Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

15 hours ago, NotThePest_Too said:

I posted a couple of months ago but am doing it again.  I have a little over two month count-down for the Royal Princess' South American Grand Adventure 49 days.  Anyone on here going on the adventure?

Wow! 49 days around South America. Colour me jealous. I hope you have the best of times. Will you be posting a "Live from..." thread either here or in the Princess forum?  I would love to hear about your experiences and impressions of this voyage.

As for me, I'm just under 2 months from sailing on the Emerald from L.A. to Hawaii. The trip can't come soon enough.

3 hours ago, Croptop said:

Wow! 49 days around South America. Colour me jealous. I hope you have the best of times. Will you be posting a "Live from..." thread either here or in the Princess forum?  I would love to hear about your experiences and impressions of this voyage.

As for me, I'm just under 2 months from sailing on the Emerald from L.A. to Hawaii. The trip can't come soon enough.

I haven't even considered posting a "Live from..." I would have to learn how to do that.  What I will be doing is keeping a video journal for my Grand Kids, 3 & 7, and probably making a "secret" Facebook page for a few of my friends and relatives. 

We have a very active Roll Call, over 110 pages @ 40 post per page with a lot of people volunteering their time to do seminars, water aerobics, hosting High Teas, Cabin Crawls, Slot Pulls, Poker Games, etc I myself will be heading up Chair Aerobic Classes, two per day, (53 CC members signed up)  on Sea Days and organizing Pickleball play, also on Sea Days.    Hope I don't come back to land needing a vacation from my vacation.

Ramona

Edited by NotThePest_Too

I took advantage yesterday of the $1.00 deposit promo offered by Princess and booked a California Coastal b2b with a Mexican Riviera cruise for April/May 2020 on the Royal Princess. I also received complementary gratuities and as a solo, the full OBC for the cabin. I never book cruises or trips this far out, but I’ve not been on these cruises and the $1.00 promo along with the other extras convinced me to make this my birthday trip for 2020 (already had my 2019 birthday trip booked).

Edited by SteelMagnolia9
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 2:30 PM, saatuk said:

Well, I've got 3 cruises from Southampton coming up fast. 

First is a Mystery cruise on Fred. Olsen's Balmoral Nov 12, followed by back-to-back cruises on P & O's Aurora - Nov 28 Northern Lights and Dec 10 Baltic.  I'm very interested in seeing what British market cruises are like. I suspect being above the Arctic Circle in December is going to be kinda different.

Bryan

Hope you are having a great trip, Bryan. When you come back, will you give a short report on these cruises?  I be interested hearing about them from a solo North American traveler perspective.

Been away from cruising a number of years, but recently completed my first solo cruise in (ahem) 42 years.  A NCL repositioning cruise booked for R&R after a grueling work period....oh, and yeh, my birthday fell in the time slot too. That called for a balcony.

I also jumped at the Cunard computer glitch that got me a 12 day Canary Islands cruise on the Queen Elizabeth Dec 17-29, 2018 for hundreds rather than thousands of dollars. As the glitch only benefited solos, there will be a number of us on this ship. It isn't the transatlantic itinerary of my Cunard dreams, but I'll accept any Cunard experience....I expect it will only be once.

16 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Had such a great time as a solo on the Epic TA earlier this month that I just booked the Star TA for April, going solo again!

I am looking for a TA but have to wait until next Fall....after 2 budgeted cruises this Fall.  Enjoy!

19 hours ago, texascat said:

Did you have a great trip?

Yes!  it was very relaxing, and i thought the service was great.  Food very good also. This is a beautiful, elegant ship. We stayed in Florida longer, since my hub is from there. Just got home!  I hope you enjoy Regal princess also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoseyP said:

Holy Cow! 6 months!  I love cruising, but i don't think even I could do six months.  I hope you enjoy every minute of it. It must be a lot of preparation.

Thanks!   It is a lot of prep...if curious browse thru my cruise's CC roll call....  

Edited by bob brown

On 12/5/2018 at 4:05 PM, bob brown said:

Thanks!   It is a lot of prep...if curious browse thru my cruise's CC roll call....  

Hi,   I did look at a lot of the role call. Very interesting. Learned a lot---I don't think I could prepare for a long trip like that.  I havent been out of Brooklyn for more than 8 weeks at a time, in my whole life.  The visas, possible immunizations---and what about all your bills at home?

2 hours ago, JoseyP said:

Hi,   I did look at a lot of the role call. Very interesting. Learned a lot---I don't think I could prepare for a long trip like that.  I havent been out of Brooklyn for more than 8 weeks at a time, in my whole life.  The visas, possible immunizations---and what about all your bills at home?

Oceania paid for all the required visa's, and helped us obtain them.   The only immunization they recommended was for yellow fever, and that was only for one port (Cartagena).   I have been there before, and decided I don't need it.   As for bills, I will prepay my 6 month's rent, and my credit card and other bills are paid automatically from my checking account.  The only problem is doing my taxes before all the paperwork comes, but I will send in more than what I think I will owe, and ask for an extension, and do a revision when I get home.

If you read thru all the posts on that almost 2 year long roll call, I am amazed...but there was plenty of advice from cruise mates that have done a full world cruise at least once already....

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to it.   Thanks for asking...

And Bon Voyage to you, on your cruise on the Escape...I love cruising solo on NCL....:classic_wink::classic_smile: