Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

7 hours ago, travelnap said:

Sailing on the Eurodam on November 2nd.   Mexican Riveria again, but it is much better than a week at work.  Happy Sailing.

Hi Neil, have a great cruise:classic_biggrin:

I am taking a river cruise out of Venice, Italy on Oct 13th:classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, lionsfan99 said:

I'm about to book Silver Sea Wind Feb 3 - 13, 2020.  Solo traveler!  How is Silver Sea with solo's?  I've done Viking solo and it was great.  I'm mid 40 ish female!

I sailed solo twice with SS and loved both cruises😁hope you have a wonderful time!

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 1:51 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Neil, have a great cruise:classic_biggrin:

I am taking a river cruise out of Venice, Italy on Oct 13th:classic_biggrin:

Hi Lois, Are you cruising on the PO river there in Northern Italy?  That should be a great trip and some beautiful scenery for you.  Hope you are staying safe down there in Jacksonville with Dorian.  It has certainly been a strange hurricane the way it just parked over the Bahamas.  Hopefully it will stay far enough off shore that you won't get any major damage down there.  Good Luck and enjoy your river cruise.  Neil

Hey Neil😁yes, sailing on The Po.

We are doing ok here actually, thanks for thinking of us. Looks like it is just some wind and not much rain here either.

My heart goes out to the people of The Bahamas for sure...

I will be travelling on Azamara Pursuit , Jan 5, 2000 from Buenos Aires. Although I will be rooming with friends, they are a couple and I don't always want to be the 3rd wheel.  There are a lot of sea days on this cruise. I'm looking for others to hang out with some days or to join up  with us for outings.

To those who travel solo:

I too travel solo and am tired of paying double.  Cruises N Maritime, and Fred Olsen have some cruises withOUT single supplement.  Cunard only surcharges 150%!!

You might want to look into their pricing.  Just a heads up.

Ciao

Ann Marie 

Tempe, AZ

I've been on several cruises - Silversea. Regent Seven Seas, Crystal - and I have never paid double.  Sure, there are some destinations that hardly ever have lower single supplements but I've gotten as low as 10% on Silversea.  Do your homework!

Sure, you have never paid "double". That is because you are traveling on luxury lines. They already charge double or triple a fare of a "regular" cruise line.  I am sure Mr GTV cruiser, who has basically started this thread and been on zillions of cruises, has done his homework.

As much as I like to not pay a lot of extra money for a solo, in the end of the day, I'll pay what I need to to get the trip I want (or I guess I won't do it at all, if it comes to it).

I'm definitely paying double on my Panama Canal cruise, but it's 16 days (my longest yet), and it's a spa balcony in a prime location--I decided to live a little. 🙂 But then on my next cruise after that, I'm in an awful little solo cabin down in steerage, but I don't really care and the cruise is already costly, as it's a holiday.

Bless Royal Caribbean for giving double points for double rooms booked as solos, though.

Roll call wise, my next solos are as follows (and are in my signature):

Star Trek: the Cruise IV (March 2020)

NCL Bliss - Panama Canal (November 2020)

RCL Adventure of the Seas - Western Caribbean (December 2020)

I did the Panama Canal cruise solo on Princess a couple of years ago over Christmas and New Year's. We spent Christmas Day going through the canal. For me, it was fine, but then I don't mind doing things by myself. There really weren't that many families (at least not with small children), but it was also a 15-day cruise. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding dining companions, or meeting people with whom to do things. And there may be other solos on your trip as well. Bon voyage! (Note: I'm doing another 15-day solo this holiday season - Buenos Aires to Santiago on Celebrity.)

• Like 1