Little Silver Box

ScottToronto

Hello fellow Silversea fans,

Arrived home yesterday after a tough day at work to find a parcel waiting for me. I unwrapped the parcel to find the Little Silver Box (our upcoming Alaska cruise documents on the Silver Shadow.) After sailing 18 times with Silversea, I still get excited to receive our "Little Silver Box". It means our voyage is just around the corner.

Are there any others who feel the same? The "Silversea Experience" starts with the "Little Silver Box".

Love the new "fake croc" black ticket holder and baggage tags.

Countdown to sailing starts TODAY! Anyone else on Voyage 3327,

Seward to Vancouver, Sept. 5-12?

See you soon,

Regards,

ScottToronto

Scott, thanks for the heartfelt/warm, receipt of the "silver box," feelings, suspect most of us experience very similar feelings, when we get our "silver box." Hope y'all have a wonderful Alaska voyage, look fwd to your posts.

Does everyone get a Little Silver Box with Fack Croc Cover, or do you have to be "special", in whatever way?

Good evening 5Waldos,

Yes, everyone who sails with Silversea receives the "Little Silver Box". Sorry I meant to say "faux croc" document holder not fake as I posted. Honestly the document holder is very elegant.

Regards,

ST

Arrived home yesterday after a tough day at work to find a parcel waiting for me. I unwrapped the parcel to find the Little Silver Box (our upcoming Alaska cruise documents on the Silver Shadow.) After sailing 18 times with Silversea, I still get excited to receive our "Little Silver Box". It means our voyage is just around the corner.

Are there any others who feel the same? The "Silversea Experience" starts with the "Little Silver Box".

See you soon,

Regards,

ScottToronto

Really hope you have time to do a quick post about your experience on the Shadow. Unfortunately, when we received our "Little Silver Box" we did not experience happiness -- it was more like fear. Truly do not know what to expect on our next (and possibly last) Silversea cruise.

Does everyone get a Little Silver Box with Fack Croc Cover, or do you have to be "special", in whatever way?

No, not everyone. VIPs get a real faux croc covered box. VVIPs get a live crocodile inside the box. Nice touch, but you pay for it :)

No, not everyone. VIPs get a real faux croc covered box. VVIPs get a live crocodile inside the box. Nice touch, but you pay for it :)

I heard that those in the owners' suites receive sterling silver boxes, suitable for holding cufflinks and the like.

Scott - It is always exciting to get "the box." Since my next cruise is 84 days out, it will be a while before I have that pleasure. Have a great cruise! Loved Alaska!

My email is ccatmauiatyahoodotcom. Please send Martin's email address if you do have it. Thanks in advance.

Jaci

See you soon,

Regards,

ScottToronto

Still love that feeling when the box arrives Scott, and the DW still prefers the tours brochure to trawling thru the website.

Have a great one.

Another cruiser who loves the box here. In fact, it is a not-bad consolation prize for the cruise we had to cancel at the last minute.

For newbies, you need to understand this is a silver cardboard 'shoe' box. The size of a shoe box for small children's shoes. There is nothing special about it at all.

That's why it is so amazing that we get so excited about it. The box I re-use. I have a collection of them and use them to organize small items more elegantly. They look neat stacked on a book shelf.

The documents wallets keep getting donated to Goodwill since I don't use them because 1) I can't manage the extra weight/space in my carryon and 2) if I was going to have such a document holder, I'd used the butter-soft leather one my dh bought me back when we still had paper tickets.

Another cruiser who loves the box here. In fact, it is a not-bad consolation prize for the cruise we had to cancel at the last minute.

For newbies, you need to understand this is a silver cardboard 'shoe' box. The size of a shoe box for small children's shoes. There is nothing special about it at all.

That's why it is so amazing that we get so excited about it. The box I re-use. I have a collection of them and use them to organize small items more elegantly. They look neat stacked on a book shelf.

The documents wallets keep getting donated to Goodwill since I don't use them because 1) I can't manage the extra weight/space in my carryon and 2) if I was going to have such a document holder, I'd used the butter-soft leather one my dh bought me back when we still had paper tickets.

Ditto to all of the above. I am more excited about the box than the bulky doc. case and luggage tags.

The day that the box arrives is always exciting for us. Our next trip isn't til late 2014, so it will be some time before we get to feel that same feeling.....unless of course I can find another trip to entice my DH with...:D

Michele

It's here... And there are a few excursions we are thinking of shuffling. I work in IT and have a love / hate relationship with paper but the tour book always is a nice checkpoint!!! Less than 4 weeks, woo woo...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good evening 5Waldos,

Yes, everyone who sails with Silversea receives the "Little Silver Box". Sorry I meant to say "faux croc" document holder not fake as I posted. Honestly the document holder is very elegant.

Regards,

ST

And to be honest- I'm not sure what I meant to say.

Archived