Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Yes, I read thru a lot of the roll call. Lots of world cruise repeaters! Still, for me, I don't think i could prepare for 6 mos. away. or afford it.  Bon Voyage! It is coming up soon. I know you must be real excited. On Oceania, no less. My brother just did a Carib. one with them, and i must ask him how he liked it.

Edited by JoseyP
typo

4 hours ago, JoseyP said:

Yes, I read thru a lot of the roll call. Lots of world cruise repeaters! Still, for me, I don't think i could prepare for 6 mos. away. or afford it.  Bon Voyage! It is coming up soon. I know you must be real excited. On Oceania, no less. My brother just did a Carib. one with them, and i must ask him how he liked it.

I am on Oceania strictly for this fantastic itinerary...If one of the mainstream lines did the same, I would have booked on them...I really had to stretch my budget for this 'bucket list' cruise.   For the Caribbean, I would have gone on NCL, or RCI...:classic_smile:

I am booked February 9 on Star Flyer out of St Maarten and March 30 on Royal Clipper out of Barbados, fact they removed single supplement made these possible is a plus, different from main stream cruise ship but I find I enjoy these more, al the best to you all in 2019 for your cruises.  

3 hours ago, elklemi said:

I am booked February 9 on Star Flyer out of St Maarten and March 30 on Royal Clipper out of Barbados, fact they removed single supplement made these possible is a plus, different from main stream cruise ship but I find I enjoy these more, al the best to you all in 2019 for your cruises.  

I'm booked on Star Clipper for April 6 out of Phuket. I've wanted to try them for a while and no solo supplement sealed the deal. I prefer the small ship experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, travellingguy said:

I've done both solo trips and with partners - both are good experiences in different ways. Just got off the March 10th, 18 NCL Escape staying in the studios

Next up - NCL Breakaway (solo) - July 22, 2018

And then NCL Bliss (solo) - March 9, 2019

Hey!  I was also in the studios on the March 10th 2018 Escape and will be on the March 9th 2019 Bliss!  Were you in TT's group that went for dinners, shows and parties? 

Pat

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

A Question.  Do I have to read each post to find out if there are other solo passengers on my cruise?

Thanks,

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

No you don't but if your notifications are set correctly, you should get a notification that someone has "quoted" you which usually means someone has made a comment on your posts.  

I'm going single and solo on a 49 day cruise in Feb, the 2nd, and I've not found anyone here who is doing that cruise.  However, I am also on the Roll Call for that cruise (Royal Princess) and there are a few people traveling solo but they haven't posted here.  

Ramona

20 hours ago, NotThePest_Too said:

No you don't but if your notifications are set correctly, you should get a notification that someone has "quoted" you which usually means someone has made a comment on your posts.  

I'm going single and solo on a 49 day cruise in Feb, the 2nd, and I've not found anyone here who is doing that cruise.  However, I am also on the Roll Call for that cruise (Royal Princess) and there are a few people traveling solo but they haven't posted here.  

Ramona

Hi Ramona,

I got a notification that you replied to my post!  I joined my Roll Call about 2 months ago. I'm the 7th person, so nothing happening there yet. No conversation about any subject. I guess it's too early. I leave the last Sunday in March.

So, hey thanks for posting!

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi Ramona,

I got a notification that you replied to my post!  I joined my Roll Call about 2 months ago. I'm the 7th person, so nothing happening there yet. No conversation about any subject. I guess it's too early. I leave the last Sunday in March.

So, hey thanks for posting!

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

You may have to jump in and ask questions on your Roll Call.  I think because you are already registered on CC and in a Roll Call you have the ability to "peep" in on other Roll Calls.  Check out the Princess Roll Call February 2, 2019 Royal Princess South America Grand Adventure..  There are approx 300 Cruise Critic Handles  (usually two people, partners, per Handle) and over 130 pages (40 posts per page).  Albeit that thread has been going since Aug or 2017. 

