Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Solo and Single... and loving it! In 154 days I'll be on the Royal Princess 49 day South America Grand Adventure. I'm not concerned about meeting up with other Singles and/or Solos. I'll be busy leading up a fast paced Chair Aerobics for 22 folks on my Roll Call Group; arranging Pickleball play for 17 newbies and veteran players and going on 20 out of 24 shore excursions as of today.

Life is Good and I'm not ashamed, nor concerned nor afraid of being lonely (I'll be with me, myself and I ~~~ 2 is company and 3 is a crowd) and I know how to be alone without being lonely. In fact one can be alone in the middle of a crowd.

Ramona

Solo and Single... and loving it! In 154 days I'll be on the Royal Princess 49 day South America Grand Adventure. I'm not concerned about meeting up with other Singles and/or Solos. I'll be busy leading up a fast paced Chair Aerobics for 22 folks on my Roll Call Group; arranging Pickleball play for 17 newbies and veteran players and going on 20 out of 24 shore excursions as of today.

Life is Good and I'm not ashamed, nor concerned nor afraid of being lonely (I'll be with me, myself and I ~~~ 2 is company and 3 is a crowd) and I know how to be alone without being lonely. In fact one can be alone in the middle of a crowd.

Ramona

well said you go girl and I am just like you :cool:

Third Brooklynite chiming in!

Hi again Ramona! So envious of your terrific South American trip. I wish i could go!!! Nice to hear from a person who likes her own company, like me!!

I'll be on Regal Princess Nov 1, not solo.

joseyp

Third Brooklynite chiming in!

Hi again Ramona! So envious of your terrific South American trip. I wish i could go!!! Nice to hear from a person who likes her own company, like me!!

I'll be on Regal Princess Nov 1, not solo.

joseyp

Brooklyn in the House! Whoot, whoot! :D I'm going to say something that may start WW III and get me flamed. We don't want to be alone... wait for it... Because we cannot stand our own company so we look for distractions from others wanting others to entertain us. We would rather eat with people we can't stand then to eat by ourselves.

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. (Or even a stateroom) :D

Ramona

Brooklyn in the House! Whoot, whoot! :D I'm going to say something that may start WW III and get me flamed. We don't want to be alone... wait for it... Because we cannot stand our own company so we look for distractions from others wanting others to entertain us. We would rather eat with people we can't stand then to eat by ourselves.

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. (Or even a stateroom) :D

Ramona

never would I want to dine with people I couldnt stand sometimes eating alone is better time to look atthe menue timeto chewandeat your deliciuous choises look atthe other diniers and talk to the waiters try it you"ll liker it :cool:

never would I want to dine with people I couldnt stand sometimes eating alone is better time to look atthe menue timeto chewandeat your deliciuous choises look atthe other diniers and talk to the waiters try it you"ll liker it :cool:

My comment regarding "we" was a corporate collective. I have no problem being by myself. I love, me, myself and I and I can't deal with drama. In my perspective, woman seem to have this issue more then men. I could be wrong.

Ramona

My comment regarding "we" was a corporate collective. I have no problem being by myself. I love, me, myself and I and I can't deal with drama. In my perspective, woman seem to have this issue more then men. I could be wrong.

Ramona

never thought of gender issues but I think that is it ! A man and a woman would handle being solo differently .Good perspective Ramons

I am a cruising from NYC to Southampton in October to change ships for a 17 night cruise to Venice, Italy, Spain and Croatia. Then heading to Paris & London since I haven’t been there before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like an amazing trip! Have fun x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a cruising from NYC to Southampton in October to change ships for a 17 night cruise to Venice, Italy, Spain and Croatia. Then heading to Paris & London since I haven’t been there before.

Sounds amazing!

I agree with the previous posters...…..this sounds like an amazing trip:D

I recall all too well several uncomfortable meals spent by my wife and myself with people who were unlikable or simply loved to hear themselves talk. Donna was always very, polite and was never rude, but afterwards would ask that we be seated somewhere else next time.

As I would be sailing solo, I personally wouldn't have a problem making some excuse and getting up during the meal. I could care less what some clueless fellow passenger thinks of me or my manners. To be honest, I'd probably have my meals in the buffet or via room service rather than take the chance of suffering through an uncomfortable hour or more.

First time solo traveler here...NCL Breakaway April 21-28. Definitely stepping out of my comfort zone; however, excited about what lies ahead.

Love the Breakaway. My favourite ship. Does it still have the Fat Cats lounge? If not, how is the new venue? Anyone been on the ship recently? The Breakaway class and NCL are great for solo cruisers. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall all too well several uncomfortable meals spent by my wife and myself with people who were unlikable or simply loved to hear themselves talk. Donna was always very, polite and was never rude, but afterwards would ask that we be seated somewhere else next time.

As I would be sailing solo, I personally wouldn't have a problem making some excuse and getting up during the meal. I could care less what some clueless fellow passenger thinks of me or my manners. To be honest, I'd probably have my meals in the buffet or via room service rather than take the chance of suffering through an uncomfortable hour or more.

First cruise ever I went with a group organized by an exercise instructor who has a propensity for arranging group adventures. Traveled solo but with the group of classmates, I found myself with some greedy, bossy, rude, intolerable folks in the MDR:eek: Ten day cruise, I found myself in the Buffet, one night at the specialty restaurant, seven out of the 10. One of the nights at the MDR was one of the two formals. All the other none MDR nights, I was by myself.

Ramona

So excited to be trying solo cruising! I always hate tying to find someone that wants to go on a cruise with me, so I'm going solo! Regal Princess March 31, 2019!!!

will be doing my favorite thing in my birthday, it is a sea day! For the past 8 years I have tried getting someone in my birthday cruise, so next year In doing what I want.

I am celebrating my birthday solo onboard the majesty of the seas on the oct 6th 4 night cruise to Cuba! Def looking for friendly people and fun!

Happy birthday! Let me know how your time in Cuba goes. I’m planning to go next year and am researching all the things to do

So excited to be trying solo cruising! I always hate tying to find someone that wants to go on a cruise with me, so I'm going solo! Regal Princess March 31, 2019!!!

will be doing my favorite thing in my birthday, it is a sea day! For the past 8 years I have tried getting someone in my birthday cruise, so next year In doing what I want.

Good for you! Never let what others don't do stop you from doing what you want to do. I saw my first Opera by myself when no one wanted to go with me. I went and had a blast. The person on my right, a woman, only spoke French, the person on my left, also a women, only spoke Italian and I struggle with English. The Opera, The Marriage of Figaro, we had a blast. It was so much fun with my new neighbors. We couldn't communicate verbally, but we communicated with gestures and laughter.

Ramona