A picture of you please...

Well I finally found the black sparkly dress! It was at Burlington Coat Factory. But it was not on sale. It fit perfect though, and it was beautiful! But... When I took it off there were millions and millions of sparkles floating through the air, all over my body, and scattered all around the dressing room floor! I did not realize that the sparkles were actually glitter. I had thought that it was some sort of metallic thread . Oh well! Back on the rack it went. I did not want to deal with that glitter shed every time I wear the dress. The dress was beautiful though. If I see it again somewhere, and it is on sale, I may consider it but I was not going to pay full price and have that glitter shedding all over my closet! Boo hoo.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well I finally found the black sparkly dress! It was at Burlington Coat Factory. But it was not on sale. It fit perfect though, and it was beautiful! But... When I took it off there were millions and millions of sparkles floating through the air, all over my body, and scattered all around the dressing room floor! I did not realize that the sparkles were actually glitter. I had thought that it was some sort of metallic thread . Oh well! Back on the rack it went. I did not want to deal with that glitter shed every time I wear the dress. The dress was beautiful though. If I see it again somewhere, and it is on sale, I may consider it but I was not going to pay full price and have that glitter shedding all over my closet! Boo hoo.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've had to get rid of (donate) dresses that shed too much glitter--just not worth the mess even if I loved the dress. I've tried many things to reduce the fall-out, but nothing really worked.

Now, I won't buy anything that sheds like that!

I have about three or four sparkly tops that I keep (and pack) in plastic bags. I've always wondered if spraying hair spray on them would cut down the glitter dust. Anybody ever try that?

I haven't tried it but have heard that it helps. I understand that you have to buy a brand of hairspray that says it will not leave a film on hair, otherwise it takes the shine off the glitter.

I foolishly didn't have any pictures taken (or take any myself) of me in my formal night outfits. Next cruise with formal nights, I will! But here's one of me with my Portugese musician boyfriend on my fall TA last year. :) I do clean up pretty well, honest, but in this pic I'm dressed for comfort and makeup-free!

LOL...love your forever young BF. You are both looking great. A pleasure to meet you.

Marie

I have a professional organizer coming this week to help me de-clutter and organize and while getting ready for her I found our small photo of formal night on our very first cruise - must be at least thirteen years ago. It was a Carnival cruise and he asked me to marry him in Cozumel while in port! I'm still looking for our formal night photo from 2011 Oasis - it will probably turn up if I keep digging!

Sorry about the quality - its a photo of a photo!

cruisephotocarnival_zps25cf1eef.jpg

Yeah, isn't that weird? It could be camouflage...

Thank you all for the compliments on the dress -- it is a "scarf" dress -- It's an orange, teal and gold geometric print, actually, but could pass for tropical, or banister chic! :)

I love seeing all your dresses and outfits.........read this thread regularly.......

but you may have just coined a new phrase for the ladies on CC........."banister chic"----- perfect!!! :)

I have about three or four sparkly tops that I keep (and pack) in plastic bags. I've always wondered if spraying hair spray on them would cut down the glitter dust. Anybody ever try that?

I tried the hairspray trick. Doesn't help. Don't waste your hairspray.

I make sure never to buy anything with glitter, especially for a cruise. Not only does it get all over your other clothes, but I can't count the number of times I've sat down in the MDR, on formal night, in black, and walked out with a glittery butt!

I love seeing all your dresses and outfits.........read this thread regularly.......

but you may have just coined a new phrase for the ladies on CC........."banister chic"----- perfect!!! :)

Thanks, but to give credit where credit is due -- it was Scrapnana who first suggested the connection between my dress and the banister! ;)

Perhaps we should start a new thread -- posting pictures of ship's banisters with which we could coordinate our outfits! :D