what are the advantages of travelling concierge

Indiem

I am going on the Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection leaving on September 9. I chose the option concierge. Can anyone who has experienced this option explain the advantages from checking in onwards. They are not very clear on their website.

From the Celebrity website, with my comments:

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

Priority check-in This is a dedicated check in line. There are also dedicated check in lines for Suites, Aqua, Elite, Select. It may end up that another line is shorter than your "priority" line. Not available at all ports, but I think you will find one in Rome. Not a real perk because so many passengers qualify for "priority" embarkation

Express luggage deliveryNo one has ever been able to confirm this. Luggage arrives when it arrives

Personalized Concierge serviceThis is available to everyone on the ship, not just Concierge class. There is no dedicated Concierge for this class of stateroom

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needsAlso available to everyone on the ship, not just this class of stateroom

Complimentary shoeshine service

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure LoungeIt may be more, or less, crowded than other pre-departure lounges on disembarkation morning. Not much of a perk

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferencesNo one has ever been able to figure out what this means

Expanded room service menuThis may be a real perk, depending on whether or not you are likely to order room service

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artistsThe wine may be ok, or undrinkable, depending on your tatste

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferencesThis can be nice,if you have a preference

Daily delivery of Afternoon SavoriesThis seems to be in transition. They may not bring you an afternoon snack if you aren't in the room, and the savories vary from inedible to unappetizing to somewhat ok. You may be able to order cheese and crackers instead

Plush Frette® bathrobesthese are nice

Fresh fruitalso available at the buffet, so not much of a perk

Fresh flowersmaybe just one or two stems

Custom-blended bath amenitiesa slight upgrade from the regular bath products. You will get bath gel in addition to bath soap. REgular staterooms do not get gel

Personalized stationeryNot much of a perk, IMO

Use of binoculars and golf umbrellaBinoculars are usually poor quality, golf umbrella might be nice. Regular staterooms get a small, collapsible umbrella.

Oversized 100% cotton bath towelsthis is a nice perk

Extra handheld hair dryerconvenient

Celebrity tote bagall rooms get a tote bag. Concierge get a slightly better quality bag than regular rooms

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerheadthese are nice

So, not much altogether.

On M Class ships the Concierge staterooms are bigger than regular staterooms. ON S Class ships, of which Reflection is one, there is no size difference.

From the Celebrity website, with my comments:

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

Priority check-in This is a dedicated check in line. There are also dedicated check in lines for Suites, Aqua, Elite, Select. It may end up that another line is shorter than your "priority" line. Not available at all ports, but I think you will find one in Rome. Not a real perk because so many passengers qualify for "priority" embarkation

Express luggage deliveryNo one has ever been able to confirm this. Luggage arrives when it arrives

Personalized Concierge serviceThis is available to everyone on the ship, not just Concierge class. There is no dedicated Concierge for this class of stateroom

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needsAlso available to everyone on the ship, not just this class of stateroom

Complimentary shoeshine service

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure LoungeIt may be more, or less, crowded than other pre-departure lounges on disembarkation morning. Not much of a perk

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferencesNo one has ever been able to figure out what this means

Expanded room service menuThis may be a real perk, depending on whether or not you are likely to order room service

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artistsThe wine may be ok, or undrinkable, depending on your tatste

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferencesThis can be nice,if you have a preference

Daily delivery of Afternoon SavoriesThis seems to be in transition. They may not bring you an afternoon snack if you aren't in the room, and the savories vary from inedible to unappetizing to somewhat ok. You may be able to order cheese and crackers instead

Plush Frette® bathrobesthese are nice

Fresh fruitalso available at the buffet, so not much of a perk

Fresh flowersmaybe just one or two stems

Custom-blended bath amenitiesa slight upgrade from the regular bath products. You will get bath gel in addition to bath soap. REgular staterooms do not get gel

Personalized stationeryNot much of a perk, IMO

Use of binoculars and golf umbrellaBinoculars are usually poor quality, golf umbrella might be nice. Regular staterooms get a small, collapsible umbrella.

Oversized 100% cotton bath towelsthis is a nice perk

Extra handheld hair dryerconvenient

Celebrity tote bagall rooms get a tote bag. Concierge get a slightly better quality bag than regular rooms

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerheadthese are nice

So, not much altogether.

On M Class ships the Concierge staterooms are bigger than regular staterooms. ON S Class ships, of which Reflection is one, there is no size difference.

Excellent summary. Must add the exa cruise point. That is the most significant extra on the S Class ship.

Cruisestitch gives a great and very accurate analysis. Many of us who have cruised Celebrity a lot have realized that the 'perks' don't amount to much and aren't worth the extra money except:

1) as mentioned, cabins on M class ships are 15% larger, which is noticeable and appreciated

2) you get an extra point toward Elite status (need 10) which does bring some significant perks

Some people really like the nicer towels and robes; you can often exchange the bottle of bubbly for a decent white by bringing it to your table in the dining room and speaking with your sommelier; and if you have any tender ports you may get tender tickets in your stateroom which will allow you to disembark somewhat earlier, although they may have eliminated this perk.

But in any case, don't be disappointed because your overall cruise is going to be fantastic!

Thank you for your reply. I am disappointed. I was looking forward to having a little plus for the extra money paid.

