Princess EZAir cancelled my tickets

weberman

DON'T TRUST PRINCESS EZAIR RECHECK YOUR RESERVATIONS

Just happened to sign on to my Cruise Personalizer and found that my airline tickets purchased and paid for on December 7, 2012 (charged to my credit card) on Air Berlin have been cancelled by Princess.

Princess says the tickets were not paid for, but yet they show the payment made on December 7 for the full amount of the restricted tickets. Princess says the money was applied as a down payment on the cruise and not applied to the airfare so they cancelled the air reservations.

I just called Air Berlin and found that I no longer have a reservation with Air Berlin.

So, Princess is not admitting they made a mistake :confused:, but that they will try to get my reservation restored, but they don't know if it will be the same price which it better be.

I have paid the travel agent in full and it shows the airfare paid in full.

I had just called Air Berlin and reconfirmed my seats about a week ago and the reservation was still good. So Princess screwed up in the last week. Good thing I just happened to check my Personalizer or I would not have known until I attempted to do the online check in the night before and find that I have no reservation.,

If Princess does not get me my reservations back at the same price there is going to be a fire storm on my part.

Princess is going to have the air department call me on Monday about what can be done. Also, my travel agent only works Monday through Friday (Nice huh) so he is of no help.

I will post the results of this fiasco on Monday.

Thanks for the heads up, Weberman. We purchased tickets through Princess EZAir for our flight to Venice this October. Our flight and cruise were paid in full in March. I'll keep checking my Personalizer to make sure nothing goes wrong with our reservations.

Thanks for the heads up on this! We also booked our air with the cruise line, and had to pay in full for our tickets to get the flights and pricing we wanted.

I recall that a couple months ago this happened to someone else (just like the OP). At that time I checked our cruise personalizer on the Princess website and it didn't even show I had airfare. So I contacted my TA and he confirmed that our tickets were booked with seating assignment and even sent a screen shot.

So now I'm double checking. It is still not in our cruise personalizer on the Princess website. My TA never actually gave me confirmations numbers, so I can't look it up on the airline website. If I try to look up our reservation using our freq. flyer miles, nothing shows up. And to top it off, I can't even find that flight schedule! Maybe it's chartered? But I would doubt it since we did an air deviation to a different city other than our embarkation port.

To the OP, our TA only works Mon-Fri also. I've sent an email to my TA asking for confirmation numbers. I'll see if I can look it up on the airline website after that. I hope everything works out okay. Thanks again for the heads up.

Princess is going to have the air department call me on Monday about what can be done. Also, my travel agent only works Monday through Friday (Nice huh) so he is of no help.

First, good luck with this. This is what TA's are for.

Secondly, even if your TA worked today, I doubt there would be much to do as Princess's air program is not staffed on weekends. They would have to wait until Monday to call. They probably could have re-assured you that they would be on it first thing on Monday but I doubt it would have been resolved. I had a friend who had an air crisis (couldn't fly to embark due to an earthquake at the main destination airport) with Princess over a weekend and was told to call back on Monday.

Princess said the money I paid for EZAir was applied to the booking as a partial payment. :mad:

Well I just found copies of the E-Tickets that were issued and it shows that the full amount was charged to my credit card to pay for the airfare E-Tickets.

Somebody at Princess screwed up big time but they don't want to admit it! :confused:

It will be interesting to see what they come up with as an excuse on Monday! :eek:

Thanks for the support! :)

Bill

If you have an e-ticket and a confirmation or reservation code - 6 letters - go to Virtuallythere.com - I never check cruise personalizer for ez air - the actual e-tickets and details for flights booked through booked through Princess are on virtually there not on your cruise personalizer. The full details are always on the sabre site ( virtually there). If you were issued an e ticket there should be a copy on there. You have to punch in your confirmation code as per your e ticket; on the second screen the code is PRINCESS. The airline issues the e-ticket 45 days prior to the relevant cruise however they do not show up on the airlines web cite.

Hope that all works out for you!

