Poll- Which SHIP is your favorite and why???

Looking at scheduling our next cruise since September will be here before we know it! Here is my question, which ship has been your favorite and what is/are the reason(s) why???????

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes: :) :cool:

Guest maddycat

The Explorer is my favorite RCI ship. It has a wonderful friendly crew. Best of all it sails from my home port, Bayonne, NJ.

While I really like Freedom, my favorite is Vision. Have sailed her 3 times and have 2 more scheduled. Main reason is personal, but I had had some serious health problems. To heal my mind after some surgeries we decided to go on an Alaskan cruise. First one in 18 years. It was Vision. She did everything I needed and I will always love her. I know someday she will leave the fleet, but I will sail her as often as I can until then (others as well, but Vision, she is special).

The Allure if only considering the ship. But the best cruise was on the Voyager because of the fellow cruisers. And have a fondness for the Rhapsody because it was our first. Your first is always so special.

We have also cruised on HAL (3 times) and Carnival (6 times) and the 3 RCL ships are still my favorite. Did love the Westerdam on HAL and the best Carnival ship was the Triumph.

Adventure of the Seas

Not too big, not too small, just perfect. Never got "lost" trying to find my way back to my cabin. Great service, great ports.

Have been on Enchantment (just a little too small), Freedom (not bad, but just a different vibe than I was looking for), and NCL Pearl (good size ship, but confusing layout, no central meeting area, felt like it was missing something, loved the bowling at sea--what a riot!)

:)

Allure is just amazing in my book. So much to do and see! While Mariner will always have a special place in my heart, as I was married aboard her, I love the bells and whistles of Allure! And she's currently (1/2 the time) captained by Captain Johnny who was the captain o. The mariner way back when so that sealed the connection for me!! I know that's a personal thing but its my reason!! :)

Radiance without a question. It's the perfect size, an easy layout to navigate, a great Centrum area, and beautiful sea views from so many locations - the Windjammer aft outdoor eating area, the Schooner Bar, Colony Club, Martini Bar, Viking Crown lounge. 57 nights aboard so far - hope she stays around long enough to do more!

I have sailed on every class of ship, and they are all wonderful.

Our first RCCL cruise was on Explorer and we loved it! The Royal Promenade is fun to walk and people watch.

Serenade OTS(Radiance class) is a very special experience--the ship is decorated in a less flashy, but very elegant style. We loved the library and card room. All the glass windows really enhance the feeling of being at sea. The Solarium area is the best of any class. I'd sail this ship and her sisters in Radiance class for any length cruise. Probably next year one of the Radiance ships for Alaska.

We've sailed on Monarch and Grandeur, both for short cruises, and had a great time, but I wouldn't choose them for a longer itinerary, since the bigger ships have more to do.

We loved both Allure and Oasis, especially the nightly entertainment and the variety of restaurants. I'd love to go again, but the itinerary is limited.

We are on Freedom OTS in October, my second time and the first for DH.

I love this ship, and it too has great activities. we've booked a GS for our first suite experience, and we are really looking forward to it. We're driving from Atlanta, so Port Canaveral is a good port. We usually fly to depart from FLL. We will miss the Park Café.

Freedom so far.. Couldn't imagine a ship any bigger. Good layout, easy to get around, relevant activities, crew seemed upbeat and happy, and best of all the port is 2 hours from the house.

I love Freedom as well. The ocean can be seen from many venues across the ship. The Promenade is awesome and I love the solarium. The shows are very well produced and it's awesome to go out on the bow of the ship at night.

Oasis, while being in a class of it's own in the cruise ship industry, has to come in second for me. I love it from an engineering aspect. Central Park is very unique but the boardwalk fell short IMO. And I don't like how the sea isn't as big a focal point in areas throughout the interior of the ship. I felt almost like they were looking for a hotel feel and not a ship feel. And of course I miss not going out on the bow.

What about overall? I know I will get opinions that are biased to the board I posted on, but I posed the question on multiple cruiseline boards...

:o Sorry ... since your question was posted here on the RCCL board, I thought you meant our favorite RCCL ship which is Oasis for us.

Our actual favorite (all lines) is Island Princess! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Radiance of the seas it was our first and like they say you always remember your first love.The Radiance is why we will only ever cruise with RCL :D

I feel exactly this way about the Grandeur. But I love all the ships I have been on. Oddly, I would say the Navigator was my least favorite.

Archived