New Zealand Itinerary Dec 2013

BillnBev

Can anyone explain how the post stops work? Looking through the itinerary for example it states arrival at Wellington 08:00, boarding 14:00 and departure 17:00 not having cruised with HAL previously does this mean that we would have to be back on board at 14:00 ready to leave at 17:00?

This would mean a 3 hour wait before sailing and does not give much time for exploring the ports and doing any excursions! :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you taking a back-to-back or Collectors' cruise, and asking about turn around day?

If so, then the ship will dock, disembark passengers, and begin boarding new passengers. The timetable says the new passengers will start embarkation at 2:00 PM, and the ship will leave at 5:00 PM. This is normal. Oh, btw, passengers will start embarkation earlier than that. You would have an all-aboard time about 15 minutes before muster drill is scheduled---probably 4:00 PM for you to be back.

But if this is just a port stop on a continuing cruise, then I do not understand why passengers would have an all-aboard time so much earlier than sail-away is scheduled for.

I dont follow the question either.

As far as I am aware , Wellington is not , and never has been , a turnaround port for cruises.

What ship are you cruising on and when?

It is a popular port of call and it is quite usual for most cruise ships to depart around 5pm.

Are you on the Oosterdam cruise, departing Sydney December 8th?

If so, the itinerary on the HAL website lists the visit to Wellington on Saturday 14th December as 8 am to 5 pm.

According to the Wellington port website, the Oosterdam is booked for 0800-1800 hours.

Are you on the Oosterdam cruise, departing Sydney December 8th?

If so, the itinerary on the HAL website lists the visit to Wellington on Saturday 14th December as 8 am to 5 pm.

According to the Wellington port website, the Oosterdam is booked for 0800-1800 hours.

Yes that is the itinerary, but we got ours from the travel agent and are going by that.

So those times we have been quoted are not right?

We shall look at the HAL itinerary then on their website, thanks for your input.

bilnbev :)

Yes that is the itinerary, but we got ours from the travel agent and are going by that.

So those times we have been quoted are not right?

We shall look at the HAL itinerary then on their website, thanks for your input.

bilnbev :)

Not sure in which country you live, but I am very aware that Travel Agents can make mistakes.

If you are not planning a HAL excursion, may I recommend a visit to Te Papa ( Museum of New Zealand) or if it's a sunny day, a ride up the Cable car, then walk down to town via the Botanic Gardens,..... there is a lovely Rose Garden which will be flowering beautifully in December.

Not sure in which country you live, but I am very aware that Travel Agents can make mistakes.

If you are not planning a HAL excursion, may I recommend a visit to Te Papa ( Museum of New Zealand) or if it's a sunny day, a ride up the Cable car, then walk down to town via the Botanic Gardens,..... there is a lovely Rose Garden which will be flowering beautifully in December.

Thanks for the tips, we certainly will consider them as we both love walking and are still looking for something to do in each port we visit, all options open at the moment, so all suggestions welcome. :D

Thanks for the tips, we certainly will consider them as we both love walking and are still looking for something to do in each port we visit, all options open at the moment, so all suggestions welcome. :D

If you look under Ports of Call, then click on Australia/NZ, then click on search thread listing each of your ports of call, you will find lots of helpful suggestions.

Another place you can research is the Australia/NZ thread.

Archived