say hi, since I'm in the Knoxville area also. I'm sure I'm taller than you also. lol and quite a few years older. Nice to meet ya!

Great to meet you! I am 5'11", how tall are you? I would love to know where you are finding tall clothing in this area.

Lisa

Well, I got it to post a a thumbnail... It's not a formal photo, but it's definitely one that matches my personality and style...

The backstory on it: day 4 of my 12 day safari through Kenya. Day 1 found that my MoroccanOil was absorbed into my GoToob, so all I had for my trip was my shampoo and conditioner. No hairdryers in safari camps. I just went with the flow... Zippable cargo pants (one of two pair I had with me), white ExOfficio Airstrip Lite shirt (one of 4 I had with me (different neutral colors to not scare the wildlife), I believe), my Keen Voyager trail shoes. It was HOT out there, but the long sleeves and long pants actually kept me cool. The bracelet is one I bought from a Samburu woman at the village I visited. I think I was rockin' my Marc Jacobs sunglasses, though :-)

The shirt is in my regular summer rotation at home and when I travel. The sleeves roll up if I want. The pants I absolutely use at home and I take if I'm going outside cities when I travel.

There you have it. I wander, I go with the flow, I love the adventure. I'm sure someone will think this is sloppy, but that's OK. It's me.

Not sloppy - perfectly appropriate attire for an African safari. :) With your Marc Jacobs sunglasses, you were probably the best dressed person in camp. :D

Well here is a pic of a pic (thus the flash tie effect going on) of formal night 2 on our recent cruise and the one wedding dress photo I've been able to get sent to me so far! It's of me and a teacher friend I refer to as my "baby momma" ... she is due in October.

While everyone is showing their short hair ... here's as short as I've gone recently .. it was the beginning of this school year. The kids freaked out. They were used to the more hair version of me.

Personal style wise ... I do love my fur vests, scarves, chunky jewelry and boots!

And, while I'm at it, a repeat of the picture of me in Lisa's old/my new dress that I wore the first formal night on our recent cruise.

Judy, I love your hair cut too. Love all your pictures. How was your cruise? And how is the marriage life? I cannot wait to see your wedding pictures.

M

Lois, you look beautiful in all your pictures. I love them all. Thank you for posting them.

Thanks for the kind words:)

I've posted some of me trying on dresses but the first one here was taken on my last cruise. I decided to go find the photographers on the ship and go with what they wanted me to do and give a genuine smile. I actually got some photos of me that I liked. The second shot was taken as we got off the tender and I walked over, posed, and smiled. The photographer was actually surprised.

530535_4886309996172_1537410212_n.jpg

74639_10200241915871149_1134889325_n.jpg

Amy, we are not very far from each other, perhaps we can meet for lunch as soon as my cast come off.

Marie

I love to wear dresses and my favorites are one-shoulder dresses.

2rhvacn.jpg

2j28hlv.jpg

j08npx.jpg

Royalcruz, you do look beautiful in your one shoulder dresses. I am trying to remember the name of the actress who looks just like you. Darn it! I cannot remember. I will get back to you later...old age you know :D.

Edited by Porthopper101

You all are gorgeous. I am one of those people who hate pictures especially for the past year as I chopped my hair because I had no choice as it was breaking from medications I was on. I then decided to go really blonde - platinum and now I like it.

I turn 50 on July 30th and fly to Amsterdam tomorrow evening to spend a few days and then set sail on Sunday afternoon

Here is a picture of me and my 3 boys. One of the few pictures of me I like

[ATTACH]277981[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote

Hi Sharon, blond suits you; you are beautiful and so are your son. Have a fantastic cruise.

M