If you have an e-ticket and a confirmation or reservation code - 6 letters - go to Virtuallythere.com - I never check cruise personalizer for ez air - the actual e-tickets and details for flights booked through booked through Princess are on virtually there not on your cruise personalizer. The full details are always on the sabre site ( virtually there). If you were issued an e ticket there should be a copy on there. You have to punch in your confirmation code as per your e ticket; on the second screen the code is PRINCESS. The airline issues the e-ticket 45 days prior to the relevant cruise however they do not show up on the airlines web cite.

Hope that all works out for you!

Greetings, Cancun01: I just tried viewing our airline reservation on virtuallythere.com and was unsuccessful. I entered our 6 digit reservation code and our last name; that didn't work, so I tried again by entering the 6 digit code and PRINCESS. I keep receiving a error message asking me to enter the correct code and last name. Any idea of where I went wrong?

Princess said the money I paid for EZAir was applied to the booking as a partial payment. :mad:

Well I just found copies of the E-Tickets that were issued and it shows that the full amount was charged to my credit card to pay for the airfare E-Tickets.

Somebody at Princess screwed up big time but they don't want to admit it! :confused:

It will be interesting to see what they come up with as an excuse on Monday! :eek:

Bill

Partial payment?... yikes! I'd be surprised if they told us that, because we paid in full for cruise and air to get the pricing and flights we wanted.

How far in advance did you receive your e-tickets to your sailing date?

DON'T TRUST PRINCESS EZAIR RECHECK YOUR RESERVATIONS...Princess is going to have the air department call me on Monday about what can be done. Also, my travel agent only works Monday through Friday (Nice huh) so he is of no help.

I will post the results of this fiasco on Monday.

Even if your TA worked 24 hrs. a day, it wouldn't matter. He cannot make Princess open their air department on a weekend. They are open M-F, so your TA would not be able to do a thing until then. No other Princess reps can help with this, it has to go thru the air dept.

Partial payment?... yikes! I'd be surprised if they told us that, because we paid in full for cruise and air to get the pricing and flights we wanted.

How far in advance did you receive your e-tickets to your sailing date?

I bought Restricted Non-Refundable tickets so the E-Tickets with Seat Assignments were issued the day I bought them! :(

Even if your TA worked 24 hrs. a day, it wouldn't matter. He cannot make Princess open their air department on a weekend. They are open M-F, so your TA would not be able to do a thing until then. No other Princess reps can help with this, it has to go thru the air dept.

I understand that. However the Travel Agency that I deal with is open seven days a week. Just commenting that my agent happens to have the weekend off and only works M-F. I don't expect an answer from Princess before Monday.

Just pointing out that Princess is not accepting responsibility for cancelling my paid for reservations. :mad: They just say they will see what they can do and were not willing to accept responsibility for canceling the flights. And my point is they better restore my flights with equal reservations and seat assignments as it is NOT MY FAULT!:eek:

Bill

You've got 'em dead to rights. They'll most likely just purchase you new tickets at no charge to you, no matter what it costs them.

I hope this doesn't ruin the rest of your weekend, try not to lose any more sleep. It will be OK.

BTW, ask for First Class ... :rolleyes:

Greetings, Cancun01: I just tried viewing our airline reservation on virtuallythere.com and was unsuccessful. I entered our 6 digit reservation code and our last name; that didn't work, so I tried again by entering the 6 digit code and PRINCESS. I keep receiving a error message asking me to enter the correct code and last name. Any idea of where I went wrong?

I had a look at our booking. On your cruise personalizer there are 3 numbers under 'FLIGHT AND TRANSFERS' - cruise booking number, the air booking number and the confirmation number. When you log onto virtually there.com to confuse things it says type your reservation code' ; this is the confirmation number as showing the cruise personalizer - it is the last of the 3 numbers ( 6 letters); punch this in plus your surname where indicated. The next screen asks for your email or password - use PRINCESS ( I have never been able to get it to work under my email). Hopefully this will work. I noticed that it is 80 days until your cruise. In my experience the virtually there.com information does not show up until approximately 45 days before the cruise. It is my understanding that if paid in full the e-'tickets will be issued at that time. To add to the confusion the confirmation number is also known by the airlines as your "file locator' which I found out when I wanted to book seats.