All our Meet & Greets (3) are signed up on there.  I'm doing a Chair Aerobics class on sea days and I have signed up participants I'm tracking on a spreadsheet.  There are 55 folks willing to be worked out on Sea Days.  There are custom shirts that can be ordered, Pickleball Play, card games, cabin crawls,  Water Aerobics plus more stuff arranged through that Roll Call, as well as Private Excursions.    Sometimes ya just gotta jump in.  It also helps if your  itinerary  has a lot of sea days to do stuff.   We have on the Call, several language teachers who are willing  to have  informal language classes,  crafters who are willing to share their knowledge.  Ya just gotta jump in.  IF you start something, then you have to be organized tracking CC Handles hopefully people trust you to give you their email address and you give yours, cabin numbers so you can keep in touch.  If you have a Meet & Greet on board and include the executive Sr. Officers which include the Entertainment and Cruise Director, you can negotiate times and rooms for your events and be included in the Ship's daily newsletters.  

Anyway jump over and read or skim some of the conversations.  By the way, I'm a very new cruiser, my upcoming cruise will only have been my second cruise ever.

Feb 2nd Roll Call

Ramona

Some cruises have very active roll calls,  and others do not.   This only correlates to participant sponsored activities on a superficial level.    If you look at the daily news sheet for activities and are open to new experiences,  you should have a great time whether or not the cruise critic group is large.

Anne

On 12/19/2018 at 9:17 PM, Pat.D said:

Hi - no I wasn't in that group.  I was there with friends who were in other cabins.

I do love the studios though and can't wait to the Bliss

On 12/19/2018 at 9:17 PM, Pat.D said:

Hey!  I was also in the studios on the March 10th 2018 Escape and will be on the March 9th 2019 Bliss!  Were you in TT's group that went for dinners, shows and parties? 

Pat

• Like 1

Hi Skipperanne,

Having a great time is certainly what I'm looking forward to on my 1st Solo cruise! 🤗🛳 .   I was thinking that many daily activities I already do are by myself, on cruises with my husband! 🙂  Just the Solo dinner question keeps popping up in my head. 

Thanks for replying !

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

4 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi Skipperanne,

Having a great time is certainly what I'm looking forward to on my 1st Solo cruise! 🤗🛳 .   I was thinking that many daily activities I already do are by myself, on cruises with my husband! 🙂  Just the Solo dinner question keeps popping up in my head. 

Thanks for replying !

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Hi Bobbi.   Before I found Cruise Critic and thus my Roll Call, my travel agent put me down for Traditional Dinning in a group if ten (I'm booked on Royal Princess). I now know if the group is not to my liking, i can have my table changed. My first cruise I didn't know that so I suffered two days then ate in the buffet and I knew those people, LOL One of my exercise instructors arranges  yearly cruises. Lesson:. Just because you know people in class, doesn't mean  you should vacation with them. I had a fabulous time hanging with people I didn't know. Thank goodness I did a solo cabin cause I would have ran screaming off the ship. 

Ramona

• Like 1

Carnival - March 21, 2019 - My first solo cruise.  I know it’s only a 4 day cruise so probably not too many solos.  But I’m so anxious to take a solo cruise and I just got back from a cruise with friends in November.  This was all the budget would allow.  Next winter I'm doing a solo cruise on Norwegian.  Saving for it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

Emerald Princess round-trip LA/Hawaii, this coming January 18th (two weeks from this coming Friday).  Celebrating my retirement which officially begins tomorrow! 😁

Congratulations!   Enjoy your retirement and don't forget to continual take care of yourself.

Ramona

On 1/2/2019 at 2:54 PM, elycelynne said:

Emerald Princess round-trip LA/Hawaii, this coming January 18th (two weeks from this coming Friday).  Celebrating my retirement which officially begins tomorrow! 😁

Congratulations on your retirement! I know how it feels. and enjoy your cruise. It's a great retirement present to yourself.

JoseyP