Luggage tags/favorite Bermuda beach

Lau92080

When exactly did NCL stop sending luggage tags in the mail? I have been waiting for them and finally called NCL only to be told I have to print them myself on paper??? and put them on my luggage?? I sailed the Star last yr and was sent my tags, what happened?? this makes me mad:mad:

On a better note, what is your favorite beach in Bermuda?? Child friendly and beautiful, thoughts?:D

Was your last cruise in a suite? Suite passengers get sent luggage tags, otherwise its been a couple of years since you had to print them out. Not a big deal at all, just look through your edocs for the right page, so you don't have to print out all the unnecessary pages wasting ink.

Was your last cruise in a suite? Suite passengers get sent luggage tags, otherwise its been a couple of years since you had to print them out. Not a big deal at all, just look through your edocs for the right page, so you don't have to print out all the unnecessary pages wasting ink.

We received luggage tags when we sailed in a balcony on both the Sky and Epic last year. But no longer as of this year.

Nope, I had a Balcony... sent me my tags and a booklet all about Bermuda... :(

NCL stopped mailing luggage tags for all except suites as of November 1, 2012. So those of us that sailed in December 2012 still got them (They were mailed in October) but those that sailed in January 2013, for the most part, did not. So unless you are in a suite, when you print your edocs, you also print your luggage tags.

NCL stopped mailing luggage tags for all except suites as of November 1, 2012. So those of us that sailed in December 2012 still got them (They were mailed in October) but those that sailed in January 2013, for the most part, did not. So unless you are in a suite, when you print your edocs, you also print your luggage tags.

Ah, that makes sense. My last balcony was October 2012...until the one coming up in September. ;)

As far as the beaches go, Warwick Long Bay is about a half mile past Horseshoe Bay. Same beach really, just some great looking rocks in between. No crowds at all. If you want the beaches you see in the ads, go there. Heaven on Earth!

getting mad over luggage tags just does not make sense to me. I hope that other things that happen during your cruise don't make you fume!!

Do you remember when restaurants served you a salad vs have you make your own at the salad bar? Or gasoline station attendants who pumped your fuel, checked your oil and washed your windshield? Or companies who used to have an actual human being answer their phones and direct your call for you? Or even elevator operators?

I know that change is a *itch, but the luggage tag thing really is not that big of a deal, in the general scope of things in life.

getting mad over luggage tags just does not make sense to me. I hope that other things that happen during your cruise don't make you fume!!

Do you remember when restaurants served you a salad vs have you make your own at the salad bar? Or gasoline station attendants who pumped your fuel, checked your oil and washed your windshield? Or companies who used to have an actual human being answer their phones and direct your call for you? Or even elevator operators?

I know that change is a *itch, but the luggage tag thing really is not that big of a deal, in the general scope of things in life.

The problem is not enough people get MAD at change and we let them do it I am not against change what I am afraid of is lack of service and tired of paying more and getting less service. Like the services you mention above that have gone on the way side were dose it end

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know RCCL did the same thing last year at about the same time. The biggest problem I had was that they only put 1 luggage tag on a page, so you had to print the page multiple times. It would be easy for them to put 4-6 tags on a page to make things easier. Not sure what NCL does, but will find out soon.

On a better note, what is your favorite beach in Bermuda?? Child friendly and beautiful, thoughts?:D

I have always gone to Horseshoe Bay and can attest that it is lovely. I once went to a small hidden, secluded, beach with a Bermuda Taxi tour that was called West Whale Bay Beach not far from the Dockyards. The water and waves were perfect and seemed to be used by the locals.

Here's a video on top 10 beaches from youtube.

And here is a map of Bermuda beaches

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000005.htm

Personally, I haven't found snorkeling in Bermuda to be great. Certainly not compared to the Western Caribbean and Turks and Caicos. Snorkel park is OK. It attracts lots of fish but they can be aggressive when feeding and it's not a place of beauty for just swimming compared to the other magnificent beaches on the island.

I know RCCL did the same thing last year at about the same time. The biggest problem I had was that they only put 1 luggage tag on a page, so you had to print the page multiple times. It would be easy for them to put 4-6 tags on a page to make things easier. Not sure what NCL does, but will find out soon.

If you put 4-6 tags on the same page you will not have the thickness and strength of the luggage tag having 6 layers. Unless you have tag covers purchased from CC or Amazon, (or laminate them) your luggage tags would be torn off in a heartbeat.

Thank you all for your ideas...

It just seems we pay so much for a nice trip and then to take the little things away, and cause me more to do, annoys me...

Clearwater Beach is beautiful. Very quiet. When we went there two years ago it was about one half mile walk from the bus stop. There is a restaurant there that rents chairs and serves food but the kitchen is closed on Mondays. When you hike back up to the bus stop you will pass the landing strip for the airport. I would recommend a taxi for those who are not young & fit!

You'll be on vacation in no time. Don't worry about the luggage tags. If you really don't want to print them out yourself, wait until you get to the ship and the porters will give you luggage tags that can be attached to your bags. You will have to fill them out, however.

Horseshoe Bay. Walk in, go to the left and keep walking to the left. Right when you think you have gone far enough, keep walking, past the big rocks. Beautiful.

I usually print the paper tags.

However, no matter what line I'm on I've been clear taping large ridiculous colored coordinated paper signs with bold room numbers on them, all over my luggage. Usually three per bag.

It looks silly but the section color stands out like a sore thumb, the cabin number is huge, and you absolutely cant miss what bags belong together.

Since I've been doing that, all my bags have arrived together - at the same time - very early in the afternoon.

Could be just dumb luck but I believe it helps the luggage handlers easily spot a grouping of identical bags and visually help them identify where they have to go - from 10 feet away!

Lmao, great reply. Just print them, have done it for several years with various ships. Easy peezy. And, the ship porters an put them on too. It's a cruise, a relaxing time. Stress not allowed:D

All the beaches in Bermuda are so beautiful! I especially enjoyed the walk along the coast from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Long Bay beach. The stop at Jobson's Cove was wonderful!!! I have a detailed pictorial review of out three days in Bermuda, including snorkeling underwater photos in my Explorer of the Seas review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728780

Royal and Carnival no longer send luggage tags either.

It just seems we pay so much for a nice trip and then to take the little things away, and cause me more to do, annoys me...

I agree

I booked a suite for August 31st. I got mine in the mail after I printed them out. I guess I can see how they are a benefit. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean anything to me either way. Printing them out is still more convenient that filling them out at the porter station. I do understand Mr. Robberts statement about none of us bitching enough and just letting them give less and charge more. This is only my second cruise and I have noticed the change in just 10 short months! Cagneys alone went from $20 to $25 & now $30 (per entree) with menu cutbacks and changes. Listen though, it is what it is! Dollar for Dollar a Cruise is still the best bang for our buck. They know it and we know it. Happy cruising everyone!

All the beaches in Bermuda are so beautiful! I especially enjoyed the walk along the coast from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Long Bay beach. The stop at Jobson's Cove was wonderful!!! I have a detailed pictorial review of out three days in Bermuda, including snorkeling underwater photos in my Explorer of the Seas review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728780

Royal and Carnival no longer send luggage tags either.

I absolutely agree all Beaches are beautiful. Rather than limiting yourself to one get out and explore from Clearwater Beach right through to Snorkel Park. There are so many. Although not much of a beach Spanish Point and Admiralty cove are worth visiting too.

Princess, HAL no longer send them tags either. If you use a decent TA they will likely print and fold them for you and even put them in a luggage tag holder.

Archived