Hope that this works for you.

I bought Restricted Non-Refundable tickets so the E-Tickets with Seat Assignments were issued the day I bought them! :(

We bought flexible air so we could cancel up to 45 days before our flights. We did get seat assignments, but no e-ticket.

I had a look at our booking. On your cruise personalizer there are 3 numbers under 'FLIGHT AND TRANSFERS' - cruise booking number, the air booking number and the confirmation number. When you log onto virtually there.com to confuse things it says type your reservation code' ; this is the confirmation number as showing the cruise personalizer - it is the last of the 3 numbers ( 6 letters); punch this in plus your surname where indicated. The next screen asks for your email or password - use PRINCESS ( I have never been able to get it to work under my email). Hopefully this will work. I noticed that it is 80 days until your cruise. In my experience the virtually there.com information does not show up until approximately 45 days before the cruise. It is my understanding that if paid in full the e-'tickets will be issued at that time. To add to the confusion the confirmation number is also known by the airlines as your "file locator' which I found out when I wanted to book seats.

Do you know how it works for flexible air? I don't understand why we don't have these numbers in our cruise personalizer. Flexible air is a type of ticket, just like restricted.

We bought flexible air so we could cancel up to 45 days before our flights. We did get seat assignments, but no e-ticket.

Do you know how it works for flexible air? I don't understand why we don't have these numbers in our cruise personalizer. Flexible air is a type of ticket, just like restricted.

I am not sure but I don't think that the type of fare matters. According to the information on my cruise personalizer ticketing information from the airline may not be available until 30 days before the booking and the airline may not have the information about the booking until 45 days before. I am not saying that it doesn't happen but we have never received our e-tickets at the time of booking. It was always closer to the trip.

I know this is the Princess Boards but I booked our flights thru RCL Choice Air and paid with a Credit Card. I have confirmation thru Qantus and this morning went in and checked our Reservations to Sydney next year and we are still ok., I will continue to monitor our Reserv regularly. Following the booking I was instructed to go to Qantus to get our seats.

Weberman I hope Princess makes this right for you

We purchase restricted fare EZ-Air and pay for the air fare at time of booking so we get ticketed right away. We also buy Princess Platinum insurance in case we need to cancel. Covers both cruise and flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

we booked flights through EZ Air and I went on cruise personalizer after the earlier post about the cancelled reservations to see my flights to make sure they were still there. There was nothing showing they were listed, even though we were completely paid in full for both flights and cruise. So I tried clicking on book air and there are my flights listed with seats assigned, etc. Why it doesn't show up as booked on cruise personalizer is the bigger question.

there is a different reservation number listed there, as well as a booking number for each (2) flight.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you must fully pay for both your flight and cruise fare to lock in your restricted EZair. You cannot pay for your EZair only and wait until closer to final payment date to pay your cruise fare. I think your TA should have been aware of this and advised you accordingly. Good luck in straightening it all out. I am seeing some reductions in EZair this past week.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you must fully pay for both your flight and cruise fare to lock in your restricted EZair. You cannot pay for your EZair only and wait until closer to final payment date to pay your cruise fare. I think your TA should have been aware of this and advised you accordingly. Good luck in straightening it all out. I am seeing some reductions in EZair this past week.

These are two different animals.. Withe restricted you pay for the tickets and get your tickets and seat assignments, there id NO REFUND Or CANCELLATION. It is use them or lose them.

Flexible tickets have the ability to cancel or change them.

The biggest difference is that in order to get Flexible you have to have the entire cruise paid for to purchase the Flexible EZAir where with Restricted you do not!

The Flexible tickets were about $150 a personles than Restricted, but I did not want to pay for the entire cruise in December just to get Flexible tickets.

Archived