Tender question

lenquixote66

In short, no. If you had an excursion booked through Celebrity you will be refunded the money. To my knowledge that's it.

As the above post stated generally no but I have seen them do an occasional happy hour where drinks were free but wouldn't count on it. I think of all the ports that Celebrity goes to this happens most frequently at Grand Cayman.

There has been several class-action law suits regarding port fees, and the outcome is that nearly all the cruise lines refund unused port fees or adjust changes in port fees. So if you miss a port any related port fees should be refunded (they are usually credited to your onboard account). The cruise contract gives the cruise line the absolute right to either cancel or change ports...and passengers have no legal recourse. In the case of missed ports...life goes on :). Frequent cruisers can all tell stories about missed ports. Until last year DW and I had cruised over 200 days without missing a single port. And then on one long cruise (62 days) we missed 2 port in 5 days....and on another shorter Canada/New England cruise we missed 2 ports (a real bummer) due to high seas....be our Captain managed to get us into an unscheduled port as a substitute. You just never know.

Hank

If on a tender day it happens to be storming and the Captain determines that it is not safe to tender is there anything done for the passengers to make up for this ?

Yes the Captain will protect your health and well being by not allowing you to tender into unsafe conditions. Then the cruise director and activities team will pull together a contingency plan which includes on board activities similar to a typical sea day and they will release a supplement to the daily program to let you know about these.

What more are you looking for? If you were hoping the cruise line would give you a partial refund (beyond the port fees) due to mother nature releasing a storm then you're going to be disappointed because it won't happen. But if you're just hoping there will be something to do on board then you may be happy.

Archived