"European" sun deck on Oasis

On a recent cruise on RCCL (can't recall ship) I stumbled upon a small sun deck on front of ship that was good for an" all over tan" if someone was so inclined.Is there such a location on Oasis and where is it.Thanks I've got plenty of sunscreen,

There is a forward deck on 14 overlooking the helipad that is rarely used.

To get out there, you walk all the way forward on the port hallway. You'll find that there is a little lookout area that has a telescope/binocular fixture, and sometimes people go out there to take a photo. But the deck wraps around the front and there are some rather private areas here.

However, I'm pretty sure that topless/nude sunbathing is not allowed in the public areas, and if not specifically spelled out, it's likely an unwritten rule. Your best bet is to get a balcony or a suite with a huge balcony....

No, I don't think they have that on any Royal Caribbean ships, however they do on some Carnival ships. You may have mixed the two companies up.

Carnival used to have a topless deck but that was eliminated years ago.

St. Tropez deck, was the very top deck on Carnival ships. It was eliminated years ago. As ships got taller, the other ships that were docked next door....had a view of what was no longer a private deck. :)

Edited by Coralc

There is a forward deck on 14 overlooking the helipad that is rarely used.

To get out there, you walk all the way forward on the port hallway. You'll find that there is a little lookout area that has a telescope/binocular fixture, and sometimes people go out there to take a photo. But the deck wraps around the front and there are some rather private areas here.

This is right in front of the kids club with their windows overlooking that area, so I don't think it would be a good idea. Also, the Solarium area is right above it with unrestricted view onto Deck 14. :-)

On a recent cruise on RCCL (can't recall ship) I stumbled upon a small sun deck on front of ship that was good for an" all over tan" if someone was so inclined.Is there such a location on Oasis and where is it.Thanks I've got plenty of sunscreen,

While there are some secluded public deck areas on many RCI ships (including Oasis) the type of sunbathing you refer to is not allowed on any of them with RCI. As others have suggested you are likely confusing this with what at one time was allowed on some Carnival ships - had a neighbor who stumbled across one (several times in fact ;)) many years ago. But I can say from our 20+ year history with RCI, it was not then and is not today allowed with them.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

No, I don't think they have that on any Royal Caribbean ships, however they do on some Carnival ships. You may have mixed the two companies up.

YES Royal Caribbean does have this. We were on our first RCL cruise in June and there is a topless sun deck. There is a sign that says topless bathing is allowed.

St. Tropez deck, was the very top deck on Carnival ships. It was eliminated years ago. As ships got taller, the other ships that were docked next door....had a view of what was no longer a private deck. :)

Carnival fan here, chiming in. The problem didn't just come from neighboring ships. It was also this: the top landing of the slide going into the lido pool (only Elation and Paradise still have it) was tall enough to give a glimpse onto the topless sun deck, a.k.a. St. Tropez deck. It wasn't visible from other areas above the lido deck, apparently. So young teenage boys would "hang out" at the top landing of the slide to the enjoy the "view", and clog the path to the slide for kids and kids at heart.

Word must have gotten around, which made people uncomfortable sunbathing there. That was right around the time when Carnival went from "party ships" to "fun ships", so the topless sun deck was turned into a miniature golf course.

Obviously people that think they are experts on RCL are not really experts;)

I was recently on Adventure of the Seas- there is a sign that states that the above deck is a topless deck- I should know- because I layed out topless:D.

Maybe it depends on the ship :confused: I don't know- I do not claim to be an expert- I know only what I experienced:)

Obviously people that think they are experts on RCL are not really experts;)

I was recently on Adventure of the Seas- there is a sign that states that the above deck is a topless deck- I should know- because I layed out topless:D.

Maybe it depends on the ship :confused: I don't know- I do not claim to be an expert- I know only what I experienced:)

By no means claiming to be an expert but in our experience as indicated we have never seen this. We have sailed on 10 different RCI ships across all ship class categories - including Adventure - and have not seen that. So maybe it is something new as Adventure was a number of years ago with us. Could that be a European situation? But I can say that in our recent US cruises over the past couple of years we did not see it on Oasis, Explorer, Independence, or Grandeur.

I noticed the "topless" deck on both Independence & Adventure.

I did not see anything on Allure - but then again I wasn't looking for it!

Must be European thing then because on US based cruises the very top deck on Independence is the Suite reserved sun deck.

This is right in front of the kids club with their windows overlooking that area, so I don't think it would be a good idea. Also, the Solarium area is right above it with unrestricted view onto Deck 14. :-)

While it is true that there are windows overlooking this area of 14, I imagine there are some areas off to the side that would be hard to see. Although I don't have kids so have never stepped into the Adventure Ocean area. I also fell that it is hard to see down to 14 from the Solarium unless you were standing right up at the window. But point taken. Not as private as maybe it appears.

To the OP, seems like some conflicting info here regarding toplessness and RCI. No reason to not believe that it wasn't allowed on European cruises (trying to remember if I saw it allowed on Celebrity when we were in the Med), especially since people here have stated it was. But on Oasis, the best place to go au naturel would be your own balcony.

We're cruising on Adventure on 1st September. If the topless deck is in operation, we will try to get a photo (of the sign, not the topless sunbathers!:p). It may not be an issue since our cruise is to Iceland and Norway, and probably a bit chilly for any sunbathing, let alone the topless sort.

... the best place to go au naturel would be your own balcony.

Some of your neighbors will not want you to do that.

They'll try their hardest to see your reflection, ... and when they do will be all upset because they saw you. :confused:

I go topless on my balcony every cruise. If you see me ... you'll live, ... I promise. ;)

We're cruising on Adventure on 1st September. If the topless deck is in operation, we will try to get a photo (of the sign, not the topless sunbathers!:p). It may not be an issue since our cruise is to Iceland and Norway, and probably a bit chilly for any sunbathing, let alone the topless sort.

Just off Adventure last week and the sign for the topless deck is definitely still there.

Sorry I have yet to see this on Oasis or Allure.

You could try your balcony, just hope the neighbours don't peek around the corner. ;)

I would imagine anyone who is looking for a nude area is not concerned about peeking:)