We had the Drink Pkg on Oasis-Review

kimann

Thanks for the info! So how did it work when the servers had trays full of drinks in the souvenir glasses and the after dinner shots in the special shot glasses! We are getting the package for our upcoming cruise and don't want the souvenir glasses.

For the trays of drinks you can either ask for the drink without the specialty cup, or you can just pay for the cup (about $2-3) and the drink is "free"

We had reserved late dining and every night we had one of the special after dinner shots. I always asked for mine over ice, so they came more as a drink, and I never had to worry about those glasses. After the first night those drinks just showed up every night! :)

1) Here's a typical day for me. 4-5 Grey Goose/Cranberry or fruity vodka drinks at the pool or wherever from 11-3. 2 Grey Goose Cosmos at dinner. 1 or 2 Grey Goose/Cranberrys at the show and a White Russian on the way to the cabin at night. Plus, I'm a diet coke addict and I had 4 or so of those a day too. For the husband sub Capt Morgan or Makers Mark and Frozen Mojitos for all of the vodka that I drank :)

You just convinced me to buy the package for our AOS cruise in February. As far as tipping goes, whether on land or at sea I always tip (extra) in cash --

Hey Jen! I'm so glad you tried that drink. I tried it too with vodka after we saw it.

I think my favorite was some Sunshine ???? that is on the drink menu with vodka, peach schnapps, some kind of juices and soda. I also tried Allan's frozen mojito and it was really good and I don't like rum. They use fresh mint in the frozen ones too.

Miss you and our daily chats :)

Miss you, too!

My other favorite was a peach martini something or other. It was the most expensive one I tried at $13 but it was really good. I'm not a big drinker and we had our own preferred wine with us, so I only tried 4 drinks the whole cruise. Even if he picked up the slack I don't think we could have met the break even point for the package.

The drink package doesn't include the Coke machine, right? We never have soda at home so the 1000's of combinations was a real treat for hubby. Well worth the $52. He was like a kid in a soda factory (literally!).

Miss you, too!

My other favorite was a peach martini something or other. It was the most expensive one I tried at $13 but it was really good. I'm not a big drinker and we had our own preferred wine with us, so I only tried 4 drinks the whole cruise. Even if he picked up the slack I don't think we could have met the break even point for the package.

The drink package doesn't include the Coke machine, right? We never have soda at home so the 1000's of combinations was a real treat for hubby. Well worth the $52. He was like a kid in a soda factory (literally!).

Correct, the alcoholic drink packages do not include the use of Freestyle machines. However fountain soda from a bar or restaurant is included with the alcoholic drink packages.

CF18B25E-6426-4759-8E5F-630334671859-3023-000003CA6A211D2A_zpsf5833bad.jpg

Good link from the RC Blog too about the drink package with fair break downs.

Google Royal Caribbean blog and the below. (CC is blocking the web site on here)

should-you-buy-unlimited-alcohol-packages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

The package can be purchased on the ship at any bar during the first couple of days at a prorated rate. An option is to purchase the package halfway through the cruise if your account is getting too high or maybe your account is a lot less than you expected so you don't need it. In this case, you will be glad that you did not spend the money in advance.

The package can be purchased on the ship at any bar during the first couple of days at a prorated rate. An option is to purchase the package halfway through the cruise if your account is getting too high or maybe your account is a lot less than you expected so you don't need it. In this case, you will be glad that you did not spend the money in advance.

I wasn't aware you could get a pro rata rate if you don't book on day one.

Are you 100% sure about that? :confused:

Are you 100% sure about that? :confused:

I am pretty sure as I was told this information by a friend after a recent sailing. There are many threads that indicate you can do this with the drink package on RC's sister company Celebrity. Nevertheless, I have an upcoming sailing on the Allure and will confirm as this was my plan. When I get back I will post an update. If anyone had a different experience please post.

I am pretty sure as I was told this information by a friend after a recent sailing. There are many threads that indicate you can do this with the drink package on RC's sister company Celebrity. Nevertheless, I have an upcoming sailing on the Allure and will confirm as this was my plan. When I get back I will post an update. If anyone had a different experience please post.

This is definitely Celebrity policy. I would like to do this on Oasis, but have not seen it posted that it could be done. I too will try when I am on her soon.

While we were on Oasis a couple of months ago, there were guys walking around selling the premium pkg... as well as signs at many of the bars. Those guys - and the signs - all disappeared by day 2.

The OPs experience was very much like ours. However we know we didn't break even on our pkg for the week -- I didn't really consider it by the day. I do know on port days we did not even come close.

We didn't have the best experience in the MDR... we were seated at a pretty out of the way table and both us, and the couple next to us, had to wait a really long time to get anyone to come take our bar orders. However this was not the case in the speciality restaurants -- they were super quick there. We also made friends with one of the pool bartenders. Since he knew we had the pkg, he would make us one of his own "concoctions" as he called them for us to try. If we didn't like, no harm, no foul. We tipped him with cash at the end of the week plus gave him a WOW card.

Our next cruise has 5 port stops -- so we won't be buying the pkg for that one.

Ann

Hi, is there a FAQ or quick reference page for the drinks package?

Also, do both guests have to buy the package? My better half may have two drinks...the entire cruise.

Have a similar problem in that my daughter doesn't drink alcoholic beverages. Talked with Rcl and was told I could purchase the package for just me once we were on the ship. Hope this helps.

Have a similar problem in that my daughter doesn't drink alcoholic beverages. Talked with Rcl and was told I could purchase the package for just me once we were on the ship. Hope this helps.

Sure does. I'm not a big beer drinker at all, but I can put away some cocktails at dinner/show/evening time for sure. The thought of spending over $500 for 10 days for myself makes me feel like I have a problem already; I haven't spent $500 in the past year! I guess it takes 6 cocktails per day to "break even". I may be better off just ordering from the bars when I feel like it; likely to still come out less expensive that way.

Does RCI still have special drinks of the day and what are the prices? Are they only frou frou drinks or ever any real liquor drinks? Does Emerald C&A come with any 2for1's?

Okay, we were leaning towards getting the drink package, we also thought that Red Bull was included as a mixer. I did find where it is listed as being included. Does anyone know if this information is wrong?

http://www.******************.com/category/category/unlimited-alcohol-packages

For the premium alcohol package, is ____ included?

• Martinis are INCLUDED
  • Shots are INCLUDED, although certain uber-premium brands, like Patron, were not included.
  • All beer is INCLUDED
  • Mixers are INCLUDED (including Red Bull)
  • The only spirits not avail are any Scotch over 12 years old Cognac VSOP and above
  • Ultimate Vodka, Belvedere. chopin and Grey Goose are INCLUDED
  • Patron is NOT INCLUDED
  • House wine are INCLUDED (although we've heard the included house wines are not very good)
  • Drinks on Private islands are INCLUDED
  • Virgin (non-alcoholic) mixed drinks are INCLUDED

Archived