Cruise for 4-8 friends: suite or connected balconies?

I am trying to plan a trip with a bunch of girlfriends for my upcoming birthday in March, 2014. There will be between 4-8 of us total. Usually, I cruise by myself (I'm Emerald on RCCI--not that that really matters), and most of them have only cruised once before, if at all. I'm thinking of a 4 or 5 nighter, probably out of Miami, FLL or Tampa (which means Majesty, Liberty or Brilliance--all ships I've been on).

I'm trying to figure out what kind(s) of cabins would work best for us. Not all the girls know each other well (friends from HS, college, and where I live now), so I thought all staying together would be best. I like the perks of a suite as well. I have a call into RCCI to see what is available, but it's looking a little pricey right now.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

If we got a suite and a balcony cabin, would the girls in the balcony cabin get the suite perks too, or not (like the lounge, etc)? I would hate for some people to be left out.

Only those that are booked in the suite and have the gold colored card would be alllowed in the lounge.

You can probably do two grand suites next to each other if they are available. Then you don't have to worry about the benefits. The GS can easily sleep 4 people.

Selection of cabin(s) should not be left for you to make the sole decision particularly since they do not all know each other and it's their money unless of course if you are paying for everyone. I've made this assumption by the fact that you stated "so I thought all staying together would be best."

• Balconies - no perks
  • JS - Junior suites do not get suite perks but believe do receive double Crown & Anchor Points which could present an issue for those not in a JS.
  • GS suites and above receive lounge perks but only those passengers assigned to that cabin can receive the perks so that becomes an insure for the other girls as they will not be allowed in the lounge.

Ideally balcony cabins next door to each other would be best . However don't think you will find balconies adjacent to each other that each can accommodate 4 people. You also have to considered the bed configurations as even if a cabin can accommodate 4 people the 3rd/4th may actually have to share a sofa bed . Certainly would not want to be sharing a bed with someone. Depending on the final number a Family Cabin might be something to consider.

Selection of cabin(s) should not be left for you to make the sole decision particularly since they do not all know each other and it's their money you're spending by selecting the rooms without their input.

• Balconies - no perks
  • JS - Junior suites do not get suite perks but believe do receive double Crown & Anchor Points which could present an issue for those not in a JS.
  • GS suites and above receive lounge perks but only those passengers assigned to that cabin can receive the perks so that becomes an insure for the other girls as they will not be allowed in the lounge.

Did I say that I was making the decision all by myself? No. I'm trying to figure out all the options and give them choices; I'd actually like to find the most cost effective way of getting us all on the ship. I want it to be fun and affordable for everyone.

I don't necessarily care about the perks and they may not either. I just want to know my options.

Wow, that's an expensive birthday party. You've got some good friends if they're willing to spend likely $1000 to celebrate!

I'm a little unclear, but it sounds like you are wanting to get two cabins total? Even if one of them is a suite, I think that's still tough. Especially for the four people in a regular balcony who have to share one bathroom. Not to mention mega expensive for the people that are booking the suite room.

I'd probably go 4 balcony cabins, 2 to each cabin, all in a row so you can open up the balconies.

Wow, that's an expensive birthday party. You've got some good friends if they're willing to spend likely $1000 to celebrate!

I'm a little unclear, but it sounds like you are wanting to get two cabins total? Even if one of them is a suite, I think that's still tough. Especially for the four people in a regular balcony who have to share one bathroom. Not to mention mega expensive for the people that are booking the suite room.

I'd probably go 4 balcony cabins, 2 to each cabin, all in a row so you can open up the balconies.

As I said, I want this to be affordable, so I'm trying to figure out the best option. I don't even know if I have $1000 to celebrate, even though it is a big birthday. :eek: I care more about being with my friends that perks of a suite, so if we get inside cabins, that's fine with me. I just want to make sure they have fun.

Why not call RCI, with the deck plans in front of you....and price out the different options.....you don't have to book at that time!

Prices vary greatly, from week to week...just give them a call, and get an idea of what prices will be for each type cabin.

I am trying to plan a trip with a bunch of girlfriends for my upcoming birthday in March, 2014. There will be between 4-8 of us total. Usually, I cruise by myself (I'm Emerald on RCCI--not that that really matters), and most of them have only cruised once before, if at all. I'm thinking of a 4 or 5 nighter, probably out of Miami, FLL or Tampa (which means Majesty, Liberty or Brilliance--all ships I've been on).

I'm trying to figure out what kind(s) of cabins would work best for us. Not all the girls know each other well (friends from HS, college, and where I live now), so I thought all staying together would be best. I like the perks of a suite as well. I have a call into RCCI to see what is available, but it's looking a little pricey right now.

If we got a suite and a balcony cabin, would the girls in the balcony cabin get the suite perks too, or not (like the lounge, etc)? I would hate for some people to be left out.

You may as well throw Enchantment into the mix - she is sailing out of Port Canaveral.

:)

4 in a D1, Liberty March 15 - quite reasonable. There are many adjoining pairs available.

I would do several cabins with TWO people in each cabin. After all, often the third and fourth person in the cabin end up in a pullman drop down or on a sofa bed. It would not seem fair to me for those friends to pay the same and have less desirable sleeping accommodations then the rest.

If you are considering Liberty, price out the Prommanade cabins. They are considered insides, but are a bit larger, and have a nice window that looks down onto the Royal Prommanade. :)

I recently had a friend who did a birthday cruise for her friend's birthday and talked to her about it since i was considering the same thing for celebration in the near future.

Many of the girls chose to stay 3 or 4 to a room (inside cabin for most of them, there was inly one room with 2 people and they were a couple who wanted their own privacy) for a group of about 15. Many of the girls knew each other so they slept in the same bed by choice. Those who didn't know each other well slept in the pullman or with someone else and none of them complained.

The more bathrooms, the better. Check with the girls on how they would like to sleep. And check their budgets.

While it was a birthday celebration for their friend, they saw it as a good vacation that they couldn't afford otherwise so the more girls they could fit into a room, the cheaper it would be.

Royal Family suites accommodate 5 - 8 guests and could work out reasonably cheaply when the total cost is divided up between everyone. Advantages are that you have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a lounge area, large balcony and suite perks for everyone. You will need to call as these cannot usually be booked online. Another good option might be 2 connecting balcony, outside or inside cabins depending on your budget. You will then have 2 bathrooms, can all be together and you don't have to keep knocking on each others doors.

Agree with this thought process. I shared a room with 6 women on spring break and it was a nightmare. 2 to a cabin would seem to be a good fit.

Archived