First night in the dining room?

trixietx

Does anyone know what HAL serves on the first night of the cruise in the dining room. I am thinking of booking a specialty restaurant the first night and for some reason I think I read somewhere that it is always prime rib on the first night, or maybe I just dreamed it! I don't know!!

It could be Prime Rib - I am not certain.

It can also vary by ship.

We usually go to the Pinnacle on the first night.

We have found that the first night in the main dining is hectic and service is slow as they have to spend time getting everyone to their assigned table for the fixed dining people.

Prime rib is sometimes one of the entrées. Not always.

Night one is the best night to book one of the specialty restaurants as they are less crowded, you get some special attention from the staff. They want to make sure you come back again before the end of the cruise.

Prime rib has been served the first night of every one of my cruises going back years and years (that's a lot of cruises). Before that, it was the roast of the day in the Lido on embarkation day.

It has been prime rib the first night for at least the last two years of our cruising (and probably longer).

Of course, that could end at any time but DH always notices prime rib that first night. He says it is delicious and he is very careful to tell our steward exactly how he wants it.

Warning: For those who do not like sauce on your beef, be sure to tell your steward no sauce on prime rib. We have seen it served with a brown sauce that DH does not like. It is NOT au jus. Just ask for it on the side if you aren't sure you want the sauce. :)

I would be very surprised if prime rib was not one of the entrees.

Prime rib has been served the first night of every one of my cruises going back years and years (that's a lot of cruises). Before that, it was the roast of the day in the Lido on embarkation day.

I am in full agreement with you both.

As I recall, prime rib for just about every cruise on the first night. The only ones that were different were a couple of Pacifc coastal cruises that were a continuation of a longer cruise (such as a Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver with us boarding in San Diego).

Save your Pinnacle dinner for an evening where you have a late port night. Those days you usually see a "weak" menu (some people dine in the port), plus you can pick your time around your port excursions.

DaveOKC

We almost always avoid MDR on lobster night. Those frozen tails don't 'do it' for New Englanders. :) We're used to really good lobster. ;)

I hear you. They don't excite a Maritimer either.

Even if I was skipping the lobster - we've found that the "lobster night menu" normally has some other interesting (and appetizing) entrees. :)

Not for me. :o

I don't eat escargot..... I like the snails and the garlic but allllll the butter is too much for me. I eat very, very little butter. If you don't eat the escargot or lobster, the menu offers nothing of particular interest IMO

We prefer Pinnacle or Tamarind that night. :)

hi

two kinds of Lobster cold water' date=' hard, east coast. I am told the best

other

right coast soft shell totaly different taste

Mary[/quote']

The colder the water the better the lobster.

Archived