Holland America to Introduce a New Promotion Called Explore4

LAFFNVEGAS

but based on what I read here on CC (thanks!) I emailed my TA this AM. She was able to add it to my existing reservation with no increase in fare. And was told that I would still have all my OBC (FCC/FCD and Welcome Back). When the confirmation came from HAL the Welcome Back OBC had been dropped off - that led to the long conference call with the TA, HAL supervisor and me. I got it back and the new confirmation shows it.

Even if you are told you won't lose any OBC I suggest you look at the written confirmation to make sure.

My PPC just replied that it would require rebooking to get the Explore 4 package and prices have gone up substantially since we originally booked. Grrrr! :mad:

I think your PPC is giving you the runaround. None of us have had to rebook.

My TA (the one who originally booked Explore4 for a 2014 cruise) told me when I asked about 2013 said HAL told her that we have the best promotion with OBC that they offer, so we can't get it. I'm tempted to call HAL myself.

I just got off the phone with HAL, it seems that there has in fact been a lot of tweaking of the system with the changes especially today. This was not to go LIVE till the 29th but they went ahead and rolled it out causing much of some of the pricing to be extremely inflated when they placed in the system. Most have now been corrected and yes now the pricing is showing this available for all the sailings that are listed for the Explore4. There are some odd sailings here and there that you would think should qualify but do not. HAL is going to be quite busy in the upcoming days with people calling in to add this to existing reservations of 2014.

I think your PPC is giving you the runaround. None of us have had to rebook.

My TA (the one who originally booked Explore4 for a 2014 cruise) told me when I asked about 2013 said HAL told her that we have the best promotion with OBC that they offer, so we can't get it. I'm tempted to call HAL myself.

I had to rebook to get the promotion. It seems to depend on who you get on the other end of the line as to whether they make you rebook or not.

I'm just wondering why some are able to get it with no upcharge and others not? I was in the boat that there was an upcharge as Lisa described earlier. It wasn't worth it for us to take it (cost more than it was worth).

It seems strange that some are getting it with no up charge. perhaps they are fixing the pricing slowly?? One can only hope

My PPC just replied that it would require rebooking to get the Explore 4 package and prices have gone up substantially since we originally booked. Grrrr! :mad:

Retracking my words - and I would suggest you have your PCC re check.

As per Lisa's post, this is all new. My TA just emailed me and she has now gotten us the Explorer4 option on our cruise at no extra cost:):):)

I think HAL just wasn't ready so for those that were in my boat (so to speak) follow up:) Thanks to my wonderful TA for doing this - I never asked - she just did it:D

Just got off the phone will HAL and had the drink package and complimentary dinner added to our existing reservation for Alaska 2014. Took less than 5 minutes and no questions asked about an email.

Thank you HAL!!

I'm surprised that people are saying this is not to be unveiled until the 29th... I received a HAL brochure earlier this week (monday or tuesday)... and didn't even realize that it has this promotion on the cover.

The cover says "Explore4 cruise catalog"... there's a younger couple on the cover, the woman is an asian wearing a red dress.

who knows, maybe the post office delivered mine too early.

oh, and for the record, I'm a 1 star mariner (just 1 7 day cruise previously) not a travel agent... although i have been hitting the HAL website frequently lately checking on a carib. cruise for January or December... so i've been getting alot of mailings lately... about once every 3 weeks. For those that want more mail from HAL... enter your Mariner ID number when searching for cruises.

Well I'm a four star and I have got crap from HAL...So much for loyalty.

I called Ship Services to Reserve the offered Pinnacle Grill in my Explore 4 offer and was told the reservation is made by the staff ahead of time and you must attend that day/time only.

I went back to the Explore 4 web screen and linked to the Terms and Conditions and read the official wording for it and the other items. Note no chance for random drawing for a Le Cirque night!!!

You will receive the reservation in your cabin on your embarkation day.

I have always enjoyed the Pinnacle Grill dining experience, and look forward to our surprise day and time.

I saw this in the fine print also. Not really thrilled with someone else deciding when we'll have our Pinnacle dinner, but have decided I won't worry about it. Like many things, what is written and what actually happens onboard can be two totally different things.

