Catagories by Ship What do they Mean?

Im a seasoned cruiser but I was told if I want to book another cruise its by category now>? What does that mean? The lower you are its by letters, will someone explain this to me?

I was told that my new upcoming cruise is Category L what does this mean thanks Sweet grl

Cruise lines use codes to identify the types of cabins and set the prices. The codes vary by cruise line. I sail on Princess so I am familiar with them. Mini-suites all begin with A, so the best (mist expensive) mini's are AA. AB is a little cheaper and not quite as desirable (location). Balconies begin with B, so BA is the "best" and most expensive.

Im a seasoned cruiser but I was told if I want to book another cruise its by category now>? What does that mean? The lower you are its by letters, will someone explain this to me?

I was told that my new upcoming cruise is Category L what does this mean thanks Sweet grl

What ship are you sailing on?

Carnival uses numbers and letters.

Numbers designate what type of cabin and letters designate the level.

4K is a very high inside cabin.

8A is the lowest balcony cabin.

Category "naming" is not consistent between lines. Just look at the deck plan for the ship you are considering. In brochures and on most on line sites, each specific category is color coded as well as alpha/numeric coded. IE: on a deck plan for a specific ship, all of the "AA" category cabins are light green, regardless of the deck they are on or the location of them, all of the "M" category cabins are yellow, regardless of the deck they're on their location. Etc, etc. The legend at the bottom of the deck plan will usually tell you the sq ft of each category, what's included in the cabin category, and there usually is a blue print of the lay out of each category. Without seeing something on paper, or someone describing your cabin, you'd have no way of knowing anything about a cabin or it's location on the ship if someone just said, "Would you like to book a "CC" category cabin?"

Archived