Oh well I shall hope for the best :)

The rooms are exactly the same as a other balcony cabins. Most notable for me is the expanded breakfast menu, the footstools as well as reclining chairs on the balcony and little extra touches like a nicer tote bag and flowers in the cabin. There are lots of other items on the list, some more worthy than others. Depends upon the individual.

Phil

The rooms are exactly the same as a other balcony cabins. Most notable for me is the expanded breakfast menu, the footstools as well as reclining chairs on the balcony and little extra touches like a nicer tote bag and flowers in the cabin. There are lots of other items on the list, some more worthy than others. Depends upon the individual.

Phil

Bingo! My husband's primary reason for concierge, FOOTSTOOLS!!

We booked a C3 room on the Equinox in March for the extra point, location and room service menu. Plus all the other little things like the towels and robes just make it more comfortable. It was only a few hundred dollars more so if you can afford it why not. I primarily did it for the extra point though. This is our 3rd Celebrity cruise, the Mercury in 1998, the XPedition in 2012 and now the Equinox. So in reality we are new to Celebrity after being away for many years busy with raising kids and dealing with careers. The kids are grown so we want a little luxury. The XPedition was a great experience and we got a great credit for an upcoming cruise by donating to the Galapagos Society. We are looking forward to our cruise on the Equinox and the additional perks of Concierge class.

Thank you for your reply. I am disappointed. I was looking forward to having a little plus for the extra money paid.

Oh well I shall hope for the best :)

Agree with Cruisestitch, he wrote a very accurate description. If you want something special, I would recommend looking into Aqua Spa cabins. You get all the Concierge perks plus the AQ perks the most significeent of which is access to Blu restaurant. Often AQ is around the same price.

Awww thank you. I feel a lot better now . I have been on cruises before but many years ago before balconies when potholes were a luxury. So I am retired now and this is my treat to myself and I want it to be special. I am sure it will be fun. Thanks again for your input.

Priority check-in Doesn't do anything for me because I am not at the port when the sun comes up waiting to board. :D

Express luggage delivery I can confirm this. I found my luggage waiting at my stateroom when they opened them to passengers around 1:30 pm.

Personalized Concierge service Not useful to me because I do my own thing.

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs Anyone can get this

Complimentary shoeshine serviceDidn't use this but I suppose I could have had my flip flops polished. :p

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge MEH

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences ????

Expanded room service menu I am a smoothie and fresh orange juice person so I do like this. So does my friend who ALWAYS has breakfast with room service.

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists I don't drink it so can't say one way or the other

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences Nice but never used it

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories I am never in the room to get them so haven't tried them

Plush Frette® bathrobes This is REALLY nice

Fresh fruit I actually like this one as it makes for a healthy bedtime snack or lite nosh if you are a slow morning riser.

Fresh flowers I have always received nice flowers in the room and freshened as they wilt.

Custom-blended bath amenities a slight upgrade from the regular bath products. It is hotel soap. You get extra.

Personalized stationery Last cruise it had the previous occupants names on it. Never used it when it did have my name.

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella Umbrella came in handy during a monsoon in Aruba.

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels LOVE this too

Extra handheld hair dryer I only need one but if travelling with teens could be handy

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead Like this after a hard day in port.

Personally I appreciate the amenities I use but choose CC for the state room location and extra cruise point more than anything.

Agree with Cruisestitch, he wrote a very accurate description. If you want something special, I would recommend looking into Aqua Spa cabins. You get all the Concierge perks plus the AQ perks the most significeent of which is access to Blu restaurant. Often AQ is around the same price.

Celebrity's web site no longer states, "All benefits of Concierge Class plus ..." for Aqua Class. Not sure if all ships are following this yet?

Ray in NH

I book concierge and AQ mainly for the points (I am almost to Elite). I have always done AQ because it has been not too much more, but IMHO offers a lot more. I really enjoy all the amenities. I think you made a good decision. If you get a chance to move to AQ, take it, if it is not too much more. Otherwise, enjoy your trip!:)

Celebrity's web site no longer states, "All benefits of Concierge Class plus ..." for Aqua Class. Not sure if all ships are following this yet?

Ray in NH

It has been reported a number of times that the web site removed that section however there have been no confirmed reports that they are not following that policy.

IMHO, conscierge class rooms like aqua rooms are in better locations on the ship.

I disagree with that assessment. Many of th AQ rooms and some CC rooms are directly underneath noisy areas of the ship and this has been reported by people staying in them. This is why the S-Class cabin spreadsheet contained in the sticky post at the top of the board is so useful. Better grade cabins don't necessarily give you a good location. S2 suites is another example.

Phil

We recently travelled in CC cabins. The main reason for booking was getting a connecting cabin mid ship.

I wouldn't say that we had any extra benefits. We were always asking for things for the room. Like wine glasses, shower gel and even the daily celebrity today. He forgot most nights to leave the teen schedule as well.

I think we just drew the short straw on cabin stewards. He did the bare minimum.

The afternoon snacks were left in the room and were warm inedible by the time we got to them. The personalised stationary was 2 pieces of note paper with our names printed on. The flowers were a nice touch. There is no footstool on Connie.

Saying all this we have again booked CC cabins for our next cruise for the interconnecting rooms and in a good position mid ship.

Archived