If nothing else, if we aren't thrilled with the time slot we get, we may see if we can change it once onboard. Can't hurt to try. :)

on the master list, what is the difference in the last column if the column has a blank, an "x" or an "x*" ?

the description at the top is cut off, says something about indicating ????

my sailing is on the master list, but the last column is blank....so wondering what that means.

when I called HAl they said it applied, now they tell my TA no........so hopefully he will go to bat for me, as to what I was told. however, I need to know what thenlast column signifies.

I figure if the cruise is on the master list, then t is applicable?

I just don't get it. I am a 4 star Mariner having sailed with HAL 17 times. I have signed up to receive promotional e-mails and mailings more times than I can count. I get absolutely no info from HAL at all. No promotions, no flash sales, no notices of new programs. Not a notice of a new e-edition of The Mariner. NADA!! After our cruise last November the folks we sailed with, 3 star Mariners, got the welcome home offer. We got nothing. Apparently loyalty gets you nothing. I'm tired of being ignored and am ready to try a different cruise line.

And yes, I check my junk mail too.

Hi

Thinking we can say goodbye to wine stewardsin the MDR. How long will you have to wait for that glass of wine?

I would never drink that much 39.00 a day each person.

HAl will be getting a lot of drunks if people buy this package.

A room of 4 around 160. a day. what a rip off

Mary

I just don't get it. I am a 4 star Mariner having sailed with HAL 17 times. I have signed up to receive promotional e-mails and mailings more times than I can count. I get absolutely no info from HAL at all. No promotions, no flash sales, no notices of new programs. Not a notice of a new e-edition of The Mariner. NADA!! After our cruise last November the folks we sailed with, 3 star Mariners, got the welcome home offer. We got nothing. Apparently loyalty gets you nothing. I'm tired of being ignored and am ready to try a different cruise line.

And yes, I check my junk mail too.

I'm in the same boat as you. I get nada. I know people say it's because it goes to junk mail. It's not going there....we get nothing!

I'm in the same boat as you. I get nada. I know people say it's because it goes to junk mail. It's not going there....we get nothing!

Truthfully I was getting absolutely nothing either for many many years till we canceled that Eurodam cruise, then WOW like opening up the flood gates about 2 weeks after I canceled. We had nothing booked with them and suddenly we get both snail mail and several emails a week. I honestly think the key is NOT to have a cruise booked with them.

Ditto.......

Ditto-ditto. (or is that "tritto"? ;))

Haven't sailed HAL in years and Im flooded with offers. Mind you, not for the level I sail.

"S" and "SA" cabins aren't usually 'on special offer' until they start doing the low cost upsells. Whenever we book, there are no 'deals' for us.

Hummm, maybe we will be looking to book again. I just emailed my TA to see if we can get option 1 and 2. 3 and 4 don't apply to us now we are already booked and got the reduced fare for the 3rd and 4th passengers.

I wonder if this will be included in offers for FCC? Sorry if this has been addressed - I haven't read the whole thread as DS is going to camp for the first time tomorrow morning and I have been busy labelling, washing and packing him up! Boy the house will be quiet and empty without him about.

Hi

Thinking we can say goodbye to wine stewardsin the MDR. How long will you have to wait for that glass of wine?

I would never drink that much 39.00 a day each person.

HAl will be getting a lot of drunks if people buy this package.

A room of 4 around 160. a day. what a rip off

Mary

first of all - I would never drink HAL's glasses at dinner;) I don't think the at the wine stewards (or stewardesses) are going anywhere - at least I hope not!

No one has to drink the total amount - but if it saves them a bit of money for what they drink and they have already booked - why not?

I don't think HAL will have a lot of drunks - read the post by Hitner and Randy where the alcohol is included in his fare - no drunks.

that's like saying if I take beverage cards we will be drunk - we left with obc applied (which I know isn't wise) - but that's the way it was - we hosted wine tastings, meet and greets and had drinks on the ship - the I wobble out -DH will divorce me:rolleyes: but we certainly made good use of our cards:rolleyes:

So, I would think that this package would be the same - some will use it but I don't think we will be on a drunken floating barge:)