one more point to Diamond level - what to do...

We're plannning out some cruises for the next year or so and we've calculated that going with some js we will be one point short of diamond level at the end. We'd like to work it out so that we would be diamond and not have to take another cruise just for that one day!

Is there a way to "buy" a point? We've calculated longer cruises, etc. but are still coming up short.

I thought I had read somewhere that if you stay at one of the RC recommended hotels the day before (or after) that this can count as a day for C&A points but cannot remember where I read this.

Any help is appreciated!

We're plannning out some cruises for the next year or so and we've calculated that going with some js we will be one point short of diamond level at the end. We'd like to work it out so that we would be diamond and not have to take another cruise just for that one day!

Is there a way to "buy" a point? We've calculated longer cruises, etc. but are still coming up short.

I thought I had read somewhere that if you stay at one of the RC recommended hotels the day before (or after) that this can count as a day for C&A points but cannot remember where I read this.

Any help is appreciated!

No way to buy points, other than buying and than sailing on a cruise. You could take a 3 day weekend cruise.

You cannot purchase C & A points outside of earning them on a cruise. Also, not familiar with any point related program outside of C & A other than the Cruisetour program. Perhaps that is what you are referring to. If you plan an RCI Cruisetour (which is land based tour) in conjunction with a cruise, additional points would be awarded with that. The points awarded are also one per night of the Cruisetour. Cruisetours are available on Canadian / Alaskan, Australian, and European itineraries. Other than that you need to find another night at sea somewhere.

Not that we have to worry about such matters for a very long time but I was thinking of just such a scenario just the other day. Do you get awarded points if you pay for but do not actually attend the cruise?

No you will not get points unless you take the cruise.

Not that we have to worry about such matters for a very long time but I was thinking of just such a scenario just the other day. Do you get awarded points if you pay for but do not actually attend the cruise?

Seriously. Worth of being diamond is worth no where near what another cruise would cost

No way to buy points, other than buying and than sailing on a cruise. You could take a 3 day weekend cruise.

There is a cheap 2 nighter (and C&A certificate) on the Vision sailing on Vetrans day, 11/11/2013.

Not sure how far you are from the various ports or what cruises/how many days you have figured into your calculation. We did an inexpensive interior stateroom for a short cruise...had a great time! Went to Keys for a few days, sent some clothing home via USPS and then enjoyed the next week on board for a 7/8 day cruise. It was a great way to optimize on our cost of airfare to Florida!

points are not awarded until AFTER you complete the cruise.

Oh I feel your pain. I was in the same situation on my past cruise in June where I just needed 1 night to hit platinum and I've already calculated it out and I am going to need just 1 night next year to jump to emerald when I am done with my next 3 cruises. So close yet so far away. LOL

Well, we just reviewed all the cruises again and decided to take a slightly longer one so that will put us at diamond level in 3 more cruises.

thanks everyone!

Good solution!

Archived