Holiday Cruise Prices - Cheaper if you book earlier???

I just looked at the fares for the December 24, 2014 cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale (12 night Southern Caribbean Holiday). Currently the inside cabins start at $1649pp.

Were they that price when the dates 'opened up'? I ask because I'd like to do a holiday cruise in 2016 and I'm wondering how much of a price difference will they be if I stalk the RCI site when those dates open up?

Thanks in advace!

Unfortunately, yes, the Christmas and New Years cruises are the most expensive ones all year. You pay a premium to cruise those weeks. And the airfare is crazy those weeks, too, something else to take into consideration.

We thought of doing a New Years cruise, but for about 1/3 the price, we took one later in January. It was cheap, uncrowded, and wonderful.

Best to book early. Sometimes even the Holiday ones will drop but you can always get the lower price if your before final payment. I was watching this particular cruise for 2012, 2013 and 2014 and it just goes up. No drops.

All categories for this sailing have gone up by $50 from when they opened for booking.

I just looked at the fares for the December 24, 2014 cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale (12 night Southern Caribbean Holiday). Currently the inside cabins start at $1649pp.

Were they that price when the dates 'opened up'? I ask because I'd like to do a holiday cruise in 2016 and I'm wondering how much of a price difference will they be if I stalk the RCI site when those dates open up?

Thanks in advace!

I would book early if you want to do one as these are very popular and a lot of fun.We did a Christmas and New year back in 2011 and booked when the dates first came out and we watch for price drops but the price never came cheaper than what we paid.We have booked a New Year cruise for this year that we have had booked since April 2012 and the price has gone up but not down.

Our Allure cruise was Dec. 18-25. When I booked our balcony about a year and a half in advance, the price was "affordable" (still way more than other cruises, but I can only sail during school breaks, so the price was in line with what I'm used to paying). As it got closer, the prices went waaaaaaay up. The cruise after ours (Dec 25-1/2?)) was double the price that we paid!

Cruising at Christmas was loads of fun. The decorations were beautiful, and on Christmas Eve there was caroling in the Promenade. The divers for Ocean Aria even did a special holiday performance to Carol of the Bell, and it looked like they were having a lot of fun doing it.

So I think that if you book far enough in advance, you should find cheaper fares.

I'm not an experienced cruiser but we are going on a cruise this Christmas for our honeymoon .

we booked quite awhile ago, and it was about $2000 for both of us. We are flying from Toronto to Puerto rico so that was more than the cruise! OUCH...the joys of working for a school board (I'm an educational assistant so I don't make a lot of money....luckily my husband is the bread winner and is paying for the honeymoon)...

I don't know what a normal rate would be for this type of cruise but that's what ours was...I was actually shocked at how cheap the actual cruise was....

The cruise week that includes New Year's Eve is the most expensive cruise of the year.

On a school schedule, that is often the only week that worked for us.

We love to cruise that week. Starting when my kids were teens, I felt that I was keeping them away from dangerous situations at home.

This year, our fare has increased $400 per person since I booked the cruise a year ago.

Book now. Airfare and cruise prices will only go up. Christmas cruises are a blast, especially over New Years so definitely do it! But book early, try to get a good TA maybe they can get you some obc to help with the costs!

I'm not an experienced cruiser but we are going on a cruise this Christmas for our honeymoon .

we booked quite awhile ago, and it was about $2000 for both of us. We are flying from Toronto to Puerto rico so that was more than the cruise! OUCH...the joys of working for a school board (I'm an educational assistant so I don't make a lot of money....luckily my husband is the bread winner and is paying for the honeymoon)...

I don't know what a normal rate would be for this type of cruise but that's what ours was...I was actually shocked at how cheap the actual cruise was....

You are going to love your Christmas cruise! We had our honeymoon cruise leaving the day after Christmas and it was a blast, well worth the extra money spent.

Thanks in advace!

To answer your question, the price for lowest category inside was $1599 pp when booking originally opened on 4/18/13 for this Legend 12/24/14 cruise It increased to $1649 on 7/25/13.

To answer your question, the price for lowest category inside was $1599 pp when booking originally opened on 4/18/13 for this Legend 12/24/14 cruise It increased to $1649 on 7/25/13.

Thank you so much! Not much difference there. But I guess I will try to book the very hour the dates become available. :D

Thank you all so much for responding. I'm looking forward to it. A 12 night cruise sounds wonderful (woohoo!).

Thanks in advance!

According to a fishy cruise site, it opened up at $1599pp and went up $50 on July 25th.

Archived